What is management

by mlawrenc2

Original Post

What is management

★★ Novice

What are you guys doing with BFV? I have been so patient with management and false rebounds but it is clear you guys do not care. I am honestly asking, what is going on?!?!! COD is killing you and you stop content for a month? Who is running this show!?!? Please respond as it is actually painful to watch the game just die while you guys let it. I have spent over $200 on the game and cosmetics in the past but I am not paying anymore until I get an honest answer or you guys fix it. Also, until one of these things happen I will be all over YouTube and Facebook making these issues known. 

Sincerely, 

A loyal but Ticked off fan 

Message 1 of 12 (1,239 Views)

Re: What is management

[ Edited ]

They have to work from home due to the Corona crisis going on; kinda hard to work on a game as technical as BF in your home office with kids screaming and stuff. There were updates planned but have since been pushed back - rest assured though, content is on the way.

This is just my personal opinion but people buying cosmetics only reinforces the "lazy" business practices other places churn out because they know money is still coming and they can get to stuff when they feel like it. I know a few DICE people and can say without a doubt they are great people doing the best they can with what they're given, but I don't remember us really having these problems with Premium. 

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 2 of 12 (1,226 Views)

Hello @mlawrenc2

DICE didn't stopped content.. Due the issues the world now have, all DICE Employees are working from home so the Updates will be a bit delayed. Standard smile

It is not just DICE.. Every gaming studio is now a bit slowed.
_______________________ EA AHQ_______________________

- Is my answer helpful.? -> Please grant + XP
- If my post solved your problem or answered your question. -> Please Accept as Solution.
- BF1 & BFV DICE FRIEND - WindowsManTv_CZE || Twitter: WindowsManTv

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 3 of 12 (1,190 Views)

★★ Novice

Bro I appreciate you playing devils advocate but this is not just about during the COVID period. Also, COD, PUBG, etc. are all producing content at high levels even amidst everything. Management has failed this game time and time again and anyone who cannot admit it either does not follow the game enough or is blindly supporting the game itself.

Message 4 of 12 (1,173 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@mlawrenc2 If common gaming company history is to show us anything it's that there's a very high chance those other titles would of had content already created and sat in a vault waiting to be released.

Regarding BFV to that of COD or PUBG:

- PUBG is both developed and produced by Bluehole again as a direct focus on developing the game and nothing else.

- COD is being solely worked on by Infinity Ward and a few smaller developers which are all being funded by Activision/Blizzard for a stand alone game so they have a more direct focus on developing the game with a staff of 9,472

- EA's spreads their time/resources across the multitude of divisions including Madden series, FIFA series, NHL series, NBA series, Star Wars, APEX Legends, Battlefield, Need for Speed, Dragon Age series and Sims just to name a few, while also having a smaller staff than Activion at only 7,645

Reality is EA offers more variety than any of the other large scale game producing companies and this is what sets them apart from everyone else. Sure they have hiccups every now and again but so do those other companies but it makes you think, if EA with a smaller staff than Activision/Blizzard can produce this many games on a regular basis, what's their excuse for producing so little?
Message 5 of 12 (1,141 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@Real_NoobalishusBro, Battlefield V has not had a “hiccup” here and there. It’s been a downright disaster. You guys are focusing on the few examples I provided and not the overall picture. Up until 2 months ago I was like you guys trying to defend them at every impasse. Battlefiled 1 was handled beautifully with a couple “hiccups”. Battlefield V has been handled like the whole team has been hungover during development. Stop playing yourselves and go back and look how many bugs have been created when trying to fix them. It’s literally been a joke. Stating that they have to spread development around is not an excuse it’s POOR MANAGEMENT. You don’t develop a AAA game and not ensure that the right development team is on it. Go and do some research, experienced developers are leaving in droves. There is an obvious issue with management and they need to come out and say: “we apologize, this is what is going on/was going on that led to these things....”. I was once likes yourselves until a short while ago but they have pushed me over the edge now. I would not be surprised if in the next few years it comes out about serious issues in their office(s).

Message 6 of 12 (1,134 Views)

★★ Novice

So DICE and EA just cancelled all Chapters after the next one in May and June....What do you have to say now? IT FAILED! I wanted this game to do so many things and DICE/EA FAILED!

Message 7 of 12 (1,027 Views)

@mlawrenc2

There will still be some content that will be delivered to BFV so it is not 100% end.. Standard smile
_______________________ EA AHQ_______________________

- Is my answer helpful.? -> Please grant + XP
- If my post solved your problem or answered your question. -> Please Accept as Solution.
- BF1 & BFV DICE FRIEND - WindowsManTv_CZE || Twitter: WindowsManTv

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 8 of 12 (1,005 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@mlawrenc2 In BF1 I just had premium, and for BFV I preordered the deluxe version. But although I'm very dedicated I will not preorder it again due to what happend with BFV.

But I'm also bit tired off all that "salt" I see around these days. Like they own you an explanation. I think if you read the community updates an apologie has been done, there is a clear road map,
Recently I checked printscreens from 2018 BFV and now and if you see how the design and game itself has been improved.
So my question back is: How long are we going to argue as a community, complaining, threatening not to buy stuff..?

There is plenty of content in BFV, and currently with free coins or BFC you can as well get some "free"cosmetics.
Personally I would suggest to play some other games if you are bored from BFV, and check it back later. I also have my moments just playing daily's and calling it a day.

And I'm not saying there are no problems, there are plenty. But there is communication, feedback and a roadmap.

Edit: Typo

Message 9 of 12 (973 Views)

★★★ Expert
@mlawrenc2 I have to place a side note based on your nmr 6 post.
I do think there is mismanagement. Although then more in ways like how changes are managed and bug fixing. I think it might be the whole Agile working thing with Scrum meetings, delivery deadlines which where to tight. Running out of time performing less testing. An example is the sparta bug which occurred after one of the updates. Easy to solve for me straight away, but some players or console platforms had no clue what to do. At that point proactive communication was missing on a large scale.
But further as I stated in my post above, currently the situation is quite improved actually according to me. The developers / team also needs to get back in right positive atmosphere. So great to see fridaynight Battlefield is back. With a positive atmosphere in the end a better product will be delivered.
Message 10 of 12 (966 Views)