What does Apex Legends need to keep players?

by Balzano

Original Post

What does Apex Legends need to keep players?

★★★ Guide

So recently i have found myself dropping less frequently onto the island to shoot people up.

I found myself thinking that there really isn't anything encouraging you to keep playing the game. No progress , nothing new, nothing fresh. Like the fresh wind that blew through the gaming community a little more then 2 months ago when Apex launched.

Apex gained traction for a reason, it was new, it was fresh, it had a new angle on BR... and they hade a ping system! A way to communicate.

After that, everything got stale. The influence of cheaters on the game is highly underrated by Respawn. Something that started as a snowball has turned itself into a full on avalanche that is sweeping through the servers.

So what is Apex missing? What could they do to actually gain our confidence again? What are they doing to keep us coming back for more?

I suggest the following;

* A competitive scene, where you can gain rank, create a team and actually work towards something more then the regular win. That would also deal with cheaters and let some of us get away from them. Since they would most likely be caught and banned faster when people care more.

* More communication! This is something we all want today, we live in a world where communication is a simple thing, and there are a multitude of ways to communicate, twitter, reddit... well. THIS forum. But instead it's the regular EA silence. Even if it's just a "hi, how is your day going?". it's still better then nothing.

* Special themed events - Something like easter event, mid summers, winter event. They had one single award for valentines day. They should be able to do something more then that. It's also a great way to get people to come back to the game, limited edition skins, awards and so on.

I'm interrested in knowing what you all want?

I left out Solo Q, because that is not something i want. ^^ but i would love to hear your point of view on it.

Message 1 of 15 (547 Views)

Re: What does Apex Legends need to keep players?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

couldn´t agree more.

We need 2-Step-Verification + ranked (just like Rainbow6:Siege does it... no verification = no ranked).

Better Anticheat, at best 2 of them (1 proavtive and 1 stat-/behavior tracking)

Ingame Events .... early days there have been some... even severall hidden eastereggs like finding small sculptures and other things hidden in the entire island (why isn´t this still a thing?)

Message 2 of 15 (535 Views)

★★★ Guide
I know we got jumppads on some points on the map before Octane got released. All other eastereggs where missed by me. What sculptures? :o

Totally agree with you! 2-step and an anti cheat that looks at behavior and stats.

They also need to implement some sort of spectatormode, when they release ranked. Just by looking at the competitive scene where people have coaches that go through games and so on.
Message 3 of 15 (522 Views)

★★ Guide

I’d love to see some daily challenges added into the game that reward you with crafting metals. I’m also a fan of aesthetics and it would be awesome to see some completely new skins for our legends, that themed with events or battle passes. I think I read in this forum someone wanting a Terminator skin for pathfinder, I’d love to see a Scorpion skin for him.

“Get Over Here, Friend”

11846F40-7122-4863-9AF6-EBC701C98844.jpeg

Message 4 of 15 (502 Views)

★★ Guide
Solo mode
Message 5 of 15 (460 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Paneross 

Wheres shadow awol and the other guy to preach with you they have not created a post in a couple days?

but honestly I don’t think apex needs anything other than a map change or new maps and a matchmaking system but I understand to do a matchmaking system it will be a lot of work so I am willing to wait for it

Message 6 of 15 (448 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I would like a nighttime jungle map with lots of tunnels and a volcano. Thinking

Message 7 of 15 (441 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@warslag that sounds incredible actually, it would change things up a lot to have another map.

@Balzano Mostly just a better anticheat system. Maybe separate their game from others on Origin somehow, with verification or something... they need a system so people have the freedom to have a second account if they want to level another account, sure... but hearing that some cheaters have 100+ accounts or just wipe their ban somehow and log back into the same one is ridiculous to me.

Message 8 of 15 (433 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@neillkorey wrote:

@Paneross 

Wheres shadow awol and the other guy to preach with you they have not created a post in a couple days?

but honestly I don’t think apex needs anything other than a map change or new maps and a matchmaking system but I understand to do a matchmaking system it will be a lot of work so I am willing to wait for it

WARNING: OT

Here we are. For a few days i was just following your replies whitin the forum: they are ALWAYS negative; you just try to put down any person who has a different point of view from you and guess what? If you look closely you can see that you NEVER come up with any sort of feedback or usefull ideas for the game and the players. 

You know why i want solo's? I want them because make me sick even to think that there is a chance to end up playing with people like you.

Sorry dude, you are a toxic person and this community doesn't need you, you're kinda useless and i believe that everyone could agree with it.

You are just a flamer: go away already, we do not need nor want you!

ps: i want to apologize with the community itself and the mods but i've had enough from you!

ps2: of course i will not reply to none of your posts as they do not deserve a reply at all. 

Peace. 

Message 9 of 15 (413 Views)

★ Guide

this is a GREAT post lets not ruin it with this type of replies Standard smile 

Message 10 of 15 (394 Views)