Re: What is your network setup?

by Zeelmaekers

Original Post

What is your network setup?

★★★ Novice

I was just curious of network set ups. I’ll start. 

Hiltron docsis 3.1 modem with spectrum gig. 

Router : Netgear R7800 

My Xbox one X is hardwired with port forwarding with all ports found on the EA page for apex legends. 

The reason I decided to make this post is I just got done reading a post where the topic was fix pathfinder, and yet a response was “Done, check your network”. 

Wanted to see how many people were properly set up and still can’t touch pathfinder. 

Message 1 of 6 (285 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Have a look at the connection troubleshooting on EA website!

Message 2 of 6 (259 Views)

★★★ Novice
Spoiler

http://help.ea.com/en-us/help/console/connection-troubleshooting-advanced-xbox 

This one?

Well it’s a very basic guide and there isn’t anything on that page that I can’t do fluently. 

My Nat type is open and always will be. I have tried different modems and router combo’s 

I don’t have an issue with lag or connecting to EA servers. 

I have have an issue with Pathfinder, along with so many other players. 

To me I will always aim at path finder dead center chest or head the he doesn’t have much body to hit. Maybe try winding pathfinder body a little. That way you’ll be able to make the hit markers wider.

I mean i don’t have an issue with any other character than pathfinder. Hence why several people are trying to communicate that to EA, we all love the game, I mean just because we don’t work for EA doesn’t make us incorrect. 

Message 3 of 6 (236 Views)

★★★★ Guide
It's amazing when ppl got many diff ways to rant about pathfinder hitbox
Message 4 of 6 (222 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Could be your location in relation to there servers I have basically same set up as you played 8 games today for the first time in a while had zero deaths to pathfinders and killed a decent amount of them seemed to be better for me but it was very small sample size so can’t be for sure if problem is fixed 

Message 5 of 6 (218 Views)

Hey

They addressed the issue and have put in a patch to fix pathfinders hitbox.

This doesn't mean this issue was fixed as Respawn said this in the patch notes.

"We expect there will still be some remaining hit registration problems, but with these fixes and diagnostic information, we are better equipped to track them down."

Source 1.1.3 Patch Notes

If you still face hit registration issue's i think this is currently the bug and not a connection issue.
Keep an eye out for the network problem indicator icons in the upper right of the screen.

Zeelmaekers

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 6 of 6 (195 Views)