Re: What romance options would you like?

by PretzleMe

Original Post

★★★ Pro

@friffy wrote:

I guess that's the reason why Reyes is so compelling in MEA, he's a bit of a "bad boy". We definitively need more "bad boys!"

Oh aside from my post above I forgot another bad boy candidate that might interest you...  Bain Massani  Teeth bared

Message 31 of 86 (958 Views)

★★ Pro

@friffy wrote:

@VladVonCastein wrote:

@Nykara360 wrote:

@VladVonCastein wrote:

She is Asari but Jack isn't and I wanted to be able to romance her on Femshep sooo bad.

Maybe im just super picky about girls?

I never really did the whole dating thing, im still with the first and only guy Ive ever slept with and im 40 now.

Anyways..

Unless they do them as good as Cora/Jaal/Peebee its kinda a waste of time. The current romance options really need to be fixed/balanced firstFrown

@Nykara360
LOL, I guess role playing games are a good way to explore the dark alleys without getting dirty.  I am 47 this year, only liked women, played straight male characters 99% of the time, played femshep and sara ryder once just to check if they are any differences in conversation, stuck to asari romances when I played female.  Nothing to do with religion/morality, just personal preferences.  Loved playing DudeShep, the romance options...  wow...  Miranda's the epitome of class and sophistication, like dating a high society chick, Citidel DLC with that red dress...man oh man.  Tali's the loving girlfriend, great personality. She's also the only one with flirtatious banter with shep during a mission.  Loved that!!! (Geth dreadnought mission)  Liara's the obsessed chick that will do anything for you(best romance scenes throughout the story).  Jack personality improved the most after being with Shep, she's good if I have the need to play "the messiah" lol...  Ash...  well Ash is the puppylove mistake of my life hahaha...  Kelly Chambers(the dance thing was weird and she looked horrible and broken in ME3) and the Asari Consort are the only disappointments lol...  The MEA romance option are plain vanilla in comparison.

I guess why my (straight) femShep (and maybe Nykara's, too) would go for Jack has a very simple explanation: She's is a very interesting, twisted char. Dark and mean at first glance but appealing. We just wanted something like that for a LI. ME2 tried to give us Thane but compared to Jack he's the usual Disney Prince - and our typical "alien LI" and dead in the end. Kaidan is a Disney Prince, Jackob is - no, I won't say it again. Garrus is something different, "Angel" makes him more special and worthwhile. All in all the others are just boring. And I would have loved to have a male Char that interesting as Jack - or at least a chance to romance her.
I guess that's the reason why Reyes is so compelling in MEA, he's a bit of a "bad boy". We definitively need more "bad boys!"

I just loved Jack as a character. She is incredibly complex. With everything she went through, right from when she was a kid. The * that happened to her in that prison among other things - it all made the progression of her character from this angry young woman to someone who was really a genuine nice person when it came to the biotic kids, some of the best character progression ever. Romances you see a whole other softer side to her as well that I only got to see in vids because im not big on playing make chars. Just once I wanted to see it in game with femshep but it wasn't an option.

I love her character and wanted to see her get the full happy ending, just once. (Well as much as ME allows) by having her romanced because that girl and all she had been through deserved all the hugs ! I just wanted to see her wrapped in warm fuzzy blankets of love and protected from all the bad. To know she was loved after a life of not having that..

I could keep going, ive written a lot of fics around Jacks char but Ill spare you all aby further!

My fav char across all the games tbh

Message 32 of 86 (948 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

***Guess I should throw a spoiler warning in***

Avitus Rix for sure.

I think he and Male Ryder could definitely share some form of relationship. Maybe Ryder just trying to comfort him regarding Macen?

Hell I was kind of saddened that we never get to meet Macen in person. From the way Avitus talks about him and that e-mail Macen sends him before he goes into cryo, they sound like such a 'cute' couple.

-

Sid. 

She has the 'hero-worship' of Ryder that Garrus had with Shepard.

