Re: What happened to Skill Based Match Making ?

by BarisVan

Original Post

What happened to Skill Based Match Making ?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I am playing Apex Legends PC for 2 weeks. Now, my level is 27.

I had been playing with players whose levels around mine (at most 40 level).

But for the last 24 hours, it has been matching me with players even 500 level. It happened by itself.

I feel like a fish when I play with those pro players, it is not fun.

Why "Skill Based Match Making" (SBMM) is not working?

Message 1 of 6 (233 Views)

★★★ Expert
@BarisVan You're hardly going to learn anything from a level 40, so you can see it as an opportunity. Unfortunately, I know that many high level players are toxic toward beginners, like they were born predators or something. Still, from time to time you'll discover really good players that can guide you or that are fun to watch.

Also, learn that the levels are capped at 500. If they wouldn't be, some people would probably be level 10k by now. Very few of the level 500 you see are actually pros and even them can have bad games where they die with 0 damage.
Message 2 of 6 (223 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Thanks for your nice respond @DoYaSeeMe 

I am agree with you about learning something but that can be annoying sometimes when you killed by enemy in seconds.

I just wondered what has changed on matchmaking ? Why this happened?

Message 3 of 6 (214 Views)

★★★ Expert
@BarisVan Can be anything, many long time players returning to Apex to warm up before crossplay and new ltm are dropping, too few people playing in your area for the matchmaking to properly separate "wolves" from "sheeps" without keeping them for too long in the waiting queues, your stats being much higher than the average of players below level 100 or so...
Message 4 of 6 (209 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Two events :

1. You were playing good, some kills with good damage so your performance seems good.

2. Level 500 playing sucks, hot drop, die instantly for few times so his performance looks bad.

Then both of you got into same lobby.

Happend to me few times....being potatoes then get low rank lobby :P

Message 5 of 6 (200 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I got the system better now.

Thanks for your answers @DoYaSeeMe @asukojo 

Message 6 of 6 (192 Views)