What are your thoughts on Epic Weapon/Legend Skins?

by Cabowse

Original Post

What are your thoughts on Epic Weapon/Legend Skins?

Champion

I've trying to get a consensus from people on their thoughts regarding the Epic (purple) Weapon and Legend skins in Apex legend.

• Do you use them?
  • Do you prefer receiving other Epic items (Banner poses/Skydive emotes & Charms)
  • How do you feel about the metallic/glowing nature of them.
  • Given the choice between the Rare event skins and the Epic ones, which are your favourite?
  • Are they distracting?

Please discuss below!

Hey there I'm a volunteered Champion! I don't work for EA I just like to help out around the forums, keep the peace and submit ideas to the community.

Did I answer your question? Please leave some tasty XP or even mark as a solution!

Got some QOL ideas for Apex? Add them here: 

Apex Legends QOL Collection

Message 1 of 9 (357 Views)

Re: What are your thoughts on Epic Weapon/Legend Skins?

Champion

They're not great. The fact that any skin below legendary all look the same on every legend renders them pretty undesirable.

They serve one purpose, apex pack fillers to force players to pay more to get the skins they do want.

Personally I would use the common skin "midnight" over any rare or epic reward.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 9 (355 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Cabowse They look amazing but wouldn't pay anywhere near the shameful prices they charge.
Message 3 of 9 (351 Views)

★ Expert
@Cabowse "Epic" lol, not so much when I'm going with a common over most "epic" skins.
Message 4 of 9 (350 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Cabowse Sorry thought this was about Halloween ones, yeah I love legendry stuff because they different, like unique epics but not the standard ones.
Message 5 of 9 (346 Views)

★★★ Guide

Only epic I like is the epic I have on revenant on weapons though I love epics.

Message 6 of 9 (341 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@CabowseChoosing between weapon epics or legendaries, I’d go for legendaries but it’s useless really.

Only reason for legendaries is that they dont look like the normal weapons...

That said, some epics look better than legendaries, but midnight is always a good choice. 

Have you seen cosmos on the R99 tho. Been using that one ever since I got it many seasons ago

Message 7 of 9 (336 Views)

Champion
@CAGOA34 It's about every aspect of the epic skins really (event prices included!) and I think you bring up a good point about pricing, especially when you compare the epic skins to the often better looking rare skins.

Hey there I'm a volunteered Champion! I don't work for EA I just like to help out around the forums, keep the peace and submit ideas to the community.

Did I answer your question? Please leave some tasty XP or even mark as a solution!

Got some QOL ideas for Apex? Add them here: 

Apex Legends QOL Collection

Message 8 of 9 (334 Views)

Champion
@MandatoryIDtag <--- What he said.

Legendary weapon skins change the gun a lot which is why I'll always prefer them.
Message 9 of 9 (322 Views)