What's the point of resetting my password for me?

by SolidSonicTH

Original Post

Accepted Solution

What's the point of resetting my password for me?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I mean I get why if that was my ONLY line of defense but I have 2FA turned on. If someone is hammering my account to get access they're not going to get past the two-factor authentication anyway so there's no point. Knowing my password alone doesn't help someone compromise my account.

Message 1 of 2 (159 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: What's the point of resetting my password for me?

Community Manager

Hey @SolidSonicTH,

While having 2FA enabled is a fantastic step, it's generally best to update any passwords that are known to other parties for general security purposes. That's especially true if the password is shared or similar to those used on other sites as well.

We do have a few other general steps here, though if you have 2FA enabled already it certainly sounds like you're pretty aware of these and good security practices in general.

This type of password reset also just serves to give you a heads up that someone apparently has your login info, so any other steps you may want to take to secure that information are probably worth checking into. Thanks for the feedback on this otherwise.

Mako.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (127 Views)

All Replies

Re: What's the point of resetting my password for me?

Community Manager

Hey @SolidSonicTH,

While having 2FA enabled is a fantastic step, it's generally best to update any passwords that are known to other parties for general security purposes. That's especially true if the password is shared or similar to those used on other sites as well.

We do have a few other general steps here, though if you have 2FA enabled already it certainly sounds like you're pretty aware of these and good security practices in general.

This type of password reset also just serves to give you a heads up that someone apparently has your login info, so any other steps you may want to take to secure that information are probably worth checking into. Thanks for the feedback on this otherwise.

Mako.png
Message 2 of 2 (128 Views)