Maybe I did something wrong, but I tried to flirt with Vetra, had one conversation and that was the last I heard about romance with her. I was only mildly surprised I couldn't 'try it on' with her sister....I imagine Vet wouldn't be happy about that but you can talk to her about Sid making her own decisions after her Loyalty Mission.

-

Kallo.

I was kind of surprised he isn't open to either Scot or Sara after you help him with his argument with Gil. He seems to want to find a  'family' or crew after realising his friends work on-board the Tempest has to be replaced. I kind of felt sorry for the guy and again thought Ryder would offer an ear for him or help him find his place among the new crew.  

----

*Haven't played as Sara yet so I'm not aware what her options are*

Message 33 of 86 (928 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is a good question! also really tough! 

I would like if Suvi was an option for both ryders...she is literally the only female i can think of that doesnt have really short hair?

Kallo and Lexi would be good options too! and a krogan! for once Tongue out

Message 34 of 86 (919 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I'm going to say some peeps that no one thought about that would make people wonder why as it isn't like these people were shown as interesting, lol:

Hayes, the woman who gets shot on Habitat 7 by space cupid's arrow (actually it was kett, a lot of them) and still fixes the com.

Lani Reed, Hyperion Pilot.  What can I say.  She flew the Hyperion straight into my heart... which resulted in 42 surgeries and 3 years of rehab but so worth it.

Teviint, Jaal's sister who told me my people were a joke.  My people are a joke and I never saw her more beautiful than on that day.

Cassidy Shaw, the witness to what happened in the sidequest regarding the "First Murderer" cause is there anything sexier than eye witness testimony?  Yes.  The answer to that is yes.  Plenty of things.

Hainly Abrams, I know she's married but maybe hubby don't thaw so good or he see the Angarans and his feelings change.  I don't know.  I know I'm wrong for this but so what?  Space.  That's my defense.

So that's my list.  Please keep your judgments of my choices hilarious or at least mildly funny.

This was an awesome question by the way.

Message 35 of 86 (903 Views)

★ Pro

I'm mostly Scott, so this is pretty much a male list

Lexi

Suvi

Umi

Dunn

Vederia

Sloane

The exile girl who is trying to escape Little Mouse

Tann's Aide

Anan

Addison

The asari ice runner on Voeld

The head agent at the Collective base on Kadara

The Asari at the refugee camp on Kadara who has you fix the comms

Rayes' ex

Admittedly, there are a few NPC/NPC romances I would enjoy seeing

Lexi/Drack (with babies, BWAHAHAHAHA!)

Sid/Kandros

Kallo/Raeka

Sloan/Kaetus

Addison/Tann (Because I am a bad person)

Sloan/Reyes (ditto)

Jaal/Annea

Also, I'm a little bummed that Gil is the only one who gets to have babies. I'd like Ryder and some of the other Tempest crew to get a shot at it too, especially given the major subplot with Alec and Mom

Message 36 of 86 (890 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

For a proper flirting interaction, what about we make small examples to help devs? I am not the seduction-lord, but as far as I go about it, much of the things we like from another person comes from details, body language, timing, mutuality, empathy, uniqueness.

Some of the conversation that would evolve well some flirting is done through e-mail. I think that’s cool, even, but that should be mostly complimentary. I remember Vetra sending me a loving e-mail with <3 as title. She was saying that she was told it was a good thing, when writing that symbol to someone you like. It was super cute! A detail, a caress. I wanted to cuddle her at that moment. But there was no follow up. You’ll never answer that e-mail.

I found Vetra very likely the way I would expect her to be, although there were many times I would go over to her between missions, and only the same starting options would appear. That’s where it needs being fixed. I’ll give an example:

FLIRT: You have anyone special?

Vetra: Oh, you mean … Oh!

Right now I won’t remember the exact words, but she says she didn’t expect you to be romantic. After that conversation, it takes a looooong while for another flirting, and all their talk is basically resumed to academic and the starting conversation.

After that conversation, she sends you an e-mail explaining better about why she is with your crew, and she express her loyalty very clearly.

