What are you looking to see in the newly announced DLC?

by Iron_Guard8

Original Post

Accepted Solution

What are you looking to see in the newly announced DLC?

★★★★★ Expert

So what do we all want to see? I'm curious as I've seen a lot of similar thoughts but why not talk about them some more? 

What I want to see:

-At least 1 new map (a return of an old map or a new one, preferably more than 1)

-New variants for new characters

-More customization packs (return all the old ones if possible)

-Balancing (getting it closer to baseline, the citron/engineer patch was a solid step in this direction)

-More consumables (We are seriously lacking in these, so many from GW1 missing in GW2)

-Taco Bandits returns (unlikely I know, but I loved that mode)

Note this is what I want to see, not what I expect to see but may as well bring it all up here.

Message 1 of 12 (1,426 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: What are you looking to see in the newly announced DLC?

Champion (Retired)

I’d like to see the engineer drone back.  I don’t care if the Deadbeards have them.  At least one mode or level that could support the imp helicopter.  The sunflower mask for foot soldiers. Melting walls and under map glitches fixed as well as the two invisible shield spots (seeds of time and GWN).  I’m down for some new variants just not new characters....not yet.  Boss hunt training course for new people.  I wouldn’t mind seeing some weather on levels besides a blizzard.  A reporting system for consoles that works.  More boast for support characters like hovergoat.  Better team matchmaking.  Definitely the return of older maps.  New ones would be great, but unlikely.  This is off the top of my head.  

View in thread

Message 2 of 12 (2,054 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

I’d like to see the engineer drone back.  I don’t care if the Deadbeards have them.  At least one mode or level that could support the imp helicopter.  The sunflower mask for foot soldiers. Melting walls and under map glitches fixed as well as the two invisible shield spots (seeds of time and GWN).  I’m down for some new variants just not new characters....not yet.  Boss hunt training course for new people.  I wouldn’t mind seeing some weather on levels besides a blizzard.  A reporting system for consoles that works.  More boast for support characters like hovergoat.  Better team matchmaking.  Definitely the return of older maps.  New ones would be great, but unlikely.  This is off the top of my head.  

Message 2 of 12 (2,055 Views)

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

I realise that I'm yet again not being constructive, but I would have far preferred PopCap to have concentrated on getting the game to work in terms of abilities (off the top of my head Corn's Shuck Shot which only works every 2nd or 3rd time + the soldier's hyper leap ability that has a tendency to not always work either) and to fix whatever it is that either blanks out my screen in the middle of a game or - even more irritating - throws me out of a game. Come to which I find doubly irritating firing a Shuck Shot point blank at some unfortunate Zombie, who walks away without a scratch (or at least survives it)

Gathering from BobBurger's comments a while back that it is due to dated software (hope I'm quoting him correctly)  they should fix that first and foremost. I have now got to the stage where I am becoming increasingly irritated with the game which I initially preferred to more "mature" games and as a result am losing interest in it and logically - and unfortunately -  in contributing to this forum too. 

To be frank. It's frustrating. 

Message 3 of 12 (1,406 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@dwooten77 wrote:

Engineer drones! YES! I should have posted that too. I mean they put the work in on the two drones and as an aside, the first time I heard the standard drone's sound effects I was quite literally loling, why not have the option? I know some will stick to the big bolt blaster and more variety as long as balance doesn't go out the window, is a good thing!

Also I still want savable loadouts. Let us save a certain selection of abilities and costume pieces for each character variant and let us simply pick a loadout whenever we join a game or respawn as needed. I know it's a little rougher than TF2 had it with so many characters but would be so handy.

Message 4 of 12 (1,401 Views)

★★★ Guide

Interested in modes like team health, where each team picks specific upgrades (health, damage, speed, etc.) to compete with one another with and whittle down the other's health (all characters take damage to their specific team's health).  A score battle where both teams compete to get the higher score within a time limit, character's can battle, collect orbs (or gnomes), revive each other, and more. I also really want to see more improvements to PvE in the Backyard, GnG, or GO as there are more than just a couple enemies to battle than the current set.

Sort of not a software issue as each game made by a developer uses the current engine most available at the time (Frostbite 3 in GW2's case), changing out the engine would require making a new game.  The optimization issues are adding update after update (Rux changing out, weekly challenges or portals, character patches, etc.) to a game in weekly quantities; and the lag caused with having characters run around on a server with specific SFX (legendary hats and character loadouts) on top of their character model.

Message 5 of 12 (1,388 Views)

Anonymous

Thanks info. So with that in mind, it'll be a question for me of either playing on with gritted teeth (and a set smile) in order to keep one's hand in for a possible GW3 or getting out and trying something else.  

Message 6 of 12 (1,376 Views)

★★★★ Guide

My suggestion (as of the moment) focuses mainly on boss hunts.

There needs to be mid-session hints put in place for players that are unsure what to do next. A new "Easy" difficulty must be added for those that cannot handle such heavy pressure in a very heated battle with the AI.

Item award changes with the inclusion of the new "Easy" difficulty:

Easy Difficulty: Standard and Silver versions

Normal Difficulty: Gold and Diamond versions

Hard Difficulty: Gem version

CRAZY Difficulty: Scrumptious/Infinite version

Sasquatch Boss Hunt - Slightly fewer enemies that can do fire damage against players, time earned from destroying burgers should be more rewarding (especially at the most critical point of the match), and the location of the Garden to raise should be made visible during the Hunger Pang's Inferno phase.

Spooky Squash Boss Hunt - Reduce the health of the Champion Torchwood by at least 15%, and stop Spooky Squash from venturing into the area with the two Tombstones.

Brothers Of Gnomus Boss Hunt - Reduce the overall health of the Champion Explody Gnomes by at least 15%.

Yeti King Boss Hunt - Slightly fewer enemies that can do ice damage against players, and extended duration of Spring Radiance's duration and radius, so people have more time and a larger area to get in position.

Message 7 of 12 (1,348 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'd like to see a new corn variant. 

Message 8 of 12 (1,279 Views)

★★ Guide

More maps, more character variants, more costumes, and have Rux sell exclusive items other than stuff you can unlock from Sticker Shops or Mystery Portal. Right now, Rux doesn't sell enough exclusives that I can spend all my coins on.

Message 9 of 12 (1,143 Views)

★ Guide

It would be great to be able to modify the quest board while in multiplayer/mystery portal without having to return back to backyard. 

Message 10 of 12 (1,080 Views)