Re: What apex legends needs to stay alive- add your ideas here!

by JolT_Fonz_TTV42

Original Post

What apex legends needs to stay alive- add your ideas here!

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Apex legends needs a lot done for it to stay a legitimate competitor to other video games- and as much as I love this game, it needs a lot of changes.

Let me just start this off by saying this isn't a rant or anything about how apex is bad- but rather what I've gathered for myself over my 325+ hours of gameplay and a month getting on and browsing the forums.

1. Give max levels a reason to keep playing the game. After people stop getting apex packs there isn't much reason to play the game-  yes, it's super fun, but something needs to happen to keep people on the grind. After the battlepass clearly has been stated as pretty much a failure, i think apex needs to start with challenges. Yes, fortnite does it and no, I don't like fortnite and it might be similar their system BUT the challenge idea was really cool and if implemented right it could be a fun way for people to get more apex packs. Maybe you can have an easy challenge for one apex pack, a medium one for two, and a quite difficult one for 3 and they would be replaced every couple/few days

2. Fix the servers and improve anti-cheat. Nobody likes a hacker messing up their game, nor having to moonwalk around like an idiot just to get anywhere- lots of stuff needs to be fixed with the servers. also whatever happened with hit registration when season one came out needs to get reversed soon.

3. Fix/improve some existing legends. There are a lot of legend fixes that i think should happen, for instance damage reduction in Gibraltar and Caustic. Anyone with half decent aim can kill these players very easily just due to how massive they are. If you gave them even 5-10% damage reduction it would help the legends survival abilities a lot and I think they would be a lot more commonly played.

And make sure to give the Mirage mains what they want- legitimate passive and ultimate abilities

4. Remove the spectator eye. The spectator eye is just a warning for hackers to turn their cheats off honestly- no one really pays attention to it anyways

5. Drop new stuff every once in a while AND tease it sometimes. Trust me, i like a surprise just as much as the next guy- but just because the game got huge because the devs made it a secret doesn't mean everything is gonna happen that way. Now that the games excitement has died down content has to go up- and making some super awesome teasers for the next thing you're gonna launch is a great way to bring suspense and let everyone know that something is cool coming for them to look forward to.

6. New game modes. Yes, this is a team based game- and honestly I couldn't care less if they add solos or not, but a lot of people REALLY want it. I've seen so many people on the forums straight quitting because of lack of game modes and being paired up with low level randoms. In order to keep the playerbase SOLOS, duos and 4 man squads need to be added. It would also be super cool if they added some weekly game modes or something though! I've seen some 30v30 ideas and some solo-respawning enemies that you kill ideas which seem like super fun temporary game modes as well!

7. New Maps. This goes along with new content like game mode & legends as well. I know a lot of people are getting bored of good ol Kings Canyon- just one more map that you could switch between would be a great addition!

8. THE STORE. In my opinion the store in apex is incredibly lackluster- with overpriced legendaries and a week to cycle through each thing there's hardly ever any new content in it and I only know a couple people who have directly bought from it. I think the store should rotate everything every 2-3 days instead with a few more things inside of it-- and maybe there should should be some more things for sale for legend points in the item shop too! I have 80,000 that i can't do a thing with at the moment and it would be great to be able to use some of them!

Personal notes- One thing i really wanted to add that I really disagree with in the forums is adding a ranked mode- It's a free to play game so there's nothing stopping people from making multiple accounts and deciding to make a new one just to be a smurf so they feel better about themselves for getting a bunch of kills against new/bad players. There's always gonna be that one guy that just wants to be a bully :/

Let me know anything you'd like to get added and tell me your feedback below!

Message 1 of 25 (678 Views)

★★ Apprentice

You have put a lot of effort into this post SteampunkKills I do agree with your comments +XP 1

Message 2 of 25 (637 Views)

★★ Guide

I agree with all your points especially 6 and 7

The game badly needs new modes preferably solo but at least something

And new maps would be great it would help the game from getting too stale on the same map every game

Message 3 of 25 (626 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
You're asking for so much and the game just came out. The fact that you have over 300 hours is absurd. Of course, your going to want new things for the game. TAKE A BREAK FROM APEX. New things will come. Go outside sometimes or play a new game. Anyone who plays the same game in an absurd amount of time is bound to get bored. The game just came out chill out! You people have to realize, it hasn't even been 2 months since the game came out.
Message 4 of 25 (619 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

"After people stop getting apex packs there isn't much reason to play the game"

Really? This is what gamers' community have become? God help us all...
BTW the most important thing would be skill based matchmaking.

Message 5 of 25 (609 Views)

★ Guide

Look guys, cool you don’t like how much time I spend in the game- one of my biggest goals in life is to become a successful streamer and if that means grind the game then sure, sounds good. I don’t really care what you guys think, also  I’m not asking too much of the game, in fact I’m not asking ANYTHING of it. I’m simply compiling the requests I’ve seen in the forums Standard smile

Message 6 of 25 (594 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

And the apex pack thing is just something I’ve seen a lot of complaints about, I’m trying to give everyone an opinion

Message 7 of 25 (593 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I'm content with where the games features currently are. What I'm not so content with is the games lack of variety. I'm not playing this the same way I would play esport games. I enjoyed a larger variety of games BEFORE the industry collectively tried to keep their customers with cosmetics, because they are secondary to the actual game part of the game. So the short version is that I want more variety in gameplay options. I'll break down what I want into two separate categories:

Game Changers: (Things that directly influence the core 3 man squad game mode)

These are the obvious ones. More maps, more characters, more guns. Probably in that order.

Game Additions: (Inclusions that have no influence over the core mode)

-New queues that exist solely for a certain category of new weapons (As an example 'explosives only'; Rocket launchers, grenade launchers, landmines etc)

-Some kind of skill-based matchmaking. If it was based on a level bracket instead I would probably settle for that too.

-2-man queues, 5-man queues and of course 1-man queues.

-Community servers, paired with mod support. It's a Source game for crying out loud.

-Further customisation of said community servers. Ability to alter global health, global speed, cooldowns, loot generosity, starting equipment, round times, you name it. Like Unreal Tournaments mutators.

Message 8 of 25 (563 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@JolT_Fonz_TTV42 

Good luck buddy with the streaming and with that well thought out post you should have dropped a link to your stream you missed a good chance to get your name out there

unless I just missed it

Message 9 of 25 (553 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@neillkorey wrote:

@JolT_Fonz_TTV42 

Good luck buddy with the streaming and with that well thought out post you should have dropped a link to your stream you missed a good chance to get your name out there

unless I just missed it

You didn’t miss it- I’m just piggybacking off my friends stream at the moment until I get everything figured out with creating mine. This is my first fps game really since mw3 so it’s taking me a while to get used to it and I just recently changed sensitivity and FoV pretty majorly so I’m still experimenting😊 I think mine will start in 2-3 weeks prolly

Message 10 of 25 (545 Views)