Re: What racing games i like and what i dislike. Hopes for Future NFS titles.

by BLVD69

Original Post

What racing games i like and what i dislike. Hopes for Future NFS titles.

★★★★ Novice

I realy had a lot of fun on all PS1 and 2 NFS titles. But after that it went downwards.

I believe the implementation of open World and exploration are a huge part why i have no fun in most actual Arcade Racing games.

Gone are the days of beautiful crafted Track designed to let us practice every inch of the track and get better times. Now it all looks generic.

Driving from Event to event instead of a careermode is also not helping.

When i want to drive around a fictional city and behave bad i play GTA not NFS.

And what is all that * with followers and reputation.

We in real world buy cars with money.

Not all of the above mentioned points are a thing of NFS or exclusive to NFS but i think it shows where i am coming from.

So maybe, EA, you can consider to not pump out every year a game that is targeted to social media adicted milenials.

How about every 3rd or 4th NFS game gets back to its roots.

High Speed Racing with Adrenalin capped. No more, no less.

I also see often complains about rubberbanding. If its done right i am fine with it. I learned that in arcade games it is better to have it then to not have it.

PS. I recently took part in a poll from EA and you guys realy need to think more about how you make them.

For Example when you ask if i heared of certain games and i answer yes it doesn`t mean i have played them or am able to give them points from 1-10. I gave all games that i never played a 1 because you had no option for don`t know.

There were also many questions about do you like x more or y more and often enough i was like. I dislike both strongly. But i had no option to tell you that.

With kind regards

Joel

Message 1 of 5 (464 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Thors_Lightsaber If you prefer 90s Distinctive Games(EA Canada) Cannonball Run style NFS then maybe this year's HP2010 HD(highly likely but not confirmed by EA) is a game for you.(Closed course racing/fast supercar and exciting cop chase)Sadly with current EA's idea of NFS this style may never return again after HP2010 HD.As the NFS2015 reboot once again made Cars and Custom the heart of NFS(Official statement from NFS Heat UTH article)The reason Cannonball style fans are ignored is the sales success of FF style games back in mid 2000s.So if you want a newer game with the closest style to 90s NFS then HP2010 HD may be your last chance.
Message 2 of 5 (451 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I asume HP stands for Hot Pursuit and FF for Fast and Furious?

I also liked the Underground titles but i seem to be one of the few who liked 1 more then 2.

I generaly hav no problem with Street Racing games and visual upgrade options for the cars. I like them.

What i dislike is driving randomly around a city just to find the next race.

Or in case of NFS 2015. I dislike when i start the game that i have to choose if i want to play the one or the other mode for both i don`t know what they mean because it`s so long ago i last played it. I dislike that if i choose one i just can`t imediatly race but it starts to search for other players to fill my map. Thats the point where i ALT+F4.

I remember back when i played it first i was looking forward to owning one of my favorite cars. Not even 10 hours in the game i have it. Took some rounds on the highway and never played it again. There was no sence of acomplishment. Races are to easy, rewards to high, "tracks" to boring.

I will look forward to the HP 2010 remake. Dont know why i didn`t bought it back in the days. maybe it was related to to much work at that time. I was recently considering buyint it on steam since i was looing for some old fashioned arcade racers and the reviews are not that bad.

Message 3 of 5 (429 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Thors_Lightsaber Every NFS games before UG2 and Pro Street/Shift1+2/HP2010 are the games in NFS series without freeroam racing.These games are the ones you have to pick a race pick a car then join the race.HP2010 had a open world free roam mode(only letting you drive alone both as cop/racer) but the races themselves are closed course only(except intercept mission which you need to chase the solo target across the map)So if you dont want a forced free roam mode HP2010 is a good choice.
Message 4 of 5 (422 Views)

★★ Expert

@Thors_Lightsaber 

Yes, I agree the poll given was a short-sighted one at that.

The questions didn't allow the community to give full responses.

I felt the poll of questions was very vague and was almost more for EA's public relations dept.

Thanks for the excellent thread here you posted.

Have a great day.

**Reminder for Community to credit for Solutions & XP for helpful liked comments**

Message 5 of 5 (386 Views)