Re: What I want in the next patch/DLC

by PretzleMe

Original Post

★★ Pro

@Rand207 wrote:

@PandaTar wrote:

@Rand207 wrote:

4-having my companions walk around with me on the Nexus so that they will jump into conversations, comment on different things, or the 3 of us just stop to talk when we see something interesting.  Right now it's just kind of lonely.

Bad, Ryder. You want them to spend their shore-leave with your interests, do you, mister loneliness? ^_^

Haha!  Maybe I'm a bit selfish that way, but I guess I'm missing the ME1 days (not the elevator rides).  I can see your point though; traveling around on that small ship and then getting a chance for a few hours of shore leave, maybe my companions want to go do their own thing.

If they did a bit more than just say Hi 99% of the time when you bump into them there it might be a bit more interesting. A little bit more nexus banter from them when you do see them would be nice. Jaal probs has the most of them all, the others pretty much have a chat to you the first timemthen just say Hi for the rest of the game.

Message 21 of 74 (1,184 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Quick save

Screenshots - To take them right now, you either need to use a console command in which the console is in the screenshot or you need a Nvidia card that allows a program to be used but that program can't be used during scenes or dialogue.  This is the first game where I couldn't just hit "print screen" to get the job done.  It angers me and makes me want to punch babies.

Someone said to allow us to equip our squadmates but I disagree with this from a roleplay and lazy perspective.  I don't dress my friends.  They're grown, like my squadmates.  I prefer they be responsible for themselves in that way... but I wouldn't be opposed to this feature being added long as I am not forced to do it or punished for not doing it.

More casual outfits -  Namely Liam and Cora's.  Also, there's an outfit I only saw at the end of the game that looked like my armor just with all the armor bits stripped away.  I'd like that as an option as a casual outfit.

Pre-defined colors in addition to the option to access the color wheel and or... if no pre-defined colors, the ability to store 4 custom colors.  Makes it easier to match things.

Continuous dialogue - There are times when you have nothing new to say (which can be odd at times given what the character you approached just said) but the NPC will have new greeting lines based on what you have done.  The problem is, they're greeting lines only so in order to hear all of them, you have to keep initiating conversation and then leaving, then initiating again, and then leaving, until they stop saying something different.

It's bad enough that they often say something that the normal person would have a response for/to, but to have to keep going in and out of a conversation is ridiculous.  It wouldn't be a great solution in terms of immersion, but I'd settle for a dialogue option that asks, "What are your thoughts on things at the moment?" and you can keep hitting that until it turns dull gray..

New Dialogue Indicator - I want a way to know whether someone has something new to say or not just by looking at them (or even looking on the map) because I hate doing missions I think are important or that t would make sense that my crew would want to say something about it, only to discover they've got nothing after striking up a conversation. 

I'd like a way to be able to know without having to start a conversation that they have no new dialogue and no new dialogue paths so there's no sense in trying to speak with them at that time.

Message 22 of 74 (1,172 Views)

★★★ Guide

Fix multiplayer - fix everything in multiplayer

Message 23 of 74 (1,167 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Let SAM take control of Zap. He needs a corporeal body of some kind. I know I know...EDI is Milky Way stuff but Zap follows me everywhere as it is but has no actual mind. She's just popping and crackling over my shoulder while I talk to others.

I seriously want to see the Quarian Ark and I want it to have taken off very very late. After the fall of the Reapers. I want them to show up with news of the war and I want my trilogy play to matter. Hell,I'd like to see a 60 year old grumpy a$$ Admiral Shepard on one of the Arks. If he survived your trilogy. Maybe even EDI and a Geth that both stayed awake for the entire 600 year trip and are now full of stories about crossing dark space.

I want Jaal to die or take that job offer.

I want a Quarian on my team. Let me choose between a male or female.

I want Ryder to gain some confidence. Own his Pathfinder title.

Message 24 of 74 (1,161 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

You mentioning Zap reminded me of some Zap desires.  That sounded dirtier than I intended, but I stand behind it dammit.  Wow, that also... just, I'll shut up now, lol.

Anyway,

Zap Based Dialogue - Especially from Peebee.  After she gives this to you, aside from a cutscene or two it's like she doesn't even care whether you use it or not.  Why doesn't she have dialogue based on whether you're using zap or not, upgrading zap or not.  Etc, etc.  Especially when you're in the field and Peebee is a squad member.  Realistically, you would think others would react to Zap as well granted it is a remnant.

Zap Independent Power - Zap should have been handled in a unique way from most powers.  You shouldn't have needed a power slot to call it.  To upgrade it should have required speaking to Peebee (possibly some side quests) rather than spending skill points.  Zap was an opportunity to do something different and interesting there and instead it's just another power.

