Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: What's in Prospero's store?

by PhantexGaming

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Champion

@IIIIINexus wrote:

Nothing is for "suckers" if you want to pay developers that deserve respect and support them AND they are known for making great content regardless of how many times someone basically donated them, companies like CD project red for example or even Digital extremes.

Just naturally no one respects dumpster fires like Anthem or Fallout 76, they also jack their prices *a lot* for an *alread* paid game where your only chance at buying armor is either paying absurd 9$ for its looks or grinding 6 weeks straight.

Nothing there deserves respect. Absolutely nothing.

This game will also sink way faster than "10 years" because its already on it knees begging for mercy to be put down, just like Destiny 2 you will see 3rd or 2nd part for Anthem sooner than developers will deliver on this mess they promised for Anthem 1. I also wonder how many idiots will buy Anthem 2. I know I wont even if it will be better but being better than Anthem 1 is not difficult, even indie games are better. 

How much per armor pack would be “not absurd” for you though? Or do you feel like everything in the game should be free for years to come just because you paid for six armor packs worth of stuff at the start?

And no, I very much doubt there will be Anthem 2. I imagine at some point they may start releasing future installments in a way where separate Acts can be installed independently (or on different drives, for example). Considering the game is already 50-60GB, and the Cataclysm could potentially bump it up all the way to 100, it’s going to be kinda difficult to keep the entire game installed on one drive on some systems going forward. But if they shut down this game and release a sequel where you have to buy and grind your way to everything from scratch, yea, I don’t expect anyone will ever buy anything from them again.

I would also argue that Bioware is also very much known for making great content, and deserve respect as developers. It’s just that for some reason people think that since they’re part of EA, they should be making games at a loss because EA can offset the losses with all the money from FIFA and Madden. Which isn’t how it works at all.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 91 of 122 (702 Views)

Champion

I'd probably buy more stuff if armor sets were priced closer to 5€.

While I can afford to buy a pack of shards now and then, I'd feel more than a bit hypocritical spending more money on cosmetic items in a game while telling my son not to spend all of his pocket money on cosmetic items in a game. 

There are certain drawbacks to trying to be a responsible adult. Thinking

"From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire."

[Robert Frost - Fire and Ice]

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 92 of 122 (688 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I could easily purchase everything even with most of it being over priced. The issue is none of it wows me, and it wows me even less knowing the game is more apt to die off, then make a come back.

I just want them to wow me. Make me want to throw money at you the way DE did before melee 2.9

Message 93 of 122 (673 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

Can we get an update?

Message 94 of 122 (619 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I really like this mega thread of every store item ever!

Message 95 of 122 (547 Views)

There may be a pattern to what and when comes back, if we can figure it out. Standard smile

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 96 of 122 (543 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@SofaJockeyUKThere is an AI / machine learning algo which people use to predict Baro Ki'Teer shop in Warframe - mayhaps they'll share its source.

Also, please, post current set (June, 10/11?) and upcoming June, 14.

And thanks for your effort! This is a very useful post for new players who missed really great stuff like iridescent paint (like me).

Message 97 of 122 (365 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

New Onyx suit for Storm dropped. Grabbed it and I look simply fabulous!!

Message 98 of 122 (325 Views)

★ Guide

we should be able to see the armour and animations on our current rigs. how do we know if the animation is any good? or what the armour will look like in our current paint job etc. it just seems so half assed to be i rarely bother buying anything, got 100k in my bank doing nothing. 

Message 99 of 122 (308 Views)

@Liamt75 wrote:

we should be able to see the armour and animations on our current rigs. how do we know if the animation is any good? or what the armour will look like in our current paint job etc. it just seems so half assed to be i rarely bother buying anything, got 100k in my bank doing nothing. 

You can by previewing it in the forge.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 100 of 122 (294 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help