Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: What are we grinding for?

by SatheA

Original Post

Champion

Players' purpose might be one of the reasons the devs haven't given in and showered us with loot.

What would be the point if we lost (one) purpose earlier?

A high increase in loot imo needs to come with an equally increased incentive to farm more loot.

That means some kind of progression, a higher number of viable builds we'd want to try, or higher difficulty in future content as OP proposed.

While I enjoy my legendaries as much as the next player, and probably am more eager to see more story and lore than the average one, the main reason for me to play Anthem is that I still enjoy playing Anthem. 

I hope I'll be able to enjoy future content just as much.

Then again, when I compare the net time I spent in-game to the time others have given, I probably don't qualify as a "grinder". 

At least I don't feel like I'm grinding (maybe with the exception of doing the same legendary mission twice in a row for a daily).

"From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire."

[Robert Frost - Fire and Ice]

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 11 of 24 (196 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

That is the one thing I don’t care for, being asked to do the same mission over again to complete a daily. That a true short grind. On the bright side you get the to memorize the cut scenes and can mimic them.

Message 12 of 24 (188 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

Maybe 719 hrs caused some degree of fatigue, just maybe. Always remember, not only do we need legendaries, we need "good" legendaries. That probably means we need to loot everything at least twice.

Message 13 of 24 (184 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I can get behind that. The quality of what you do find needs to be better when it comes to legos. I don’t mind the grind but I grew up playing games that took months of grinding to get what you want.

Message 14 of 24 (177 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@frauzet wrote:

Players' purpose might be one of the reasons the devs haven't given in and showered us with loot.

A high increase in loot imo needs to come with an equally increased incentive to farm more loot.

That means some kind of progression, a higher number of viable builds we'd want to try, or higher difficulty in future content as OP proposed.

While I enjoy my legendaries as much as the next player, and probably am more eager to see more story and lore than the average one, the main reason for me to play Anthem is that I still enjoy playing Anthem. 

Then again, when I compare the net time I spent in-game to the time others have given, I probably don't qualify as a "grinder". 

At least I don't feel like I'm grinding (maybe with the exception of doing the same legendary mission twice in a row for a daily).

And again, nobody ever made even ONE build. It is possible to make at least 2 builds for each javelin but since there is no loot rain, you are unable to make one build. And stop talking about builds with masterwork. It’s not a build when it can be overtaken by simply equipping one lego. And that would still be interesting and rewarding but no loot doesn’t make any progress.

And improvement also means (with builds) how fast am I able to finish a GM3 SH for example. Then tweaking stats and do it again. Or how long am I able to survive without dodging all around and what not.

Message 15 of 24 (169 Views)

Champion

@Quinxder wrote:

@frauzet wrote:

And again, nobody ever made even ONE build. It is possible to make at least 2 builds for each javelin but since there is no loot rain, you are unable to make one build. And stop talking about builds with masterwork. It’s not a build when it can be overtaken by simply equipping one lego. And that would still be interesting and rewarding but no loot doesn’t make any progress.

And improvement also means (with builds) how fast am I able to finish a GM3 SH for example. Then tweaking stats and do it again. Or how long am I able to survive without dodging all around and what not.

I can't stop talking about builds with masterworks since I didn't start talking about masterworks. Wink

As far as I remember you are the first one to bring it up in this thread.

I think it's safe to assume the rest of us were talking about Legendaries when we were talking about loot.

Also sorry for not being aware you were interested in doing Anthem's three (now four, but you haven't yet played the last one) Strongholds over and over again. You left me with the impression you thought them boring to begin with. My bad! 

Message 16 of 24 (162 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@frauzet wrote:

@Quinxder wrote:

@frauzet wrote:

I can't stop talking about builds with masterworks since I didn't start talking about masterworks. Wink

As far as I remember you are the first one to bring it up in this thread.

I think it's safe to assume the rest of us were talking about Legendaries when we were talking about loot.

Also sorry for not being aware you were interested in doing Anthem's three (now four, but you haven't yet played the last one) Strongholds over and over again. You left me with the impression you thought them boring to begin with. My bad! 

Possibly, but only because I heard that way to often in this forum. My bad when I mixed u up with cake or who ever said it.

They are boring compared to a good challenge, but at least I could get into the builds. The SH are then only used to verify my builds. 

Message 17 of 24 (155 Views)

Champion

@Quinxder wrote:

Possibly, but only because I heard that way to often in this forum. My bad when I mixed u up with cake or who ever said it.

They are boring compared to a good challenge, but at least I could get into the builds. The SH are then only used to verify my builds. 

Just to avoid future confusion.

In the other thread, you seemed to agree with the notion the devs should focus on changing loot drops since every other problem was neglectable in comparison.

So, do I understand that right, that you would still be playing if only you had gotten more Legendaries?

Message 18 of 24 (148 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@frauzet wrote:

@Quinxder wrote:

In the other thread, you seemed to agree with the notion the devs should focus on changing loot drops since every other problem was neglectable in comparison.

So, do I understand that right, that you would still be playing if only you had gotten more Legendaries?

Finally you got it.

Message 19 of 24 (127 Views)

Champion

@Quinxder wrote:

@frauzet wrote:

@Quinxder wrote:

Finally you got it.

Thank you for the clarification. I appreciate it.

Message 20 of 24 (125 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help