What do you think, the havoc nerf actually did something?

by Renegade_Prime86

Original Post

What do you think, the havoc nerf actually did something?

★★★★★ Guide

Still, a lot of people are running around with it till end game.

In my last game, I had an enemy squad, all 3 of them had havocs, we can all see how that turned out.

I never use that gun, I rather use my fist early game if I see one.

Went down to the firing range and the recoil change doesn't do any effect in my opinion, it just starts with a hard kick to the right wah is easy to counter, even if you cant just hip fire for the first one and a half-second and then ADS and the problem is solved 

In my opinion, this gun is still broken

Message 1 of 8 (421 Views)

Re: What do you think, the havoc nerf actually did something?

★ Expert

It was a laser beam pre-nerf, huge difference imo, and justified.

I don't see it utilized all that much now, the only time I'll pick it up is on the drop as it shreds level 1 shields early game.

Message 2 of 8 (412 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Renegade_Prime86 It's not broken, the only difference it has now compared to last season is that it has a horizontal recoil when you start the gun up and then its pretty much the same as last season. I like it at the start of the game, I will swap it out as soon as I can bit hip fire it is still seriously OP.

I have noticed that few players run around with with now, especially at end game. The only players that will use it are people who have mastered the recoil or players who are using anti recoil mods.
Message 3 of 8 (400 Views)

Champion
@Renegade_Prime86 I still use it sometimes but have been using it since before all the hype. I like it cause of the hop up and ability to shoot from distance.

The change did make a little difference as I see a lot less people carrying one now, especially end game. I am even at the point I'd prefer an r301 and flatline combo.
Message 4 of 8 (334 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

I drop it pretty early now. For weapons you may be surprised about.

I was alright at first. But sometimes that initial bounce throws me off enogh i go into panic-aim so i just cba with it.

Meanwhile I've squad wiped with am RE45 so.

Pre nerd it had become one of my go to weapons and I'd even pick it over my usual favourites.

Message 5 of 8 (280 Views)

@Renegade_Prime86 It reduced the number of people using it from basically everyone to only those who have mastered recoil control.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 6 of 8 (273 Views)

Champion

Honestly never thought I'd say this, but I actually prefer the L-star to the havoc these days.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 7 of 8 (234 Views)

★★★ Pro
@MandatoryIDtag Yes, 100% the L-Star is actually a silent beast. It melts people and the bullets are huge so its hard to miss someone in close combat!
Message 8 of 8 (200 Views)