Re: What makes you quit a game of Apex ?

by DoYaSeeMe

Original Post

What makes you quit a game of Apex ?

★★ Guide

I would like to know all the things that make team mates quit a game while the squad is still alive.

I feel like people quit if you dont land hot, then others quit if you take to long to jump. Then people quit instantly after they die, even though you get their banner sometimes, they will still quit.

Name some things that make you quit, it would be good to hear all of them.

Message 1 of 30 (1,378 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@johnmiceterOk.

Case 1:
We fight another team at the edge of ring 2. We kill 2 of 3, the third one runs somewhere. We heal and, as we prepare to leave, I hear that enemy healing somwhere near, I ping and go for the chase. I fight him but unfortunately get dropped. My teammates? They hanged around for a few seconds, trying to hit him, then they just decided to leave. As I got deathboxed, they were moving away, at 300m+ already, with an entire minute of the round still left and absolutely no third party threat in the area. Of course I left!

Case 2:

JM drops at the cage. As we split, he goes away and lands near. We are left in a 2 v 3, my other teammate dies as he kills an enemy, I get knocked as I kill another and do serious damage to the third. Guess what, JM is still around his landing spot, playing with the drone (he was a Crypto). Enemy team revives and heals, a ring flare opens and wipes me off. Where is Crypto now? 400m+ away, but somehow still in the storm, stopped in the open and trying to get me with the drone. He realizes I'm outside his range and decides to come for me, but without healing and completely ignoring the full team that now is right in his path. Of course I left!

Case 3:

We drop at Repulsor with one enemy team near us. I'm lucky enough to get an R99 and down 2 of the enemies within 30 seconds. Third guy downs me, but it's still worth it, as my teammates are near and he's one shot, right? Wrong. One left far, the other one is still near but... watching me fight from the top of another building, with a Triple Take in his hand! As I get finished, he hides, waiting for them to get inside a building and then he leaves the area. Of course I left!

All these in about 2 sessions of gaming...

Message 2 of 30 (1,359 Views)

★★★ Expert

Well, fundamentally the built in rewards for leaving a game.

Even a 10 minute break has its own rewards. 

When I started playing this game I used to get mad at leavers. Now I realize Respawn encourages and wants you to leave any game you aren't enjoying, and maybe that's why they even let you keep all the accomplishments to your season (kills, materials, full games, whatever) you get to forward your battle pass up to whatever point you quit, including during the first drop. (want a played game achievement?  Play, quit, done)

Leave early and often.  Unless you really believe every second you are a box is worth it.

Message 3 of 30 (1,356 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@johnmiceter
1) Dumb jump (hovering, turning all the time, jumping towards a spot that’s on the trajectory but jumping WAYYYY too early, going back to a prev spot, jumping too late)

2) If I see situations like @DoYaSeeMe mentioned

3) If I suddenly need to go potty

4) If I get error codes or game logic interruptions

5) If I see that one teammate is down, other one 2 because one teammate landed with a full squad in one house

6) If for some valiant effort there are multiple squads at same spot, me and another one down or out and see multiple ppl converging on the last guy when he’s already low... on initial drop of course.
Message 4 of 30 (1,344 Views)

@johnmiceter Reasons I leave matches..

Teammate runs up and steals loot from a bin I just opened.
Loot goblins who hit all the death boxes of people I've killed before I have chance to. Especially when they did not participate in the fight.

Toxic game chat, most of the time I just mute them. but when it involves hate speech, I report them and leave.

When me and the other teammate have downed 2 enemies from a squad and our third is to busy looting or 50+ meters away trying to mid range.. As the enemy revives and heals..

It's late game and the odds of a successful respawn are next to 0.
Teammate attempts to respawn me in a bad location and I know the odds of survival are 0.

That kind of thing...

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 30 (1,316 Views)

Champion
@johnmiceter I do not quit often but below are times I do

Game loads without a full squad.

Jumpmasters- Ones that jump late or way early to go to a spot multiple teams already are. Jumpmasters that float or swirl me in air.
Toxic teammates- Ones that punch or abuse others thru game or voice chat.
Loot stealers are annoying. If they do it enough I may quit.

No point in getting any of the above wins.
Message 6 of 30 (1,308 Views)

★ Guide
@johnmiceter If i get noob team mates i leave when im knocked, sometimes even when im still alive, cause they are a pain
Message 7 of 30 (1,290 Views)

★★ Expert

1) I am usually being matched with people with levels lower than 100, they dive fast down and die. I am left alone against pre-made champion squad of predator+2x20k badges. They in 99% of matches win. Strangely NOONE can actually kill any of them  - I call this "token of immunity".

2) I got one 20k teammate, he dives down fast, dies and disconnects, the other teammate somehow lives, we meet together at some point and die to the pre-made squad. Here the game can also branch to both teammates be dead, in such case I die to last pre-made squad alone.

3) Since this pattern repeats itself for 30-40 matches (!) one after another I just drop solo at the end of the map (teammates drop in first POI and die immediately), I die to the last pre-made squad. "fun"...

4) After many, many such matches I am being put in "bot lobby" where NOONE can actually kill me (not I have "token of immunity"), I win. "fun" ? Not really. As this entire process happens periodically. It looks like I don't actually have any influence on anything.

Lobbies with high level players are always laggy and stuttery, lobbies with low level players are playable and even sometimes enjoyable (wonder why).

Currently I just play Doom Eternal (great music, great sounds, exceptional fighting system, no stutterings, stable fps, etc.).

Message 8 of 30 (1,278 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Mostly in game death alternatively thick headed af random teammates
P.s: almost forgot incomplete squad is a insta quit for me

Message 9 of 30 (1,275 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

I only play pubs.

I feel one of the major reasons for quitting is the difference in play-style and skill level.

For example, an apex predator player would be very aggressive and confident in pubs, while lower skilled players would try and play it safe. To the pred, the low skill players would seem way too slow. On the other hand, to the low skilled players the pred would seem over aggressive, reckless.
So, if the pred hit a pre made diamond squad in a pub, he will get pwned, and because he knows what his team mates are capable of (or not capable of should I say), he will quit and move on to the next match.... to the pred this is JUST A PUB!!!!!

So, this goes also at lower levels, aggressive players would not fair well with super passive players and vice versa. Difference in play-style and skill level is the culprit IMO.

A better system, that would take into account skill level may be too punishing in time to queue up. Although it would offer a better quality match.

All in all, there is no reason to whine about people quitting in pubs.

BECAUSE IT IS JUST A PUB! and you can play another one in like what, 5 seconds after you quit? get disconnected? die to your opponent?

Message 10 of 30 (1,274 Views)