What is your KDR?

by Srksii

Original Post

Re: What is your KDR?

★★★★ Guide

@Wingmannedbro 

I may be misinterpreting it then it says I have 2/3.  Honestly in game I just see 9 + kills I check after game to see if I got the badge or not. I figured it was 3 squad wipes in 3 separate games.

Message 71 of 109 (549 Views)

@iBlockHead keyword is hoping, 1.5-2 is probably more realistic. The first half of season 3 I was trash, but the second I did decent and move my KD up about .25 points. Played about 3500 games and have close to 3,000 knocks. I’ve gotten better a out arc staring the people I down.

I think I can improve on it.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 72 of 109 (538 Views)

★★★ Expert

@mastiffslinger wrote:

@Wingmannedbro 

I may be misinterpreting it then it says I have 2/3.  Honestly in game I just see 9 + kills I check after game to see if I got the badge or not. I figured it was 3 squad wipes in 3 separate games.

Yeah it has to be in a single match. I feel it's only really possible when you end up alone since teammates will typically always get at least 1 kill on the enemy team.

Message 73 of 109 (522 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Wingmannedbro Or if they truly suck your teammates get bullets off, but get downed and you kill the enemy... thats how one battle went for me for my last Triple Triple requirement... 2 times in a row my teammates got downed by 2 enemies while I had to kill all 3...
Message 74 of 109 (517 Views)

★★★ Expert
@DarthValtrex Haha, that's a good way to make the game experience miserable, every match below 9 kills will be a failure. My highest killcount is 8, but usually when I get to 4-5, we win the match.

I think people with k/dr below 1 are generally having more fun in the game than those above, because they're less competitive.
Message 75 of 109 (507 Views)

@DoYaSeeMe I think anything above a 4KD is top tier players. That's averaging 4 kills a game, you basically can have no games in which you post goose eggs or get third partied right off the bat. That way the games in which you get 10+ kills can average with the other games and close the gap.. That is difficult to achieve.

I've basically been practicing in the firing range with guns that have no attachments on them. Trying to get to a point in which having attachments is convenience and not a necessity. That is were the majority of my deaths are coming from now, bad drops and being poorly looted.

Some rounds I could not have achieved more than 3-5 kills if I wanted too. The location we dropped we just did not run into enough people. Basically don't bump into anyone until top 2 or 3.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 76 of 109 (499 Views)

Community Manager

+1 to @DoYaSeeMe  My highest kill game was a 9 and it was an absolute scorcher, I have no idea how folks would do that regularly. 

On my work account which is about 60% jumping in to test things, 20% solo queue and 20% playing with colleagues I have a whopping 1.36. 

For my personal account, I plead the fifth. It's not a big number. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 77 of 109 (495 Views)

★★★ Expert
@EA_David Thanks. Are you testing on live subjects or jumping on a test server @ work? Although I believe the Apex QA have like 2 years of experience with the game already so it would be a nightmare to fight them Standard smile
Message 78 of 109 (478 Views)

Community Manager

Ha no, I definitely don't want to take them on myself.

Usually I'll just test live to get some context for what i'll send on to our QA folks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 79 of 109 (461 Views)

★★★ Expert

@EA_David wrote:

+1 to @DoYaSeeMe  My highest kill game was a 9 and it was an absolute scorcher, I have no idea how folks would do that regularly. 

I get 10 kills pretty often, but mostly solo que games, anytime i squad up with diamond/predator friends we'll definitely either win the game or die before I hit 10 kills when we're just going maximum aggro pushing all the time regardless of loot or circumstances.

It's hard getting a lot of damage and high kills when your teammates will quickly down 2 players from an opposing team.

Message 80 of 109 (451 Views)