Re: What romance options would you like?

by JucieN7

Original Post

★★ Pro

@PretzleMe wrote:

What I'd really like to see as far as romance options is more human diversity especially for the heterosexual males out there.  I know they're not a romance option, but transgenders got featured in a BioWare game before the first human romance option for straight males that isn't a white woman.

So I'll understand people disagreeing with my point of view of this being a problem, but that's what I'd like to see and I am disappointed that after how ever many Dragon Age and Mass Effect Games and DLCs, we still don't have this as of yet.

Josie isn't white
Message 41 of 86 (1,152 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

To me, I do not see a clear example of someone being of a different real race that was also an option for romance for the heterosexual males.

That's my opinion.  You don't need to share it of course, and I won't argue about it.  I was just sharing my opinion and I thank you for sharing yours.

Message 42 of 86 (1,144 Views)

★★★ Guide

@PretzleMe

I understand you. For me as a female I have the same issue. FemShep or now femRyder always had just one human romance option at a time. And if this one isn't someone one likes or feels attracted to one is really ****ed up. 

In ME2 I was so glad that femShep finally was able to romance Garrus (yeah he is an alien) because Kaidan was too whiny and soft for me and Jacob...do I even have to explain how much I hate him? I once googled how I can manage to let him die at the end of ME2 - and only him without Mordin or Kasumi being killed too. I was a really happy person after I managed that! 

But then in ME3 you get Kaidan back as an option and I have to admit he has change for the better, but still not my type...so I had no human choice again.

Same in Andromeda. I don't know what to think of Liam. Sometimes he annoyes me beyond understanding, then he is ok or even quite amusing. I love his Nomad banter with Jaal! But I never could romance him...So I have again no other option as to romance an alien.
I am ok with dating aliens, but I always feel forced to do it. There are so many NPCs why can't make some of them romanceable...or at least kind of dateable.

Message 43 of 86 (1,122 Views)

★★ Guide

Bioware have done a really good job in the games before. For me, as a women: I really liked the romances they gave us: Anomen, Alistair, Zevran, Fenris, Cullen, Blackwall, Solas, Kaidan, Thane ....  But now ....

Liam? Seriously?

Reyes ... Really?

Jaal? You must be kidding .....

MEA is great .... but if I would know this before ... that the romance are so lame and the romance partners SO ugly .... 

They could make a nice outlaw ... bit like CLint Eastwood (for m/m and f/m). But please: Handsome this time. A lot of people write: I don't care how the romance partner look like. But nobody want to romance Quasimodo.

Message 44 of 86 (1,112 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Rappeldrache wrote:

Bioware have done a really good job in the games before. For me, as a women: I really liked the romances they gave us: Anomen, Alistair, Zevran, Fenris, Cullen, Blackwall, Solas, Kaidan, Thane ....  But now ....

Liam? Seriously?

Reyes ... Really?

Jaal? You must be kidding .....

MEA is great .... but if I would know this before ... that the romance are so lame and the romance partners SO ugly .... 

They could make a nice outlaw ... bit like CLint Eastwood (for m/m and f/m). But please: Handsome this time. A lot of people write: I don't care how the romance partner look like. But nobody want to romance Quasimodo.

Well my fav romance til today is still Garrus. And I don't think he is attractive :D It's all his personality. In my first playthrough of the ME trilogy I could not even imagine romancing a not human, but Garrus won my heart!

It's the same with Jaal. His face is kind of cute, but he is not attractive to me.

But even if they were. We deserve to have decent human options too!

Message 45 of 86 (1,111 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@Nykara360 wrote:

@PretzleMe wrote:

What I'd really like to see as far as romance options is more human diversity especially for the heterosexual males out there.  I know they're not a romance option, but transgenders got featured in a BioWare game before the first human romance option for straight males that isn't a white woman.

So I'll understand people disagreeing with my point of view of this being a problem, but that's what I'd like to see and I am disappointed that after how ever many Dragon Age and Mass Effect Games and DLCs, we still don't have this as of yet.

Josie isn't white

Baldur's Gate 2, Viconia the Drow Elf.
She's not white, and it was Bioware's first RPG to have romance-able characters too. :D

Message 46 of 86 (1,101 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I wish to see Evfra and Kandros , i hope maybe a DLC or patch

Message 47 of 86 (1,095 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Evfra is the only character in-game that I'd like to romance.  I really like the idea of he starts out obviously distrusting you, and you earn his respect (or at least...tolerance in his case) through game.  One of the issues with the current romances is everyone sort of likes you from the get-go.  There is no real conflict to speak of.  With Jaal, there is a bit of learning to trust, but he is quite friendly from the start.

Other than that, still waiting on romances with races we haven't had before...krogan; salarians (I know they are meant to be asexual, but why not tackle that?  Or cyrosleep changed that).  Or batarians (if they actually are on the quarian ship).

Message 48 of 86 (1,087 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Clancy Arquist, The person you need to talk to in order to activate the Antenna.  He is also supposed to be on Nexus but ends up going to Eos to try to salvage in order to make some creds on the side.

Not saying I'd want him as a romance option, but I feel like he'd be a good on for either female Ryders or for both... but as others have pointed out, the women wanting humans could use some love too.

Message 49 of 86 (1,081 Views)

★ Pro

@melphina wrote:

I wish to see Evfra and Kandros , i hope maybe a DLC or patch

I think Evfra would be worth romancing just for a shot at his backstory. As far as I can tell from the game, he just showed up out of nowhere one day, took over the resistance, shook things up some, and started winning battles. The original man of mystery

Message 50 of 86 (1,062 Views)