Re: What's the highest kills you've had in a single match?

by MandatoryIDtag

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

17 Kills 2.495 damage Win with Spitfire & PK Combo on Duos in Skulltown only.

And yes, there were some easy goals also.

Message 21 of 40 (506 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

My highest kill game ever was in Solos back in the day with Mirage, 13 kills and a win.

Ever since then I've hit the 12 kill barrier a few times.

But 11 kills is probably as high as I can go, I can do that every now and then.

Edit: Found an old clip of me winning an Armed & Dangerous (from S2) game with 13 as well.

Message 22 of 40 (494 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Romet6 For some reason, all my high kill games have been when my teammate in dous leaves really early (AKA Hot drops, gets downed, and then rage quits). So far my best is 12 when I was solo (AKA Teammate rage quits). My best with a full squad/duo is probably between 8-10.
Message 23 of 40 (482 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@blackoutzzz42  it's all about playing aggressively right from the start. My teammates usually have the mindset of a ranked player - that is, "let's go find some quiet spot where we can spend several minutes looting peacefully, before we start fighting."

My thinking is: let's get into action right from the start before everyone dies off and if we drop on a smart looting spot then we can get a weapon faster than the enemy and we may just get free kills from unarmed or poorly equipped players. Not to mention that there are more weaker players around in the early game, while later on you'll be more likely to face fully kitted players who've probably already won a few fights and are tougher to deal with.

Anyway, the idea is to always third party fights, right from the start up until the very last battle. King's Canyon is ideal for high kills, because it seems to be a smaller map (especially after the removal of the whole Skull Town area) and there are lots of well placed redeploy balloons near high interest areas, so you can quickly rush from one 3rd party to another.

The basic thinking is that fighting a standard 3v3 takes too long and is too risky, because in this game you either 3rd party or get 3rd partied :D ...so even if your team wins, someone will probably go down and you get wiped by another team while you're all in shambles. Not to mention that the teams that are fighting are stealing all your potential kills, while passive campers aren't really competing with you that much and you can leave that fight for later.

If you 3rd party fights then you could quickly get about 2 kills from each team, while they're distracted and low on health. Then you take the best loot that the two teams had and you're set for the next fight. Just make sure to rush towards any signs of fighting immediately, because these fights can end really fast.

Message 24 of 40 (463 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@shadowninja5044  yeah, if your teammate is alive then you need to compete with him for kills and he can steal a few of the kills when you've gotten the enemy down to 10HP Standard smile

Two of my very highest kill games were in trios where one of the teammates got eliminated and I had to finish as a duo. And in the Lifeline 23 kill game I was fighting solo in the first round, while teammates were busy looting by themselves. Thus, I got all the kills for myself and I only ballooned over to them once they finally started fighting someone.

Message 25 of 40 (457 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@KelRiever true story ........... i was there and I've seen it Standard smile
Message 26 of 40 (428 Views)
Highlighted

Champion

@Romet6  15 kills for me.

Usually around the 10 mark though when I have a good game..I'm probably never gonna be a 20 bomb player hehe.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 27 of 40 (417 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Romet6 18 was my max with 3600 damage and multiple 16 and 17 tops , i don't think i can get that 20 kill badge Frown
Message 28 of 40 (404 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Romet6 Holy crap. That's a lot of kills. My highest ever was like 11
Message 29 of 40 (393 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Romet6 Highest kills- 16. I don't remember how the match went tho. Most probably a dub Standard smile
Message 30 of 40 (389 Views)