Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

What does the play style medals mean?

by Queketh

Original Post

Accepted Solution

What does the play style medals mean?

★★★★ Novice

What does the different play style medal mean? I thought I had an idea, but recent missions I have done have unraveled those ideas :P

Soldier?

Just general active combatant?

Artillery?

Long range aoe damage? Or not getting hit that much while doing damage?

Executioner?

Guess: getting a lot killing blows?

Sage?

Getting more lore/ looting/ materials than battle?

Anyway, I have been searching around a little, and haven't found anything official. Maybe i just suck at looking for information, in which case sorry for this post.

Message 1 of 6 (9,151 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: What does the play style medals mean?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

EDIT:

Straight from EA

• General - Let’s start with the exception. General Feats aren’t associated with a Legionnaire, but they grant you XP for finishing a Mission, reinforcing others, and completing a Stronghold or World Event.
  • Artinia - Rewards you for weapon use, defeating elite enemies, and hitting weak points (Soldier medal).
  • Cariff - Rewards you for using combos, gear, and multi-kills (Artillery medal).
  • Gawnes - Rewards you for using Melee, Ultimate abilities, and defeating Legendary enemies (Executioner medal).
  • Yvenia - Rewards you for collecting and harvesting items and repairing the Javelins of downed allies (Sage medal).

Click for EA Help Source Page with More Info

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (9,129 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Soldier = guns. Executioner = melee. Sage is probably elemental abilities and artillery blast (and impact?) damage if I had to guess.

Message 2 of 6 (9,144 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

EDIT:

Straight from EA

• General - Let’s start with the exception. General Feats aren’t associated with a Legionnaire, but they grant you XP for finishing a Mission, reinforcing others, and completing a Stronghold or World Event.
  • Artinia - Rewards you for weapon use, defeating elite enemies, and hitting weak points (Soldier medal).
  • Cariff - Rewards you for using combos, gear, and multi-kills (Artillery medal).
  • Gawnes - Rewards you for using Melee, Ultimate abilities, and defeating Legendary enemies (Executioner medal).
  • Yvenia - Rewards you for collecting and harvesting items and repairing the Javelins of downed allies (Sage medal).

Click for EA Help Source Page with More Info

Message 3 of 6 (9,130 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I thought pretty much the same thing. Then my friend who was playing Storm, and never done any melee, got executioner. While I, as a melee intercepter, usually get Executioner, Soldier or Artillery (and sage a single time) Which is causing my confusion :P

Most of the times, he gets Artillery as Storm, while my other friend playing colossus, like me get some all-around medals.
Message 4 of 6 (9,123 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So whats the point of the medals?

Message 5 of 6 (9,016 Views)

★★ Apprentice
It related to xp Bonus simpler to mass effect multiplayer
Message 6 of 6 (6,745 Views)
Twitter Stream