Re: What level were/are you on before this new update put you back to L100

by DavidW74

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@OldTreeCreeperJust spend like 600-1200 tokens on refreshing the dailies and check those trackers again. If your level goes down, they trackers do it wrong. I've spent a few thousand tokens on refreshing challenges, which could explain why a tracker shows me 10 levels higher than others (equivalent of 6000 tokens, which seems about what I've spent).

Also, it looks like there is an uncapped level / xp parameter in Apex, which is exposed to trackers:

hmm.JPG

P.S.

I can't believe I didn't mention how important is uncapped xp value / level for local / global leaderboards, which are an essential feature for the trackers. I am pretty convinced the level cap was (and probably will be) just a visual thing (if level is 100+ then show logo).

Message 11 of 26 (374 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Gabrielmojo26"As a loyal player that put in lots of time, once again I feel cheated, to be fair, I don’t play other games, this is the only one, hence the level 544." why? i mean even ninja who got paid 1 million to promote apex also plays other games but you, somehow, you do it for 0?

Message 12 of 26 (356 Views)

★ Expert
@NaRnIaaa That's two post in a row where you're spewing complete nonsense, Hooked on phonics volume 2 might be of great help to you my friend.
Message 13 of 26 (353 Views)

★ Pro

Cheated.. on a f2p game... get out of here with that stuff.... such an entitled generation, respawn owes you absolutely nothing... 

Message 14 of 26 (351 Views)

★★ Expert

@OldTreeCreeper according to a tracker, I was at 554 before the update. It would've been nice to get all the packs and not have to play for another 700 hours, especially since I hit level 100 during the first day of season 1. 

Message 15 of 26 (337 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Jem450R Agree.

I believe they reset everyone over 100 to get us to play! We now can earn more packs by playing again! Player base is important and makes for a healthy game. How many stop playing after completing the season pass? Why? No objective left other then fun or ranked(and past platinum requires a team). If they just gave everyone over 100 their packs and let them maintain their levels, they wouldn’t play as much. This gives people over 100 Incentive to play more.
Message 16 of 26 (310 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@DavidW74Why not let people maintain their levels but still make them earn the equivalent XP after level 100 required for packs?

Players who have put the time in get to display the badge for the dedication they have shown and is more representative of experience in-game while still keeping them active for more rewards?

Win-win!

Message 17 of 26 (300 Views)

★ Pro

@DavidW74 wrote:
@Jem450RAgree.

I believe they reset everyone over 100 to get us to play! We now can earn more packs by playing again! Player base is important and makes for a healthy game. How many stop playing after completing the season pass? Why? No objective left other then fun or ranked(and past platinum requires a team). If they just gave everyone over 100 their packs and let them maintain their levels, they wouldn’t play as much. This gives people over 100 Incentive to play more.

Exactly! I started at 101, and now can climb again, which is awesome! And i got 14 FREE packs... free on a f2p game... 

Message 18 of 26 (287 Views)

★★ Apprentice

525 and I'm horrified by EA actions it's a complete slap in the face.

Message 19 of 26 (281 Views)

★★ Apprentice

We can level past 100 as the bar keeping going up up and up and each level a screen comes up that says I leveled up.  Which brings me to my point.  This is a slap to the players who have over 1000 hours in the game and who are already past level 500.  It seems to me things are being handed to lower level players and the 5% increase proves that.  Why should someone who is level 500+ have to with someone is who just about level 100?  The game when you level up is telling you that you are past 100 and I'm way past 100.  I just think this is a slap in the face.  It would be a different story if the game didn't go past 100 but it does.

It's not even about the loot boxes I feel as if I'm being penalize for being 500+.  I dunno how anyone past 500 right now could be happy about this.  I'm currently level 520+ not 101 that's a total slap in the face to players who been here since day one and also players who have no cheated.  Think about that one?  If someone is hacking at level 98 and gets banned they must start all over right?  Well if you see a level 500+ 600+ 1000+ you can say to yourself wow props to that player.  It will also have you think twice about a high level players hacking cuz I don't think anyone could make level 500 without getting pinched by EAC.

Message 20 of 26 (279 Views)