What music do you like when you're gaming?

by DarkBanishing

Original Post

Highlighted

What music do you like when you're gaming?

I like gaming on metal.

My best moments:

1   Playing Neverwinter Nights (I + II) as a paladin during Nightwish or as a Blackguard during Dimmu Borgir.

2   Finishing all dead space games. The music in the credits is, breathtaking. I really had goosebumps afterwards Standard smile

3   Playing Race games on PANTERA. The music goes faster then your car! Lol

4   Slayer during Doom and Quake.

Message 1 of 42 (746 Views)

Re: What music do you like when you're gaming?

1.Old heavy-metal/hard rock (lots of bands, so won't list) for my racing games.

2.Sabaton when i get in a World of Tanks game session

3.Blackmoore Nights for fantasy RPG's (i can go with Dead Can Dance, Loreena McKennitt and a few others, too)

4.Ghost in the Shell soundtrack for cyberpunk games

Just a bit of the music i listen when playing.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 2 of 42 (732 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Depends on day and game. When I play FPS, I tend to turn music off, as I depend on my ears a lot. In less hearing-dependent games, I will usually go for one of the following:

a) Gorillaz

b) Old NFS (II, III, High Stakes) soundtracks

c) Mix of gaming music, which doesn't really stick to any genre

---------------------------------------------------------------
If you think that someone's post helped you, feel free to press the 'Grant XP' button. If someone's instructions helped you solve your problem, please press 'Accept as Solution', so that other people with the same problem can easily find the solution in the future.

I am a volunteer moderator and I don't work for EA. All opinions expressed are my own.
Message 3 of 42 (718 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

For me, whatever music the game provides.  Ideally with headphones in a dark room.  I like to experience games the way the devs intended. Standard smile

Alex
Origin Product Team
Message 4 of 42 (713 Views)

@EA_Alex For the first playthroughs, i do the same. But when you replay them for the n-th time, i would rather use my own musicWink

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 5 of 42 (703 Views)

Haha, You're right, @ivrognard. Are you also such a player? Party hat

For some games, I lost count. Lol, I feel a new topic rising.

Message 6 of 42 (692 Views)

EA DICE Team

@DarkBanishing @ivrognard @EA_Alex @spitfiresiemion

For me it really depends on the game and my mood.

If it's a first playthrough then I definitely want to get the full game experience. If it's just grinding in World of Warcraft, then it can range from the Beatles to Daft Punk..

Message 7 of 42 (684 Views)

@DarkBanishing yeah, i like to replay my favorite games a lot.

Message 8 of 42 (671 Views)

Hero

Well, game music often provides a large part of the game's atmosphere, and thus, it usually contributes to me liking a game.

So overall I just play games with their original music.

There's one somewhat-exception, and that's when I played Little Big Adventure 2. the LBA games have very little music; just a bit of an intro tune for each area. So in the second game, where the music turned out not to be too different from the fitst game, I put on my own music instead. I remember I was on a huge J-Pop binge back then, lol. I still associate LBA with Ayumi Hamasaki Large smile

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 9 of 42 (648 Views)

Hero

With very few exceptions I prefer the game's music. I only overlay custom playlists when playing games that don't rely too much on audio, like certain simulation and strategy games.

I played Zero 7 and Norah Jones while playing Cities: Skylines and Planet Coaster. Very relaxing tracks for a lazy Sunday.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 10 of 42 (645 Views)