Re: What if Community Challenges came back

by benn1nat0r

Original Post

What if Community Challenges came back

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

This is something that bfn could do to keep players feel like they are doing something if they have everything done. This can also be a chance to give players more rainbow stars. Here is my basic idea of what this would look like. These challenges would go for a week then at the end we would get our rewards. 

-Entry amount

You would need to complete a small amount of the challenge to get the rewards.

Example get 50 vanquishes.

-Rewards

Rewards could be like the 3 tier system that GW2 had but instead of what GW2 did it could simply just be rainbow stars. These would be harder and harder to get as the tiers went up.

Exmaple:

100 Rainbow stars - first reward

200 Rainbow stars - second reward 

300 Rainbow stars - Final reward

-Different Kind of Challenges

There are plenty of ideas that they could do but some that should not be in community challenges. No taunt challenges and character or ability challenges. These would either cause spam or make the game less fun to play 

The challenges they could do is Get vanquishes, Complete turf matches or any kind of games, could even bring back gnome bomb for a week in the weekly mode, 

Message 1 of 10 (673 Views)

★★ Pro
@Jacob2of3 this is just one of the things I would love to see on BFN, they were one of the things that motivated me the most to play GW2, I just loved in some way being able to help the community achieve a goal to win a certain prize was super fun.
Message 2 of 10 (656 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Jacob2of3A PvZ YouTuber uploaded a video on this topic once. An in-game voting screen for community challenges supposedly appeared while he played the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsOfgXfLllM

Message 3 of 10 (595 Views)

Champion

I would love to see the addition of this feature, also Boss Hunts very please PopCap. Boss Hunts were my very favourite mode back in GW2 and you do not want to know how often I would play Boss Hunts when they are on.

Community Challenges were very fun, the prizes are always worth obtaining and the challenges themselves, I would heavily enjoy them most of the time.

Message 4 of 10 (549 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@TheSprinter85 Boss Hunts were one of the few reasons I occasionally played GW2 although I didn't like it, so I'd love to see a return of them!
Message 5 of 10 (527 Views)

Champion
@benn1nat0r I just found it a bit sad that I never won a Boss Hunt in Garden Warfare 2, if they added Boss Hunts in BFN then I could get my REVENGE! Mwh ha ha ...
Message 6 of 10 (518 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@TheSprinter85 I didn't say I was good at them either Standard smile ha ha
Message 7 of 10 (508 Views)

Champion
@benn1nat0r Whoops, I never clarified. Well, in reality, I have won Boss Hunts, but never in Crazy difficulty so I don’t want to count it as “I have won a Boss Hunt!”, you see. I have won all of the Boss Hunts in Normal and Hard (playing with my experienced pre-teenage brother helps), and getting teammates that know what they are doing as well, but never in Crazy.
Message 8 of 10 (503 Views)

★ Apprentice

I    H O P: E

Message 9 of 10 (446 Views)

★★ Pro
@Jacob2of3 Hard pass on Community Challenges. BFN doesn't have variants so I suppose it won't be as unpleasant, but at that point what would the challenges even be other than generic stuff that is already a part of the Daily Challenges? Seems kinda pointless to me.

Note: I'm all for more rewards. Just doesn't seem like Community Challenges is the way to go about it. Community voting for the next Weekly Mode, now that I could get behind.
Message 10 of 10 (417 Views)