Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

What on earth is going on with drop rates??

by Fyrestorme123

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

What on earth is going on with drop rates??

★★★★★ Apprentice

Here is a screen shot of the aftermath of a battle on gm2 in a legendary contract where we destroyed a bunch of elites, legendaries and a couple of freakin furies to boot:

wtfh_loot.jpg

That is ALL that dropped for me... blues and * WHITES???

A LEGENDARY CONTRACT. ON GRAND MASTER 2. WITH +LUCK BUFFS!!

Look... There is rng and then there are broken loot systems.

Please fix this *.

Message 1 of 71 (1,855 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: What on earth is going on with drop rates??

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@Fyrestorme123Well off the bat I can tell you that there is a bug with luck right now that having anything over a certain percentage cause the +luck% to become a -luck%. I can't tell you what the value is, but it does exist.

As far as the loot system is concerned the whole Loot patch isn't even out yet, with the no more whites and greens after hitting level 30 piece being in the unreleased half. And even then the new changes are going to come with new bugs so you literally can't expect to to be 100% better right away. And if were going to live in reality, 100% is never going to happen because perfection in anyone or anything is impossible.

Now as for the loot you got, I have gotten far worse before. Literally did 3 contracts 3 legendary contracts, all on GM1 and got 3 whites, 2 greens, 1 purple, and the 3 completion MW. All of which were trash because the MW were ones that I already had with better roles. So as far as I'm concerned you still aren't doing to bad😂😂😂.

And BioWare is working on it. They released part of it today and the other half will be out by no later than tomorrow.

View in thread

Message 46 of 71 (734 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice

It's RNG bro, you're going to have bad runs and good runs.

Are you telling us this is EVERY time you do a run?  I highly doubt it as you're on GM2 so obviously you have had good runs, or you were an early access exploiter - but i'm giving you the benefit of the doubt =)

Message 2 of 71 (1,841 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
No it's not "rng". It's a broken loot system.

The last 3 runs on gm2 with legendary contracts I haven't had a single * masterwork drop - and only a few epics.

Whites shouldn't even be in the loot tables for elites and legendaries on GM2. This is straight * ridiculous. Don't even try to pretend this OK or defend this *.
Message 3 of 71 (1,823 Views)

★ Guide

our drops are tied to our gear scores, if at 490 (for myself) i am still finding an overabundance of COMMON, UNCOMMON and RARE's.. there's something seriously wrong there.HoR shouldn't drop 3 rares as a mission reward, for a 3 stage fight.. that's just bad.

Message 4 of 71 (1,800 Views)

★★★★ Novice
It’s honestly annoying. Makes me wants to lo less hours.
Message 5 of 71 (1,788 Views)

★ Guide

Legendary contracts are supposed to be guaranteed at least 1 mw. That being said, from what I've been hearing GM2 is broken.

On GM1, Leg Contracts give 1-4 MW, a Leg about once every 4 runs, and more epics than white green and blue combined. If you are seeing significantly less than this, I would recommend sticking to GM1, and filing a bug report.

I feel gm1 is in a pretty good spot. However, I do think the white green and blue drops should be entirely removed. Purple is fine to try and improve any purples you have equipped while trying to fill out MW. Legendary being rare is also fine, since there should be 2 more difficulties of increased chances, plus leg being top tier.

Message 6 of 71 (1,782 Views)

★ Guide

@Zemerick wrote:

Legendary contracts are supposed to be guaranteed at least 1 mw. That being said, from what I've been hearing GM2 is broken.

On GM1, Leg Contracts give 1-4 MW, a Leg about once every 4 runs, and more epics than white green and blue combined. If you are seeing significantly less than this, I would recommend sticking to GM1, and filing a bug report.

Legendary contracts ONLY garuantee a MW on GM 1 and above, in easy through hard it's not a sure fire thing (i've done them and not got anything, even from contract completion)

GM Leg contracts CAN give 1 - 4, but that's insanely rare to go above 2 per contract. while you still drown in common to rare drops non stop.

Message 7 of 71 (1,770 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Fyrestorme123 wrote:
No it's not "rng". It's a broken loot system.

The last 3 runs on gm2 with legendary contracts I haven't had a single * masterwork drop - and only a few epics.

Whites shouldn't even be in the loot tables for elites and legendaries on GM2. This is straight * ridiculous. Don't even try to pretend this OK or defend this *.

You mean you didn't get a guaranteed one for finishing or that none dropped during the activity?

Whites, blues, greens, purps, still give allows/parts but I hear ya it can get frustrating to down an ash titan and see a couple blues or a white drop.  But again, that's RNG.

I'm not "defending" it any more than one defends a random dice roll occurring or the result of a roulette wheel.  I figured most people buying these kind of games understand how this worked.  Wasn't trying to insult or rile you, but it is "OK" that sometimes you get zero new viable drops on a run.  In fact, it will happen more often than not in an RNG game.

Message 8 of 71 (1,739 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@munkt0r wrote:

It's RNG bro, you're going to have bad runs and good runs.

Are you telling us this is EVERY time you do a run?  I highly doubt it as you're on GM2 so obviously you have had good runs, or you were an early access exploiter - but i'm giving you the benefit of the doubt =)

the original diablo 3 loot was RNG to bro it was broken to. diablo 3 v2.0 loot was rng to and wasnt broken , the division had two large loot rng's one was broken one was fine.

RNG bro is just not an argument either way. its a tool that can be used well or badly and right now the huge amjority of people are saying its not right.

im curious , because it is a forgone event at this point the drop rates will get a buff and i wouldnt be surprised to see it go back to the broken 11 hour window levels. as it will still be rng bro your opinion wont change?

Message 9 of 71 (1,719 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

The Rewards are complete BS, end of the Story.

Message 10 of 71 (1,693 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help