Re: What's the deal with Origin client never being able to update?

by Straatford87

Original Post

What's the deal with Origin client never being able to update?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Why is it that every time there's an update to Origin it says I'm in offline mode and must restart the client and the only solution is to uninstall it and download a full installer (as opposed to the web installer)?

It's irritating having to do this every time there's an update.

For others with the issue, here's the link: https://download.dm.origin.com/origin/live/OriginSetup.exe

Message 1 of 7 (686 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @sneakwastakenn.

If Origin continues to get stuck in offline mode then I would recommend taking a couple of minutes to go through the steps in this help thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Complete-Support-Origin-Connection-Issues/td-p...

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 7 (658 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes I did actually see that the last time and I never have that proxy setting enabled. It's definitely not enabled currently.

Message 3 of 7 (626 Views)

EA DICE Team

@sneakwastakenn 

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the problems you're experiencing with Origin. We're looking into an issue that appears similar to what you are experiencing. Would you be able to:

• Gather Client_Log.txt and Bootstrap_Log.txt files from the folder %ProgramData%/Origin/Logs (you can copy/paste that link in File Explorer to open the folder)
  • List the Origin version number that you're trying to update from?
  • Let us know if you were updating from a Beta client, if you don't remember the version number?

You can attach the logs along with your reply. Any info you're able to provide will be a big help to us - thank you!

Message 4 of 7 (570 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the followup.

I've attached the Bootstrapper_Log.txt file. I don't remember what the version of the old client was but based on what it says in that file I guess it must have been 10.5.38.26728.

I'm not using a beta client. The only thing I have modified is adding text to the EACore.ini file (the client runs and it is indicated that it's using R&D mode) to use Akamai's CDN for downloads because the patches were going extremely slow.

Even if I revert that change the client fails to update.

Message 5 of 7 (555 Views)

EA DICE Team

@sneakwastakenn 

Thank you - I've forwarded your log files to be investigated.

Side note: While I'm glad to hear R&D mode upped your download speed, it isn't recommended as it's used for testing. This means it can break other stuff.

Message 6 of 7 (517 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you. another update came out a day or two ago and I can't get that one either but it keeps nagging me about it but I'm tired of setting my preferences every time to not hear a bunch of noises and see a bunch of notifications for various things. I will leave it at this version until the client won't allow me to do what I want Standard smile.

Message 7 of 7 (490 Views)