What is the minimum download speed to play apex legends?

by maxdingus13

Original Post

Accepted Solution

What is the minimum download speed to play apex legends?

★★★ Novice

What is the minimum download speed to play Apex Legends? I live in Fairbanks Alaska, have a one-megabyte download speed, and have no way of increasing it. I'm wondering if my internet will be able to handle Apex Legends and if there is something in the background I can do to decrease latency. Whenever I play I can't move or just glitch around and die. Help is much apreciated.

-Max

Message 1 of 18 (46,972 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: What is the minimum download speed to play apex legends?

Community Manager

@maxdingus13 

The system requirements specify this:

Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection

Source: https://www.origin.com/irl/en-us/store/apex/apex#store-page-section-requirements

barry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 18 (46,935 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@maxdingus13 

The system requirements specify this:

Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection

Source: https://www.origin.com/irl/en-us/store/apex/apex#store-page-section-requirements

barry.png
Message 2 of 18 (46,936 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks but is that in bits or bytes

Message 3 of 18 (46,912 Views)

Community Manager

@maxdingus13 

A captialised B is usually bytes, small b - bits

Having said that, net connection speeds are generally reported in kilobits per second.

Apex requires a minimum connection speed of 512 kilobits per second (even though the B is capitalised)

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 4 of 18 (46,903 Views)

★★★ Novice

That's great and really helpful, however, if that is true then I should be able to play the game even though I cant. I have about one MegaBYTE per second download speed so is there anything that the game needs to do more or anything going on in the background that I can stop so I will be able to play the game? Also, I even changed my server destination to "Oregon 1" which for me is about 130 ms and still can't play. I feel like I've tried everything but maybe you can tell me if there is something more I can do?

Message 5 of 18 (46,857 Views)

★★★ Novice
Sorry I meant MEGABIT, not Megabyte.!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 6 of 18 (46,851 Views)

★ Guide
Your claimed connection speed vs your actual are (usually very) different. ISPs say "Up to 1mb" or whatever, but local conditions, line contention, wiring quality and beyond (exchange traffic, backbone speed etc) usually dictate otherwise.

What speed do you get if you run Speed Test in Google? 130ms ping to Oregon isn't great in the first place. :/
Message 7 of 18 (46,848 Views)

★★★ Novice

I did a google download test to get my internet speed. It actually came out as ".94 megabits" per second but I just rounded up.

Message 8 of 18 (46,835 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Props of living in Alaska 3500 miles away from the servers

Message 9 of 18 (46,835 Views)

★★★ Novice

it wont work properly , i have limited 4g connection ,i used all month's data so they lmited bandwidths to 512kbps and i found horrible lag after landing on the game  ,the game surprisingly  download stuff in the game about 10  or more (i found the game itself used  nearly 4gb in 30 hours playing) which makes the game horrible to play in beginning  but afterward it works great .

Message 10 of 18 (46,248 Views)