Re: What does punching your teammates constantly throughout the match achieve?

by JonStriker126

Original Post

Accepted Solution

What does punching your teammates constantly throughout the match achieve?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

This literally does more harm than good, I don’t care if you’re upset that someone took something from you, like a gold helmet or shield. Don’t be whiny, harm your squad, and ruin the match when your squad mate is trying to aim because you’re being salty.

Do I understand it immediately after it happens? Yeah, but if your teammate isn’t willing to give up nicely whatever it is you want, get over it and move on. 

Message 1 of 20 (1,022 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion
@DaDeDimson I just leave those games completely.

View in thread

Message 5 of 20 (968 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice
@DaDeDimson If someone punches me I just go my own way, I do this with any sign of toxicity. Toxic player's aren't worth the rage, I only really play duo's so I play alone at least half the time anyway. If my teammate is a nice dude then great, if they're toxic I don't want to be anywhere near them.
Message 2 of 20 (1,004 Views)

★★ Pro
@DaDeDimson
Also at the beginning of Arena matches, I am trying to use my cool new emote and they just keep punching in order to cancel mi animation >Frown

On the other hand, I had this problem on BR this season, I was looting a deathbox in fragment and my teammate just punched me and I fell off to the lava. Some people are just toxic and have 0 spirit of playing as a team, it's just disgusting.
Message 3 of 20 (990 Views)

★★★ Guide
@shaunlake1344 See I try to avoid them too but every time I stop moving they’ll keep at it 😡
Message 4 of 20 (970 Views)

Champion
@DaDeDimson I just leave those games completely.
Message 5 of 20 (969 Views)

★★★ Guide
@hayhor I wish I could but this happens to me in ranked
Message 6 of 20 (937 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@DaDeDimson It's annoying getting punched in Arenas while I'm buying stuff.
Message 7 of 20 (897 Views)

[ Edited ]

@DaDeDimson

I only ever did the punching thing over items one time. It was when replicators first came into the game. We landed in an area with a bunch of materials. I grabbed them, made a weapon, an Epic attachment, and a Legendary attachment for it. I was able to grab the gun, but the second the attachments were done being made, my teammate grabbed them (this was before they put in that little grace period, where only you can pick up the stuff you crafted).

Needless to say, that frustrated me. One, because it was over 100 materials (that's not easy to get back unless you go to another crafting area on the map). And two, if they wanted that stuff, they easily could have grabbed materials and made them. They stole my stuff, and not only was I out the materials to make it, I was out the attachments as well.

So, while my reaction may have not been the best, I did punch them multiple times. I also typed in chat that they took my stuff and I wanted it back. And I told them I wasn't going anywhere, until they did so. They eventually did give them back after two minutes or so.

Now, could what I did be considered "toxic" behavior? Perhaps. Could I have handled the situation better? Perhaps. But I would argue it was also toxic of them to steal my stuff that I made, when they literally could have spent 30 seconds grabbing materials and making it for themselves.

All in all, though, thankfully they added that feature where for the first few seconds only you can pick up the stuff you've crafted. So, nothing like that ever happened to me since. But, yeah, I was very irritated at the time.

@Lord_Scorpion34

Yeah, I agree. I don't know if they do that because I'm not picking my load out fast enough or if they just like being annoying, but it sucks. Especially on a map like artillery, where they can actually knock you off the platform, because then I have to spend extra time going around it to get to where I need to go when the match starts. 

Message 8 of 20 (894 Views)

★★★ Pro

@JonStriker126 wrote:

@DaDeDimson

I only ever did the punching thing over items one time. It was when replicators first came into the game. We landed in an area with a bunch of materials. I grabbed them, made a weapon, an Epic attachment, and a Legendary attachment for it. I was able to grab the gun, but the second the attachments were done being made, my teammate grabbed them (this was before they put in that little grace period, where only you can pick up the stuff you crafted).

Needless to say, that frustrated me. One, because it was over 100 materials (that's not easy to get back unless you go to another crafting area on the map). And two, if they wanted that stuff, they easily could have grabbed materials and made them. They stole my stuff, and not only was I out the materials to make it, I was out the attachments as well.

So, while my reaction may have not been the best, I did punch them multiple times. I also typed in chat that they took my stuff and I wanted it back. And I told them I wasn't going anywhere, until they did so. They eventually did give them back after two minutes or so.

Now, could what I did be considered "toxic" behavior? Perhaps. Could I have handled the situation better? Perhaps. But I would argue it was also toxic of them to steal my stuff that I made, when they literally could have spent 30 seconds grabbing materials and making it for themselves.

All in all, though, thankfully they added that feature where for the first few seconds only you can pick up the stuff you've crafted. So, nothing like that ever happened to me since. But, yeah, I was very irritated at the time.

@Lord_Scorpion34

Yeah, I agree. I don't know if they do that because I'm not picking my load out fast enough or if they just like being annoying, but it sucks. Especially on a map like artillery, where they can actually knock you off the platform, because then I have to spend extra time going around it to get to where I need to go when the match starts. 

Oh, totally with you there.  I was a box and my teammate looted me (digital threat scope gone) and respawned me (not far away, no reason to loot me).

I stole his purple backpack he crafted... two can play at that.

But seriously, I've punched teammates who don't use their abilities sometimes.  The lifeline who doesn't deploy healing drone, the bloodhound who refuses to use his scan ever, the loba who never sets up shop, etc.  

- DR

Message 9 of 20 (832 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

Had one the other day. He was mad because I looted the deathbox of someone I hit for almost 200, whom he shot once and got the kill for. Anyway, it was at Harvester, so I went to the lava in the middle and threw all my stuff into the lava and left the game. Go get the stuff now, b****.

Message 10 of 20 (830 Views)