What do you prefer, new maps or map changes?

by Neil_Enbob

Original Post

What do you prefer, new maps or map changes?

★★ Guide

The two other big Battleroyal games being PUBG, Fortnite have different approaches to map variety. Fortnite changes up their map, akin to Apex Legends. PUBG releases completely new maps. I prefer a new map and it creates more variety.

I'm hoping Respawn implement new maps in the future, move away from changing up the map. The novelty of a map change wears off a lot quicker than a completely new map. What approach do you think is best?

Message 1 of 23 (669 Views)

Re: What do you prefer, new maps or map changes?

★★ Pro
@Neil_Enbob I agree with you 100%. I actually much prefer the original apex map to the one we have now, having played it for a bit. Gutted that we won't have it to play going forward.
Message 2 of 23 (656 Views)

★ Pro

Yeah definitely more maps, but they need to be conceptually and visually really different and well thought out (like it is in PubG) or we can quickly end up with 10 maps which are all half finished and still feel the same.

Message 3 of 23 (636 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

An entirely new map would be nice. Or if they can, keep changing this one and have another queue for their new map- squads for both, same ranked for both, then you can choose your map.

Message 4 of 23 (630 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide
Message 5 of 23 (616 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Neil_Enbob I like map changes instead of new map. I think apex will do both tho.
Message 6 of 23 (602 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

Add new maps and keep the originals. Add a solo or duo map!

Heart

Message 7 of 23 (586 Views)

neither, I love my bunker the way it is.

Joke lol

I don't mind both, and I need more bunker type location.

Message 8 of 23 (550 Views)

★★ Pro
@Neil_Enbob i'd rather to see them put their time on fixing the connections, finding a bomb ways to fight cheaters, taking care of bugs, focus on balance, and solving other problems that players been talking about here in this forum.
Message 9 of 23 (545 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Keep it as Changing the Map and build off of kings Canyon.

Adding new Maps will just divide the community, unless Respawn decides to put the maps on Auto Rotation.

Respawn is going for that TitanFall feel there is a lot that can be done with kings canyon. The leviathans are already buldosing the map. Aslo there is an area just behind of slums and artilery that they can expand on to make the map bigger. 

There are already bones up their near the water fall going into slums. and area like cage's seems like a indication that respawn might be expanding upwards so we can see / have more fightis in certain area's.

Personally I was already getting board of The original map. Now it feels like there's fights in other location's which there hardly wasn't before bridges and cascades got demolished. And it feel's fresh, with new building at containment and cages. 

I wonder what's in store for season 3 and season 4.

Message 10 of 23 (532 Views)