Re: What do you think about the L-Star?

by pastaclown

Original Post

What do you think about the L-Star?

★ Expert

Do you think it's weak or strong? underappreciated?

I used to think it was rather weak and hard to use cause I'm pretty much blindly shooting cause of the projectile but after running it for a bit(thanks to the challenge) I've learned to love this gun. It doesn't have that much recoil and the fire rate is pretty decent.

Message 1 of 9 (393 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Daze623 It shreds in CQC. But it blinds the person shooting it as well as the person getting shot lol. I don't use it cuz you can run out of energy ammo pretty fast and I don't want to waste my inventory slots. I am planning on using it tho...someday.
Message 2 of 9 (366 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I thought the HAVOC was better in every way for a long time, but after the HAVOC nerf I started using the L-Star a little more, and I didn’t think much of it even still until I started going for headshots. Headshots kill people so fast, it’s ridiculous! Slap a 1x HCOG on and call it a day

Message 3 of 9 (344 Views)

Champion

Hate it!

It's usually responsible for me dying on drop, i have a uncanny knack for running into the guy that picked one up before i find a bodyshield, thus i get melted as its much harder to dodge those thicc bullets in a small room. 

The only small mercy is that it pales in comparison to it's TF2 predecessor.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 9 (331 Views)

Champion
@Daze623 I really like it and will run it with a havoc if I find enough energy ammo early game. It is much easier to use than the care package weapon that kicked like an angry mule.
Message 5 of 9 (298 Views)

@Daze623 It’s a love hate relationship. It’s really good or really bad for me. Best part a out killing people with the L-star, you know they are raging because they got killed by it. The worst part about the L-star is being killed by it, because you raging that you just got killed by it.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 6 of 9 (288 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Daze623 Can't stand L-Star. I will only grab it if there is literally nothing else and as soon as I see another weapon it's dropped.

If i wanted to bomb my vision with red strobes I'll go to a rave.
Message 7 of 9 (273 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
My story revolves around a guy with the L-star... he... shoots... hell, that stupid weapon is more annoying than taking the trash out on tuesday!

Every time I get it on drop I’m already regretting my decision to land there... it’s not even 50-50. I only win when I get the drop on ppl with it. That thing blinds me so hard that I can almost just close my eyes and shoot and still have better proficiency with it.

That gun is a headshot monster. Hit headshots with it and you nearly decapitate an enemy with it. It’s that stupidly powered. Hit body shots and you’re thinking ‘why doesn’t this lvl 1 armor person die already!’ Go check it out in firing range.

Only time I can actually play with this weapon is with a sight, doesn’t matter which site... but the better the magnification, the better I can play with it. If I use a bruiser (2x HCOG) it’s like it’s not even the L-star anymore. I can actually see where I’m shooting...

Or are you supposed to hipfire this weapon? Cause if enemies hit me with this weapon... oh boy you’d think they were shooting an R99 the way I see chunks of life just disappear...
Message 8 of 9 (235 Views)

★★ Expert

@Daze623 Underappreciated due to visual clutter when firing, the projectile speed feeling inconsistent at times, and limited range. The damage is excellent however, and despite the reticle growing massively whilst hip-firing, it's actually pretty tight consistent hip-fire for CQC.

Message 9 of 9 (203 Views)