What can be done against this thing on turn 4?

by AstroQuiereJugar

Original Post

Re: What can be done against this thing on turn 4?

★★ Guide
I’m with @daalnnii for the most part. I still played plants to the top but playing that card just like medulla and zoom blob just feel like lazy no skill plays which is a turn off for me.
Message 31 of 36 (612 Views)

★★ Pro
I know what you mean. I prefer to build a deck that requires some thought to play, and usually the decks that flow and make you decide what is your best move forward, are some of the more successful
Message 32 of 36 (588 Views)

Champion (Retired)
Btw on topic... Especially using rose, bouncing bean decks will * on Fossilhead decks turn 4.
Message 33 of 36 (529 Views)

★★ Apprentice

?? Anyone wanting a pack with a 100% probability of cards specific to a particular hero just needs to go into the Collection page then go to Decks, then pick that hero, then pick a deck they don't have the cards for.  It will give you the option to buy a pack for them.  Rarity and probability being what it is generally you're getting * cards that you already have, and if you are free to play then it takes forever to build up those 4xLegendary decks that the elite seem to thrive with.  But still if you are a proponent of a particular Hero you can slowly fill in the gaps you need in many cases.

Message 34 of 36 (503 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Where I stand on the nerfing vs not thing:  I'm new to the lingo and haven't researched any other forum to dissect the theories and trends of the game, but as far as I'm concerned I feel like the point of game balance is simply about tweaking the efficiency of cards to ensure that both sides have a generally even chance of winning overall.    My vote is not to nerf any particular card, but if it proves too efficient for the value, simply re-cost it.  Players will find counters to any strategy but its also possible that one side has an efficiency advantage.

I suspect the game designers like a teeter totter effect though, where one side wins for a while then a new release tilts the balance.   That forces people to scramble and buy cards in order to catch up with the new dynamic after each release.  But you do risk losing players if you tip the balance too far and players who enjoy winning suddenly lack options of the cards to compete.  

I guess too many people were playing plants and the designers wanted to gin up a cadre of zombie loyalists.  Because every tweak they made in the last news release was about improving the efficiency of zombies.   As a plants partisan I did used to have to wait a while for a match and now I have instant enemies eager to put a beating on me.  So thats... good?

Still its fair to have the debate about inefficiencies and imbalances and to identify cards that take it too far.  And you want to have an on ramp for new players who have not yet earned or bought the cards for a L33t deck.  I hate power creep in games where each new release has a chase card that you can't win without.  Seems to me like you ought to be able to build a competitive deck out of the basic set, one that if you are clever can compete, if not dominate.

I'm proud of grinding away to Ultimate league, this was a harder slog than any other time, and I know i only made it in part because some of the Rustbolt mavens got bored of relentlessly winning, since the killer combos I saw early on petered out later in my run.  Shrug. It was interesting to figure what worked.  I personally had more success with Mushroom decks than with bounce or freeze decks. But it could be because I am new to the game and am discovering things people already tried and discarded, so Im making old thing new again.  People know how to defeat them but dont bother to load up against them any more.  I dunno.

Message 35 of 36 (495 Views)

★★ Guide

The problem with allowing the zombies the tilt in their favour is that once one side has the easier win it runs out of opponents, or once you hit the UL thats it.. game over. Your then waiting, how ever many weeks, days til the reset of season or new cards. New cards make it take a while for everyone to test drive the cards, find that winning combination, or weakness of the opponent. The first week after a new season is mad with gamers, especially professional gamers that need to say yep did that, got it - move on to the next game. While your real fans of the game, who play day in day out and really learn what cards to do this or that, and who are needed to ensure the is always someone wanting to play casual, or rank rather than AI. 

Its always nice to see the older basic cards being used, better than just seeing the constant same old easy win.. which once achieved that's it game over. 

There needs to be a balance in the game. I keep thinking, there has to be something I'm missing from the plants. I know I need may more cards to be on the same level as many on the forum. However its not just the lack of legendaries in my own deck, but I think the plants need a bit more oomph in early game if the zombies cards are not going to altered. Zombies play first, then plants, and a zombie can then trick before combat begins. The first hit is a zombie. Therefore, the untrickable part should always be more towards plants favour. Why? because Zombies have so many more chances to counteract what the plant player puts down. Even if a zombie doesn't play a card, then they can trick. The plant player has to play a card that equals the zombie, or beats the zombie or go in a different lane to go face. It seems now that a plant is at the mercy of the zombie when that zombie is protected, and going viral, as well as buffed with dino roar and untrickable. 

After the initial frenzy of cards bought, things calmed for a bit. Now, more new cards have been crafted purchased, or gained its slowly getting back to non stop barrage of OP zombies. I'm slowly grinding away to gain the cards I need but feel like I'm losing the battle.

Message 36 of 36 (467 Views)