You could have means to answer those e-mails back, and the flirting option could appear. It doesn’t require voice acting, and you could embellish a bit all the context. Sometimes you could ask her to join you in the galley. Depending on the timing, she could feel uncomfortable, but depending on other flirting moments, she could go, feeling less sheepish.

The scene that you say you love her, Ryder’s facial expression doesn’t help in the slightest, and it also snowballs too fast. You had little interaction with Vetra, and it is very unlikely having an expressionless countenance to express something so important.

Details, attention on details, body language, small favours, small talk, prompt the player into action, and allow the player to prompt back, to answer, interact. That’s what’s missing. Perhaps you don’t need to add more NPCs to have sex or whatever else, if enough and convincing improvements are made upon what we already have.

I really didn't expect seeing an explicit scene between Ryder and Vetra; the evolution of their love would be enough for the feeling of accomplishment. Imagination plays a role there too, and happy ending is rewarding, because you go through hell for the small and good things in life.

Another example: you pick Vetra and Drack for a field trip on Elaaden. You get close to a flower or something like that surviving under the scorching sun. Vetra would comment, "Wow, flowers here, really?"

Which you would reply, "You're here, aren't you?" With a voice as if speaking with something fluffy and cute. She would give that little reserved laugh of hers, and Drack could say: "Awwww...".

Message 37 of 86 (889 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I think being able to play the field, and maybe have some funny, {{ but I love you more than him }} reactions, and events, where one squad mate might try to out romance the other in some perhaps comical ways.

Not and instant {{ Okay you belong to them now }} response, but a wooing of the PC, I know it sounds Vain, but I think it could be sort of fun too.

Where I do not always have to begin the romance, and am more and article of desire, or challenge, and that a friendly rivalry can be happening.

Of course and eventual choice would have to be made, but even that, might not stop the other {{ would be lovers }}  from continuing to try and persuade you to change your mind.

I think if done right it could be fun, and even having a secret affair with one of the others on the side, and trying to be sure to keep it secret.   So many fun options there.

We have all been there in the bar drinking, or just fuming somewhere because we think our lover has cheated on us, so we maybe consider, or even do the no, no of having and affair with another person.. Now comes the make up attempts, which may lead to even more tawdry affairs. Could be lots of fun with this...I think

Message 38 of 86 (863 Views)

★★ Pro

@fudgietroll wrote:

I'm mostly Scott, so this is pretty much a male list

Lexi

Suvi

Umi

Dunn

Vederia

Sloane

The exile girl who is trying to escape Little Mouse

Tann's Aide

Anan

Addison

The asari ice runner on Voeld

The head agent at the Collective base on Kadara

The Asari at the refugee camp on Kadara who has you fix the comms

Rayes' ex

Admittedly, there are a few NPC/NPC romances I would enjoy seeing

Lexi/Drack (with babies, BWAHAHAHAHA!)

Sid/Kandros

Kallo/Raeka

Sloan/Kaetus

Addison/Tann (Because I am a bad person)

Sloan/Reyes (ditto)

Jaal/Annea

Also, I'm a little bummed that Gil is the only one who gets to have babies. I'd like Ryder and some of the other Tempest crew to get a shot at it too, especially given the major subplot with Alec and Mom

I did get the feeling it may have been in the cards for Sara and Liam to marry and have kids sometime in the future but hard to say - Sara kinds brushed Liam off we didn't get given the option to agree that marriage etc sounded like a nice plan ! It was all auto dialogue. As much as its needed in some places im still feeling like there is too much auto dialogue and not enough of our own choice dialogue.

Message 39 of 86 (855 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

What I'd really like to see as far as romance options is more human diversity especially for the heterosexual males out there.  I know they're not a romance option, but transgenders got featured in a BioWare game before the first human romance option for straight males that isn't a white woman.

So I'll understand people disagreeing with my point of view of this being a problem, but that's what I'd like to see and I am disappointed that after how ever many Dragon Age and Mass Effect Games and DLCs, we still don't have this as of yet.

Message 40 of 86 (846 Views)