Re: What is Actually Resolved by the End of the Game?

by jpcerutti1

Original Post

What is Actually Resolved by the End of the Game?

★★★ Pro

I need some closure at the end and some help finding it.

None of the subplots resolve that I can see, and there are MANY. A few of them reach the chapter end pause point, but for every one of those pause points there are two that have just started. Lots of quests don't completely resolve, and I like how Bioware carries some of those over, but *all* the subplots?

The main antagonist is dealt with, but the ending doesn't make you feel like this has bought you any breathing room. You also shift the shift of focus from one antagonist to another (who you don't resolve) about two thirds of the way through the game.

I'm not even sure I have succeeded in forming a workable team or a place in the system that accepts me. Was nobody berating me at the end of the game a quirk or the new norm I accomplished? Are we just some people who like to go around the galaxy together and do things?

I feel like Cora. I have planted a lot of seeds and have to wait to see what happens. That this, except for DLC, may be the entire story of Ryder worries me. As the entire story of Ryder it is... lacking.

Message 1 of 10 (718 Views)

★ Guide

@jpcerutti1 wrote:

I need some closure at the end and some help finding it.

None of the subplots resolve that I can see, and there are MANY. A few of them reach the chapter end pause point, but for every one of those pause points there are two that have just started. Lots of quests don't completely resolve, and I like how Bioware carries some of those over, but *all* the subplots?

The main antagonist is dealt with, but the ending doesn't make you feel like this has bought you any breathing room. You also shift the shift of focus from one antagonist to another (who you don't resolve) about two thirds of the way through the game.

I'm not even sure I have succeeded in forming a workable team or a place in the system that accepts me. Was nobody berating me at the end of the game a quirk or the new norm I accomplished? Are we just some people who like to go around the galaxy together and do things?

I feel like Cora. I have planted a lot of seeds and have to wait to see what happens. That this, except for DLC, may be the entire story of Ryder worries me. As the entire story of Ryder it is... lacking.

what they did was make half a game and sold it to see how we liked it and if it does well they will make the 2nd half later. as well as close all other loose ends by giving us their endings via the DLC.

if bioware doesn't make another mass effect they can kiss all their fans goodbye.

Message 2 of 10 (705 Views)

★★★ Pro

Hooks for you to spend more $$$ on the game Large smile

Well if you feel like having someone berate you, just choose Raeka, then go to the nexus and speak with Drack and Kesh.  You will then feel like you planted 100+ hours into Ryder but he still hasnt gain a "quad".

Message 3 of 10 (703 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Pro

I remember reading an old interview from a guy who wrote for the original series who said the challenge they had wasn't creating a single theme and then finding things to flesh out the game - but instead looking at all the great things on that storyboard and paring it down.

Message 4 of 10 (696 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Resolved- Location of the Salarian, Asari and Turian Arcs.

Resolved- a homeworld for humanity.

Resolved- Outposts that are thriving.

Resolved- Food crisis, nexus is no longer starving.

Resolved- Twin waking up from Cryo.

Resolved- The Archon.

Resolved- An alliance with the Angara.

Resolved depending on choices- An alliance with the Krogan.

Resolved depending on choices- An alliance with the outcasts (allowing some to rejoin the initiative)

Your job as the Pathfinder was to do tasks 2 and 3 that I have listed- to at least make Andromeda survivable, even livable. Mission accomplished Pathfinder.

Message 5 of 10 (684 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@jpcerutti1 wrote:

I remember reading an old interview from a guy who wrote for the original series who said the challenge they had wasn't creating a single theme and then finding things to flesh out the game - but instead looking at all the great things on that storyboard and paring it down.

The scary thing about all this is watching a vid from the original ME producers, those from Bioware who left more than a year ago? Yeah, they said what would happen, the state in which the game is right now, how it would happena and why. Prophecy, actually. Bull's-eye accurate. 

Message 6 of 10 (681 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@Nykara360 wrote:

Resolved- Location of the Salarian, Asari and Turian Arcs.

Resolved- a homeworld for humanity.

Resolved- Outposts that are thriving.

Resolved- Food crisis, nexus is no longer starving.

Resolved- Twin waking up from Cryo.

Resolved- The Archon.

Resolved- An alliance with the Angara.

Resolved depending on choices- An alliance with the Krogan.

Resolved depending on choices- An alliance with the outcasts (allowing some to rejoin the initiative)

Your job as the Pathfinder was to do tasks 2 and 3 that I have listed- to at least make Andromeda survivable, even livable. Mission accomplished Pathfinder.

Honestly, thanks.

I have argument with some of those, but I can walk away with:

I found 3 of 4 missing arks,

I found someplace where it may be possible for us to live where before it was impossible,

AND the Archon is dead.

Message 7 of 10 (662 Views)

★ Pro

@jpcerutti1 wrote:

Honestly, thanks.

I found someplace where it may be possible for us to live where before it was impossible,

AND the Archon is dead.

Which Ark did you not find, may I ask? Asari or Turian (Salarian cannot be avoided)

Message 8 of 10 (637 Views)

★★ Guide

I think the only missing arc from that list is the Quarian, otherwise including the human arc, that's all there are.

Message 9 of 10 (633 Views)

★★★ Pro

@Vellu78 wrote:

@jpcerutti1 wrote:

Honestly, thanks.

AND the Archon is dead.

Which Ark did you not find, may I ask? Asari or Turian (Salarian cannot be avoided)

The one nobody found. The Quarian/Hanar/Volus/Drell?/Vorcha?/Catchall ark. I am glad they decided to include it in the new galaxy - but waiting for the DLC makes finding the arks not completely resolved yet.

Message 10 of 10 (615 Views)