Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

What content requires a full squad/What content can be played solo?

by Scurvecc

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

What content requires a full squad/What content can be played solo?

★★ Novice

So could someone list what content ist playable solo. Until now I only know: Strongholds require a squad, Missions are solo.

But what about the FreePlay, Fort Tarsis etc, the Daily/Weekly/Monthly trials?

I've already seen guys saying that you can only go into FreePlay with a full squad and others say you don't need a squad, but you can meet other people in the huge world.

Message 1 of 14 (327 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Re: What content requires a full squad/What content can be played solo?

[ Edited ]
Champion

You can launch freeplay on your own, but you won't be able to set it to 'private', so other players will be able to join your freeplay.

Fort Tarsis will be single player.

"From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire."

[Robert Frost - Fire and Ice]

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.

View in thread

Message 2 of 14 (320 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Champion

You can launch freeplay on your own, but you won't be able to set it to 'private', so other players will be able to join your freeplay.

Fort Tarsis will be single player.

"From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire."

[Robert Frost - Fire and Ice]

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 2 of 14 (321 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

Missions the only thing you can set to private and actually be solo. Freeplay is 4 man but you technically not grouped. SH are 4 man squads. Kind of sucks in some cases specially freeplay because resources and events limited and you have 4 soloers stepping on each others feet. But atleast the lobbies set up where you auto join no waiting for full group. Hoping the group system has some improvements because overall it was kind of a pain in demo.

Message 3 of 14 (303 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

Free play and story arcs can be easily played solo. Strongholds, Legendary Contracts and Cataclysms events designed to be played in group.

Message 4 of 14 (266 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

That is the one thing i hate about Anthem is the fact you can't do freeplay in private mode....i mean strongholds and harder content, i understand, but freeplay??? why not just allow private mode.....i HATE being grouped with people without my consent to it....you know?

Its like playing World of Warcraft and from Level 1, you are instantly grouped with a full group of players with no say in the matter.....sorry, but it is a huge turn off......it should be 100% choice, unless i am doing a stronghold obviously......but freeplay, should be utterly 100% private.

Message 5 of 14 (257 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

@JamieK81 wrote:

That is the one thing i hate about Anthem is the fact you can't do freeplay in private mode....i mean strongholds and harder content, i understand, but freeplay??? why not just allow private mode.....i HATE being grouped with people without my consent to it....you know?

Its like playing World of Warcraft and from Level 1, you are instantly grouped with a full group of players with no say in the matter.....sorry, but it is a huge turn off......it should be 100% choice, unless i am doing a stronghold obviously......but freeplay, should be utterly 100% private.

Got to save that server money to please the shareholders....

Message 6 of 14 (229 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@JamieK81 wrote:

Its only three other players and just so you know YOU DONT HAVE TO BE NEAR THEM.  Its a huge map and there is no forced teleport at all, so you are free to do whatever you want without being forced to play with the other three players in freeplay. 

Message 7 of 14 (214 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

I wonder how long that will last, the very fact that you are forced into the matchmaking is a bad thing.

Message 8 of 14 (205 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide

I thought they said somewhere that the private setting for freeplay was only turned off for the demos, I could be totally wrong and hallucinating though. 

Blackouts are a nice break in the day. 

Message 9 of 14 (193 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

@ChristienW wrote:

I thought they said somewhere that the private setting for freeplay was only turned off for the demos, I could be totally wrong and hallucinating though. 

Blackouts are a nice break in the day. 

If that is true, then i am happy. :-)

Message 10 of 14 (185 Views)
Twitter Stream