Re: What are the Battle Pass Legend Bonus mechanics?

by Biochemikas

Original Post

What are the Battle Pass Legend Bonus mechanics?

★★ Novice

To my understanding each legend gets a weekly bonus of 25,000 battle points, but I don't know if it's bugged or if the mechanics are different than I understand them.

So I have a few questions:

1. What does "weekly" mean exactly? Is there a set time that all bonuses reset every week? Or does a timer start for each legend when you play one? If there's a set time, when is it?
  2. I played Gibraltar until my bonus legend points ran dry on him (ran out of points on him a couple days ago). Since it's Sunday and seems to be a day a reset might happen, I played him for a few games today and I did in fact earn more legend bonus points on him. However, this stopped today only after about 10k bonus points. What am I missing? Why did I only get a few thousand bonus points instead of 25k?
  3. I searched before I asked this question, the top relevant result was this thread asking about a daily reset. Is there some kind of daily "legend bonus" in addition to the weekly bonus? If there is it would explain my question above but a weekly AND daily bonus doesn't seem like it would make any sense.
Message 1 of 4 (1,007 Views)

★ Guide

The reset day is Tuesday.

They are not bonus points and i think the majority of the players get confused because the word "bonus" is used. Bonus would be if they were extra points. They are just Battle Pass Points. You can gather 25000 per week per character. So if in week 1 you gatehred 25k for one character, next week the limit is 50k, but you do not start from 0 but from 25k and you gather points towards 50k.

The bonuses  (boosts) are gathered at specific levels in the pass and they are bonuses, when you play with friends or for the time that you stay alive, plus first win of the day and bonus for playing different legends. Those bonuses (boosts) stuck with any other boosts that you have unlocked in the pass.

Message 2 of 4 (975 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Well they are actually "bonus" points - they're even called that: "legend bonus" (e.g., Gibraltar bonus at end of gibraltar match). All points that don't go to account level and just count towards battle pass are "bonus".

There are 3 types of bonus points (that go only to battle pass progression, but not account level):

1) legend time xp bonus (equals time xp of the match), if the weekly limit is not exceeded for that legend

2) legend daily first kill bonus (+500, once per day for every legend)

3) play with friends bonus, if any are unlocked (time xp multiplied by % currently available)

P.S. All normal leveling xp always counts towards battle pass progression too.

Also, @Geryth you can see current status of your weekly legend bonus points in the Battlepass tab (when you click on the legend icons in the corner). Should be XX/50000 for all legends, where XX - is your already accumulated points.

I'm not sure if there's any way to check the daily kill bonus status.

Message 3 of 4 (967 Views)

★★ Novice

@Karsot  They are literally called "Legend Bonus" points, I really don't think an argument holds up to say that they aren't bonus points. The rest of your post helps.

@Biochemikas That was really useful information. I didn't know how to see that Legend Bonus progress page so that clears some things up for me, and at the very least I can confirm my Gibraltar bonus is used up right now.

So here's my thoughts on the answers to my questions then:

1. Every week on Tuesday an additional 25k Legend Bonus points get added to each legend.
  2. There's either a bug or I'm just crazy or dumb, as in I saw some of the other bonuses like daily kill bonus and confused it for Legend Bonus. I really felt like I was getting full Legend Bonus for a few games but I don't have any proof so I might be wrong. I saw some reports on people having weird issues getting the additional 25k points on the second week to apply so a bug is also possible I guess.
  3. You both answered my question here - there are daily bonuses like the daily First Kill bonus. And as @Karsot pointed out the battle pass itself awards other bonuses, like at level 12 we earn a +2.5% survival time bonus for ever party member in the squad (RIP non-social solo players like me).
Message 4 of 4 (923 Views)