What hardware people running?

by RuStyMoNkeY96

Original Post

What hardware people running?

★★★ Apprentice

Just want to get an idea of what people will be playing on. Will be interesting to see what proportion of people are playing on what.

I'm on PC VR (Index) with Logitech X52 Pro Joystick

P.S. Just re-watched Rogue One and it got me even more pumped for this game (if that's even possible)

Message 1 of 11 (1,011 Views)

Re: What hardware people running?

★★★★★ Apprentice

PC mouse and keyboard, no VR.

Message 2 of 11 (964 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

PC, no VR (resolution still isn't there for me).  Rocking a home brew head tracker  (Freetrack, DIY IR Point clip)

Using a T16000M (original green version with lighter spring) and CH Pro Throttle.  In the process of scratch building rudder pedals.

Currently re-playing Xwing Alliance in the lead up to Squadrons releasing which has got me even  more  pumped for this game.

Message 3 of 11 (940 Views)

EA DICE Team

Nice topic! 

Looking at buying hotas system, I have received a fair few recommendations already but any recommendation is always welcome. Standard smile  

I have Valve index at home that is standing by for the VR. 

/Atic 

Message 4 of 11 (877 Views)

★★ Guide

I don't have VR, I have T16000 HOTAS Flight Pack and TrackIR, but I hope I can play this game comfortably with only mouse and keyboard or maybe with Steam Controller. HOTAS systems needs too much desk space and time to setup, I use it very rarely and only for simulator games like Elite Dangerous or IL2 where you simply can't play with mouse and keyboard if you like to shoot and hit something.

Message 5 of 11 (853 Views)

★ Guide

PC

i7-8700K
32 Gig DDR4 3200 TForce Nighthawk
ASUS Z390-A Prime mobo
ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 OC
Alienware 3418DW Ultrawide

Peripherals

Corsair K70 Mk2 keyboard
Corsair M65 Pro mouse
RIG 500 headet
Logitech G X56 HOTAS 

TrackIR - No VR (hoping Squadrons will support TrackIR native).

Message 6 of 11 (810 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

I'm going to be playing on PS4, but wouldn't mind getting a VR Headset just for this game Wink

/EA_Joz

Joz.png
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey! If a post Answered your question, please click on Accept as Solution.
Thank players and help them 'Level Up' by giving them XP.
Want to learn more on how to level-up and become a Hero for the AHQ? Learn more about it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage#ranks
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 7 of 11 (777 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@RuStyMoNkeY96

9700K + 2070 + 32Gb Ram

Track IR (no VR)

Thrustmaster Warthog as HOTAS and CH Pro Pedals as rudder.

Message 8 of 11 (714 Views)

★★★ Novice

ryzen 7 3700x 

16gb 3200mhz ddr4 ram

Amd 5700xt 8gb gpu

Will be playing on oculus quest through virtual desktop

Message 9 of 11 (721 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Will be playing on PC. I upgraded my setup at the start of quarantine, looks like it will pay off for Squadrons. Large smile

VR Headset: Pimax 5k XR (OLED) - Love this thing in Elite: Dangerous. The OLED provides deep, deep blacks in space and it has quite a wide field of view.
HOTAS: Thrustmaster TFlight HOTAS 4 - One of the cheaper HOTAS options, but has served me well. Plug-and-play for PS4 as well.

CPU: i7-7700K
GPU: Geforce RTX 2080-Ti

See you pilots out there!
o7

;-)

Message 10 of 11 (611 Views)