Re: What has Apex cost you?

by d3adc3II

Original Post

What has Apex cost you?

★★★ Guide

I'm curious.  After reading another thread here where the poster lamented being unable to play on the account he'd spent 600 euros on due to sbmm, and after looking up the exchange rate of usd to euros..... 

What? $1 USD = $.90 euro.....

$540. 

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. 

So now I'm wondering.  For those that constantly shout "FIX YOUR GAME" what have you spent at this point? I'm genuinely curious to see of there is a correlation between dollars spent,  and poor perception of the state of affairs in game. 

Five. Hundred. Forty. Dollars. 

That would pay my mortgage for a month...

I could buy a beater car to fix & flip for that...

A new PC... or one of each console...

Good God man. 

So here, I'll go first. I've spent exactly $40 USD on Apex Legends and am pretty content with the game. 

Your turn. 

Message 1 of 50 (791 Views)

★★ Guide

I have given many lives to this game.

Message 2 of 50 (769 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@blkarmphoenix lol, in what universe 600 euro can exchange to 540 usd ? it should be 670 usd.

I spent around 200 on my account, my gf spent around 1000 usd on her account.
She's still playing, I already stopped playing atm.
Message 3 of 50 (767 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@blkarmphoenix My sanity... my cool... hundreds of hours I could’ve done other things... granted, most of that time was actually fun (Pre season till begin of S2... & 10 bucks...
Message 4 of 50 (766 Views)

★★ Expert

I've spent 10 dollars, and it's appalling at the numbers that people spend on games. 

60 dollars on a game that lasts you anywhere from 12-40+ hours is fine in my book. 540 dollars on a game you can't play for longer than 15 minutes without being genuinely irritated is beyond stupid. 

Message 5 of 50 (734 Views)

★★★ Pro
@blkarmphoenix If time and patience could be converted to money I'd be homeless by now
Message 6 of 50 (711 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Respawn barely deserved the 10$ they got from me.

Message 7 of 50 (705 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@blkarmphoenix  Energy.

Dealing with immature people who said all kinds of bad things when they die while playing like a donkey. Running around clueless expecting more experienced players like me to follow them to an open area in the middle of 2 squads fighting.

Yes, I just had it few minutes ago, he called me & my friend idiots while he decided not to follow us to a safer place and died really funny with 2 squads chasing him. And when I ask him to 1v1 me at fire range, he said "haha i don't play with noobs" xD someone need a new diaper.

Message 8 of 50 (704 Views)

★★★ Expert
@blkarmphoenix Depends on how you look at it. An entertainment event such as a play, concert, movie, etc. gets you 3-4 hours of entertainment for 10-30$. Practicing indoor sports can cost 20-50$ for 10 hours. Games give much more hours of entertainment per money, sometimes even in the case of "whales", who spend thousands.

I spent 10 euros for the almost 900 hours spent in this game. Pizza money
Message 9 of 50 (682 Views)

★★ Expert

Nothing but time and possibly eyesight

Heart

Message 10 of 50 (667 Views)