Re: What prevents you from instant pre-ordering this game?

by frantayps

Original Post

★ Apprentice

It's a digital download, what's the point of pre-order.  It's not like they are going to run out

Message 31 of 118 (566 Views)

★ Guide
@Nando_AoT
Fairfight their current so-called AC is today owned by Ubi-Soft, there is nothing left for EA except "we are working on it" reporting system that runs at a snail's pace.
Message 32 of 118 (558 Views)

★ Pro

Outside of Battlefield 2042 being "the new Battlefield" game this year.  There hasn't been any info about the game that has me thinking that the multiplayer experience will be any different than the games in the series that are already out there.  Every time that I play Battlefield 1 and see the nonsense going on in those servers.  My excitement for this game goes away because again there is no mention of platoon support or any kind of ranked multiplayer area for platoons. 

Message 33 of 118 (544 Views)

★★★ Pro

EA Play Pro.

Love playing on pc, better everything apart from cheaters, but you will have them too this time :P

Message 34 of 118 (511 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

We need a proper anti cheat and a simple balancer confirmed. Cause BF 5 showed how bad DICE can be at handling these two issues.

Message 35 of 118 (482 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Terofishy wrote:
What prevents you from instant pre-ordering this game?

Although for now it looks like Battlefield 2042 will be one of the better titles in Battlefield series, what do you think is still preventing you from instant pre-ordering this game?

My wife!

She has that credit card encoder thing from our bank, that I need to make instant online payments with.

The open beta for BF2042 is not planned until September, so no panic just yet.

Message 36 of 118 (473 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@TerofishyYou ask the question as if pre-ordering is something one would obviously do and so not to do it requires reasons. Its kind of a symptom of how game companies have manipulated their customers to pre-order, and as if this is something you would obviously do. The obvious thing to do is ofcourse to NOT pre-order anything. Let me phrase your question in a different way: "What prevents you from instantly giving someone money for something before you recieve what you paid for".The question is quite ridiculous and its sickening how game companies have manipulated their customers to pre-order their products. It ofcouse increases sales at launch, because many hesitate to buy and if they see a review of the game and dislike a tiny detail about it, they won't buy it. So because its EA, I strongly advice not to pre-order and generally don't give someone money before you recieve what you paid for. A general rule to follow in life. Hope you all learned something for the future. Keep your money to yourself as long as possible.

Message 37 of 118 (430 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

What prevents me from insta pre-ordering the game?

DICE/ EA established that with BFV that they cannot be trusted to be honest and even when they are being honest, they can still have the wrong idea about what  makes a good game.

The product we are supposed to buy is a video game, not the trailers.

PS: If they could not completely fix BFV in 2 years , why should I trust them to deliver a finished product on day 1?

Also, why pre order a DIGITAL product that is basically game codes that can be generated infinitely?

The entire point of a pre order is to get your hands on limited physical goods like when you try to get yourself a signed copy of a book

Message 38 of 118 (408 Views)

★★★ Guide

@UP_Hawxxeye i certainly wouldnt pay for the trailers :D

Message 39 of 118 (403 Views)

★ Apprentice

Requirements,now I can run BF5 and BF1 at medium-high settings but I play at low,and the most important the gameplay,if they go back to the class gameplay of BF3 or BF1 I will buy it,if they keep the gameplay of BFV I´m not(classes destroyed,auto health,infinite sliding,medium machine guns useless etc etc....)

Message 40 of 118 (371 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help