Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: What's in Prospero's store?

by PhantexGaming

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

And another 61k wrap, clearly that is what everyone is asking for...

Message 61 of 170 (928 Views)

@pickyghost wrote:

And another 61k wrap, clearly that is what everyone is asking for...

Supply and demand.

If few people buy them, we won't see as many, if people do, we'll see more.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 62 of 170 (907 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

there's a simple fix to this problem, Prospero should be the shop and the Discounted items should come from the Regulator chick (since its black market and at a rebate), LORE reason it works, and gives us a reason to ACTUALLY talk to her or him instead of just hitting escape... 

also, add ALL THE ITEMS in game, they'd sell more items that way and it would give people a reason to log in and grind for what they want...

Instead the they release updates that further nerf the loot system xD

Message 63 of 170 (898 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

I’ve seen people wearing the wraps, so there’s clearly demand for it. I’d be using them myself, but I’m out of loadout slots until I level another character.

@PhantexGaming wrote:

there's a simple fix to this problem, Prospero should be the shop and the Discounted items should come from the Regulator chick (since its black market and at a rebate), LORE reason it works, and gives us a reason to ACTUALLY talk to her or him instead of just hitting escape... 

I agree that it would be nice to have a store with all items accessible at once, but what you’re suggesting makes zero sense lore-wise. Regulators deal in contraband, not discounted items. They don’t sell stuff “at a rebate” – quite the opposite, they sell stuff at a significant markup because it’s rare, in demand, and risky to procure.

I mean, Sayrna’s shop is currently kinda useless for Freelancers, since there’s very little reason to get crafting materials at those prices, instead of just going out and getting them out in the world. But it’s more of an issue with the game’s economy currently being all out of whack. Coin supply is way too limited, and there’s next to no demand for crafting materials (especially Masterwork embers, since you can’t even craft consumables with those).

I think it would make sense to gradually make “older” cosmetics purchaseable directly from the Forge (a few months after they first appear in the Featured store), and the Featured section could be either new items or older stuff offered at a discount. That way people still have an incentive to keep checking the Featured items, but there is still a way to eventually get an item you missed when it first appeared. Right now, even at twelve featured items per week, there’s already enough of them that having any given item featured twice is pretty unlikely (especially if lots of people have bought it originally, since it then becomes kinda pointless to run it again).

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 64 of 170 (878 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

On an unrelated note, something that would make the Regulator store more useful would be the ability to sell her your crafting materials in exchange for coin. The issue with that, however, is that people would probably make millions in coin by selling all of the crafting materials they’ve accumulated by now.

Of course, she could also change the pricing based on how much of a given item you’ve sold to her on a given week, using pricing based on the partial sum of a geometric series or something along those lines. So if you tried to sell her hundreds of embers all at once, you’d be getting significantly less value per ember (since in-universe you would basically be flooding the market at that point).

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

Message 65 of 170 (868 Views)

★★ Guide

@cake404 wrote:

Of course, she could also change the pricing based on how much of a given item you’ve sold to her on a given week, using pricing based on the partial sum of a geometric series or something along those lines. So if you tried to sell her hundreds of embers all at once, you’d be getting significantly less value per ember (since in-universe you would basically be flooding the market at that point).

Easiest way would be to just limit it on a weekly basis, like you can sell earning up to 10k (or some other number) every week. Wouldn't be much different from how they deal with weekly coin payouts now. Plus it would be a nice little advantage for people who still play/log in.

Message 66 of 170 (850 Views)

Champion

Well, geometric series converge when the common ratio is below 1, so it would effectively act as a sort of a “soft cap” anyway. But it would also kinda sorta reward people for selling more (with diminishing returns) while at the same time rewarding them for logging in every week (since you’d get the bulk of the revenue out of the first few items you would sell that week).

Though a flat cap of selling up to 10k (or whatever) per week would probably be easier for people to understand.

Message 67 of 170 (841 Views)

Champion
Love this store rotation. Everyone is looking extra fabulous!

Message 68 of 170 (821 Views)

Today's new stock.

May 21st

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 69 of 170 (764 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Huh...our first wrap that doesn't cost 61k coins. Sure it's not as flashy but I wonder if they are testing the waters here to see if more people will buy wraps at 40k.
Message 70 of 170 (750 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help