Re: What do you guys think of this possible heirloom change

by 7Xoarem

Original Post

Heirloom system change ps. called it on the boxing gloves

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I made a post recently about me pulling bloodhounds heirloom when I don't play him and I just wanted to put my two cents on the matter of heirlooms.

I think a good solution to Heirlooms would be to make your first heirloom optional between the ones available and if the heirlooms for your "main" arent available when they are available you are able to exchange a heirloom you own for it once and only once this way profit isn't lost that much and fans are happy. oh and if all heirlooms are out the first one is just optional of course you still have to spend the bread to get a heirloom in a pack I'm not saying any of this should be free.

Ps. another idea change the heirloom drop to a heirloom exchange ticket which you then get to exchange in the store for a heirloom set of your choice and make that section of the store red and flashy

Message 1 of 10 (823 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@7XoaremThere is absolutly no incentive for EA to cut you any slack when it comes too their predatory monetization and gambling. So there is not much to discuss.

Message 2 of 10 (806 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@chrisragnarExactly what slack am I asking for here? re read my post it's not about cutting me any slack at all i already got bloodhounds heirloom eventually I'll get wraiths the normal way too this is an option. honestly it would make players want to buy 500 lootboxes even more of they know they will at least guarentee their mains heirloom

Message 3 of 10 (796 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

can a mod move this to feedback pretty please

Message 4 of 10 (676 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@7Xoarem  The slack you would be being cut would be that you wouldn't have to spend a considerable amount of extra cash to get the heirloom you do want  when it's released.

It's not that people think your idea is bad per se. We're just familiar enough with EA to know that hell will freeze over before they pass up a cash cow like this.

The ticket idea is great though i'd love to see that, but again it gives players who only want one specific heirloom much less reason to spend after they receive it.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 10 (662 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@MandatoryIDtagI still think theres a considerable amount of players who don't spend money on the game because of the chance of getting a heirloom you want if they had a method like this I'm sure they would be more interested in spending the money for the loot boxes I know I would if I was new and I started playing bloodhound for example and I loved the character if I know I could get his heirloom for x amount I would and I would play more then go for another character. because at the end of the day I would be satisfied and interested in collecting more for the characters I like.

Message 6 of 10 (655 Views)

Champion

@7Xoarem  Obviously i've got no idea how long you've been playing for bud, but just incase you wasn't aware there was a heirloom focused event to introduce bloodhounds heirloom giving people a direct means to acquire it.

We're probably going to see something similar to this for future heirloom releases. It was heavily flawed though due to the sheer expense,so if respawn could even give thought to an idea at least similar to what you've stated it'd be a great compromise frankly.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 7 of 10 (640 Views)

★ Apprentice
@MandatoryIDtag yea I bought skins during that event when they put them in the market but I barely bought any iron crown loot boxes
Message 8 of 10 (635 Views)

Re: Heirloom system change ps. called it on the boxing gloves

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@7XoaremThese were my exact thoughts : )

Message 9 of 10 (493 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@MandatoryIDtag Future Collection Events and Cosmetics for their main, people will still spend money on this game
Message 10 of 10 (491 Views)