Re: What are your thoughts on the ranked scoring system?

by Anlbrd

Original Post

What are your thoughts on the ranked scoring system?

Champion

So the ranked system has been pretty controversial so far, lots of ranked rants and grumbles. I'm interested to see some constructive thoughts on the matter as i've been heavily put off the current format due to the amount of negative feedback i've seen. 

My question is, how would you Improve the current format?

Or would you change it entirely?

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 1 of 13 (485 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

Ranked levels are basically for bragging rights for ppl that feel the need to pu.ff it out!

Soooo...get rid of it cause it only attracts arrogance and cheaters

Heart

Message 2 of 13 (469 Views)

Champion

@jumanjaydazed  Basically lmao, i'd personally just play it  when i'm in a competitive mood,but it sounds pretty trash at the moment, thought i'd just try and gather a bit of intelligent feedback as opposed to the usual angry rants with no actual solution offered. Tongue out

Message 3 of 13 (461 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I think ranked is great. Whenever i play with random teammates, I can expect a certain level of skill and not just a completely new player who is clueless of the games and then you have no chance of winning unless you are a pro which I am not. With that being said there is still some teammates who gained rank with farming placement points and thereby isn't necessarily that good of a player. 

I may have posted it in a wrong topic but anyhow, heres my suggestion to make it better. 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Feedback/Points-in-ranked/m-p/8092359#M25031

Message 4 of 13 (456 Views)

★★★★ Pro

The ranked playlist is a good idea for those who want to play to win with a semi serious mentality at least. Casual can sometimes be a brainless crapshoot.

My main gripes are that players cannot drop rank. Working my way through silver, players were playing smart and playing to survive and win. Since hitting gold 4, nearly everybody seems to play like muppets because they cannot drop rank, so they play wreckless in the hope of that one good game. I can see why Respawn did this to stop people trashing their rank to play easy games in lower ranks and ruin the experience for others, but they can still do this with smurf accounts really. My suggestion, allow de ranks.

Another bug bare for me is the RP points. As brought up in various threads, RP should be spread across the team and not RP to individuals. It's a team game and should have a team kill, damage and survival score handed out to all players who didn't quit the match. Yes some players may get carried but so what. It'll balance out over time.

Message 5 of 13 (442 Views)

★★ Pro

To be honest-  the appeal of ranked to me was getting to play with other players who weren't new and who would make me work for my wins.  Pubstomping is garbage after a while unless you're someone who really gets a kick out of killing lots and lots of people who don't stand that much of a chance against you.

The biggest issue with ranked for me is that it's been set up in a way that incentivises hiding disproportionately.  I know we're playing last-man-standing but unless we're changing to hide n seek online instead of BATTLE royal - then actively promoting a style of play which prevents battles from happening for the vast majority of a 20 minute game is just pointless to me.

Message 6 of 13 (414 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@jumanjaydazedI wouldn't get rid of it tbh, mainly because medals have already been used to give people false bragging rights on how good they are, I think they should strictly do it like how PUBG does it, how long you survive for in a "Battle Royale" game which the whole premise is surviving and being the last team/player standing. You can derank if you place poorly and perform badly a lot.

Message 7 of 13 (406 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Rank needs to be based off actual performance, not how long you last in a match. Im sitting at Gold 1 and get stuck in games with other gold people that really would not surprise me if they told me theyd never played a video game before. They have no aim, no movement skills, take 3 hours to loot an area thats already looted, dont know how to play as a team, dont know how to keep up with a team, etc. Im pretty sure this is because they are there only because they hide until they are in top 10/5/3 and move up from those points. Every time I run after gun shots, I turn around and see my team mates holed up in a room, blocking doors with traps.

Allow more points for kills, more points based on damage done (points at say, 300/500/750/1200/1500.

Message 8 of 13 (395 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@MandatoryIDtagMore points need to be given for assists and kills to incentivise people to not just hide. Other that that it's great.

Edit , actually more punishment for leaving a game to stop people doing that. Also landing more than so many metres from the jumpmaster should be punished. 

Message 9 of 13 (377 Views)

Champion

I think the whole squad based performance for point allocation seems like a really good shout to be honest.

You win games by working as a team...so surely your score should be based on how well your team plays rather than how long they can hide in a building for.

I totally agree that the win out values kills, but as @Anlbrd  stated it is a BATTLE ROYALE. Any FPS with little combat isn't living up to its purpose.

Message 10 of 13 (372 Views)