Re: What next?

by parstringer

Original Post

★★★★ Guide
After Battle For Neighborville, I've given up hope of the next great PVZ game in the series. I stopped playing BFN because the dev team REFUSED to take my concerns seriously enough.
Message 11 of 20 (687 Views)

★★ Guide
@SonicMaster92 It's easy to see that the staff of the GW production team have been replaced. They are as inexperienced as if they had never made FPS. Of course, I also feel that their attitude is a bit poor, so we all want to know what happened inside PopCap
Message 12 of 20 (658 Views)

★★ Expert
@ejhsega EA have never really cared for PvZ tbh. And it shows.
Message 13 of 20 (651 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@DecreeNo9 ironically the team that made gw2 had a good majority make bfn but after that a lot of them left for different projects and it really shows.
Message 14 of 20 (643 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@SonicMaster92We never got fall off since day 1 of our complaints.

I also doubt the next game to be good after bfn, its really telling when one game causes this much of the fandom to drop off and lose hope.

Message 15 of 20 (642 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Shadowphinx101Its a shame really as good ideas fpr the series are they but they never seem to go through with any of them, I mean look at heroes it did pretty well and has a solid playerbase but then the support just randomly died and left the last two characters unavailable to get like thats just a *#*" move.

Gw2 also had the random major content drought until tale of the taco and it wqs obvious they were running on a small team for walnut hills but we were never given a proper reason for why content just kinda stopped before tale of the taco as the community came back in mass for walnut hills so there were clearly players craving new content. And despite the fact that capture the taco was also well received only soil survivors made into into bfn by being transformed into the poorly implemented battle arena and its not like bfn didn't need more content and game modes.

Message 16 of 20 (634 Views)

★★ Guide
@stukapooka This is where the problem lies. Since they have all done GW, the quality of BFN will not be poor. I personally think it's because of the top management of PopCap or EA
Message 17 of 20 (580 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@DecreeNo9Except it was, bfn was an utter disaster upon launch and lacking content despite the fact that most of the original team was there which further supports the theories that the game was underdeveloped or changed production midway as the files say the game is gw3 and that you cant really find concept art of the game until mid 2019 and even then its not that different from the final product unlike gw1 and 2 were such as edgelord soldier, enslaved moon gnomes mining cheese, and nightmare drug addict alien plants. Heck I don't think there was any concept art for any of the turf maps in bfn if I recall.

I do agree that it was probably excutive meddling to be more like overwatch after its success but once again these are all just our theories so we could be completely wrong and the teams composite iq score just dropped while making the game. We also know about the cancelled pve game that had its efforts combined back into bfn which could explain why the pve is definitely the best part of the game.

Message 18 of 20 (573 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@stukapookaSo I hope PopCap staff send an article to tell us what happened to PopCap, the later stage of gw2 and the whole BFN, as well as the mobile games pvz2 and pvz3, why they are so poor

Message 19 of 20 (556 Views)

★★ Guide

I forgot about this game a long time ago. Moved on to Battlefield 1. Sometimes play some gw2.

Message 20 of 20 (485 Views)