What alignment do you have in game and real life. :-)

by DarkBanishing

Original Post

Highlighted

What alignment do you have in game and real life. :-)

Well? Are you a "do goody do good" paladin or a maniacal goblin or something in between when playing D&D based games (or other games where alignment is important)?

This question we all ask ourselves when starting that kind of games.
For me, it takes quiet a while because I love role playing and don't take such an important choice lightly Wink.

In game, I can be anything from neutral evil to lawful good (neutral good and true neutral are my favourites though). I don't like playing chaotic because of my mathematical background (oh yes, I'm that kind of nerd Nerd)

In real life I try to be neutral good (although in lesser days I could be true neutral or even lawful neutral).

Now, it's your turn to decide. I'm adding this chart below to help you decide. We're very curious what your choices will be.Wondering

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor alignment chart

Message 1 of 32 (1,497 Views)

Re: What alignment do you have in game and real life. :-)

Chaotic Neutral - i like unpredictable, keeps things interesting. To be bored is the biggest crime for me and that is so nice seeing people so confused and unable to predict your next move/reaction. I act on feelings and instincts, though there is a reason there (i swear there is, i just can't seem to find its nameWink).

So, i am not a reasonable man, nor someone easy to deal with. I love my freedom, which means that i will react strongly when i feel that my freedom is threatened. I like chaos.

A lot of things are born from the chaos. Plus, the balance needs to be maintained for a variety of reasons. You can't recognize good without evil, happiness without sadness and so on. It would destroy the very fabric of the chaos. 

Here is another definition for alignments:

http://easydamus.com/alignment.html

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 2 of 32 (1,490 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@ivrognard @DarkBanishing

Ivro is our very own wild card.. Large smile

I actually used that website you linked quite a lot to read up on the alignments. Gives an interesting and in-depth explanation.

And @DarkBanishing, LOL at your comment for not wanting to be Chaotic due to your mathematical background. Are you as tidy as Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory? ;p

For myself, if I had to choose an alignment then I would definitely say that I'm Chaotic Good. This is usually also what I play in-game. I like the concept of good, but I have a huge dislike for rules and regulations.

However, I'm also deeply intrigued by the True Neutral alignment. It seems like a very carefree way of living. Imagine letting go of all that stress!

Message 3 of 32 (1,470 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Straatford87 @DarkBanishing @ivrognard

Well, in the 4th edition of the forgotten realms the rules where somewhat simplified. (That change was revoked with the 5th edition.)

There was only lawful good and good in that edition, and I would say that I try to be the "Good" guy here. [link]

Angel

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 4 of 32 (1,460 Views)

Hero (Retired)

In games, I've noticed a switch in recent years. While in the past I was a boring case of Lawful Good, recently I've started shifting way more towards Chaotic Good/Neutral (depending on game and companions). In life... I have both Lawful and Chaotic Neutral moments.

---------------------------------------------------------------
If you think that someone's post helped you, feel free to press the 'Grant XP' button. If someone's instructions helped you solve your problem, please press 'Accept as Solution', so that other people with the same problem can easily find the solution in the future.

I am a volunteer moderator and I don't work for EA. All opinions expressed are my own.
Message 5 of 32 (1,446 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Straatford87 wrote:

And @DarkBanishing, LOL at your comment for not wanting to be Chaotic due to your mathematical background. Are you as tidy as Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory? ;p

No, @Straatford87, not as tidy as Sheldon. Tongue out

I am always busy with strategy and calculations, so being chaotic would cause too much stress for me. Being lawful is more appealing to me, but I too have a chaotic streak: I just can't stand injustice, even if it's "THE LAW". So, I always go with the only right path (for me that is), the middle path. Wink

So yes, I choose to be chaotic and lawful, I choose to be good, but I must admit I can sometimes be  a very naughty boy too. So true neutral and neutral good are my natural preferences for alignment. I want people to know they can rely on me without being a zealot. Standard smile

PS: You can see this in my signature. I am a gray jedi until the day I die. Wink

Long live balance! :eahigh_file:

Message 6 of 32 (1,438 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@DarkBanishing "Chaotic Good" here too ^^ and I like it!

Message 7 of 32 (1,431 Views)

[ Edited ]

@A7LAS_X1, @Straatford87, @ivrognard

Hahaha, I asked my friends after their alignments too and 75% says chaotic good. But they all obey their bosses and all pay their taxes, so are you all as chaotic as you believe you are in real life? Wink

Don't answer the question because I know what the answer will be. Tongue outLarge smile

Lol, this is my lawful neutral side you're experiencing now. Angel

Message 8 of 32 (1,415 Views)

EA DICE Team

@holger1405 @DarkBanishing @A7LAS_X1 @spitfiresiemion @ivrognard

So much good in here.. :-)

I expected mostly good and neutral alignments though. I just can't imagine someone would come in here and claim that they are chaotic evil... but we shall see! I love getting surprised.. Party hat 

@DarkBanishing

Haha - I'm the other way around. Calculations itself would cause too much stress for me.. ;-) I'm not really a math person.

@DarkBanishing @Future3X @ivrognard

I guess there would be no incentive for either me or your friends to tell you if we did break any laws. Chaotic good for life! :P

Message 9 of 32 (1,404 Views)

@DarkBanishing there are always sparks between me and my bosses. It usually ends up with them agreeing that i was right. Lots of sparks, dangerous for the bystanders that come between our "discussion". As for taxes...let's say that i am not the one paying them. The accounting department takes care of those, too. A wee bit different the system around here.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 10 of 32 (1,394 Views)