What's Ea's/Codemasters plans for F1 23

by Horseponyhybrid

Original Post

What's Ea's/Codemasters plans for F1 23

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I'm just curious what the plans are for this year.

I want to play an F1 game again, but 22 is buggy as (bad word) and online play is impossible/taking so long it's frustrating.

So I'd like to know if there are changes for stuff like that planned, maybe dedicated servers, another way online play is gonna be waay better than it has been for years.

Also singleplayer, what is gonna change there, just the same career modes? maybe an extended one, a story mode?

I need to know this, i've been vocal about not buying the game this year, which would be the first time since 2015 i've not bought it.

So EA/Codemasters, Could you please give some info on this? Will this years game be more fun than going to the forums and reading the bugreports?

Message 1 of 16 (1,097 Views)

Re: What's Ea's/Codemasters plans for F1 23

Champion (Retired)
@Horseponyhybrid pretty sure there will be another story mode:

Pretty sure very little will be added to current game modes.

Certain the game will have bugs upon bugs and added bugs

F1 life will be replaced by a different and more profitable micro transaction store and will be the only improvement

These are only my opinions and my opinions are my own
Message 2 of 16 (1,085 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@ScarDuck14 I'm afraid you're right and thought so myself aswell.
It's a shame :/
Message 3 of 16 (1,074 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Horseponyhybrid What little I've heard/read F23 is going to be improved a little with F24 being THE ONE!

As I'm NOT an insider please take with a grain of salt.
Message 4 of 16 (1,038 Views)

★★ Guide

I don't expect anything usual liveries that are of little use to the game still bug delta safety car. unreal curbs. ditto traction. split safety multiplayer bug. setup are fine any wings little difference. increasingly distant simulation. first gear an option. differentiated rankings not even a hint I'll stop here 

Message 5 of 16 (926 Views)

Champion

@Horseponyhybrid wrote:

I need to know this, i've been vocal about not buying the game this year, which would be the first time since 2015 i've not bought it.

So EA/Codemasters, Could you please give some info on this? 

I hope you're not seriously expecting an official reply to this Standard smile. Based on recent years we'll get a game announcement in late April and more info. drip-fed from then on in various forms.

Based on hints this year I'm expecting F1 23 to have another 'Braking Point' style story mode element, and it should of course have two new tracks (Losail and Las Vegas). Beyond this I'd just be totally guessing. What I'd most like to see would be a BIG focus on improving the online experience, with a close second being updates to the game physics that mean we actually need to use gears much more like real F1 drivers rather than the current high-gear meta.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 16 (917 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@Ultrasonic_77 And it's not like we need to know now to make a preorder or they're running out of stock or the like.

Even if anyone would break precedent and spill the beans so early, we should still not consider preordering the game before a few reputable reviews hit the socials.

A commitment to better practices and content from Codies would obviously be neat, but it's like we're in any hurry to buy F1 23.
Message 7 of 16 (892 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@mariohomoh well 23 got 50 50 chance off going either way. Worth going all in just to get away from this years game. 😂

I did actually get a YouTube account the other day. So I could post a comment on a cricket reaction video. Only for the video to get taken down an hour later due to copyright I
🙄

So maybe if I post a video and get a subscriber. I to can give big shout outs 😇 after all. This year my least viewed posts on codies got more views than a couple off creators that had early access 😂

Message 8 of 16 (886 Views)

★★★ Pro
@ScarDuck14 I can see it now "F1 with The Duck"
Same Duck time....Same Duck channel😁

Dang I'm old
Message 9 of 16 (870 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@BadMayh3m Hmm loving it
Message 10 of 16 (860 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help