The Zap Method - As someone else pointed out, when it came to some quests, there should have been more than one way to complete them.  Imagine, if Zap is upgraded enough, being able to use it instead of having to get another remnant to open doors or whatever.

Message 25 of 74 (1,152 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@PretzleMe wrote:

You mentioning Zap reminded me of some Zap desires.  That sounded dirtier than I intended, but I stand behind it dammit.  Wow, that also... just, I'll shut up now, lol.

Anyway,

Zap Based Dialogue - Especially from Peebee.  After she gives this to you, aside from a cutscene or two it's like she doesn't even care whether you use it or not.  Why doesn't she have dialogue based on whether you're using zap or not, upgrading zap or not.  Etc, etc.  Especially when you're in the field and Peebee is a squad member.  Realistically, you would think others would react to Zap as well granted it is a remnant.

Zap Independent Power - Zap should have been handled in a unique way from most powers.  You shouldn't have needed a power slot to call it.  To upgrade it should have required speaking to Peebee (possibly some side quests) rather than spending skill points.  Zap was an opportunity to do something different and interesting there and instead it's just another power.

The Zap Method - As someone else pointed out, when it came to some quests, there should have been more than one way to complete them.  Imagine, if Zap is upgraded enough, being able to use it instead of having to get another remnant to open doors or whatever.

Does Zap follow you around?

I mean everywhere?

Sometimes,she follows me around the Tempest and even the Nexus.

Message 26 of 74 (1,145 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

In non combat worlds, no.  But if you have Zap out and it doesn't die, it will be there when you transition from combat zones to non-combat zones. 

Not that anything I stated was referring to non combat worlds.  I was just stating how, if you're a frequent user of Zap, it will often be there while you're speaking to people.  And on ship, Peebee should notice whether or not you've been using Zap in general whether Zap is out or not.

Message 27 of 74 (1,139 Views)

★★★★ Novice

A better mining system, I mean, seriously?

I wonder how many seconds were spend planing the current mining system.

Run around while riding the nomad trying to find on trial and error a spot with resources?

Or, in some cases, trial, trial, trial, trial, trial and failure.

How can a war frigate ( Normandy ) have better equipment do survey of minerals than a ship specifically designed to be a exploration vessel of a new galaxy where the ability to find and gather resources would not be just important, but crucial to the survival of the entire initiative, remember, over a year in the galaxy and the Nexus was so desperate for resources that they had the lights off, THE @!#$@!#$ LIGHTS OFF.

The entire mining system should be revamped, expanded, make it meaningful to the game!

First, the way to search for minerals, instead of running around on the Nomad, you should be able to take control of the mining drone, like in a mini-game, where the nomad Launches the drone, then you fly it on low altitude to map the region looking for minerals, and after mapping, you place the drills that provide a STEADY SUPPLY OF MINERALS.

Remember, this is not a war mission, this is a colonization mission, instead of gathering minerals for yourself, you should be gathering minerals for the entire initiative as part of the job as pathfinder.

The whole idea of the game is to build a new home, so having to find sustainable sources of minerals for each kind of mineral should definitively be part of it in some way

Further on, you should be able to choose how to spend the minerals not only on your workshop, but also on the outposts and the Nexus, like assigning it improve the structures on your settlement or to finish building the Nexus, or even allocate it to build and improve a shipyard so you can build shuttles and transports to help your settlements, I mean, with the amount of downed shuttles that you find in the game, I wonder how many of the ones brought to Andromeda are left...

Instead, we end up driving a over-hyped defenseless buggy hopping to literally stumble on the minerals you need...

Message 28 of 74 (1,133 Views)

★ Guide

I really like this idea of the Quarian Ark arriving after the fall of the Reapers at the end of ME3, bringing news of your personal  end game, whatever the result, and give some final closure to the first ME Trilogy.  To achieve that personal ending that you had, we could go through something similar to the Tapestry in Dragon Age Keep, where you set your world state of previous games allowing the info you receive to be directly related to what you went through.

I think this would give everyone who's been through the original Trilogy some final closure, then MEA can move on to new worlds/aliens/conflicts.

Message 29 of 74 (1,128 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

1. Fix the mapping system where if Quest has multiple targets, you can highlight one so it looks different from the rest. To make it easier to get around in the World.

2. Option to turn off the glyph puzzles, at least on play-through Plus.  They just become really old, and waste way to much time.

3. Red letter Quests that are not doable until something happens or latter in the game, ( I have wasted so much time on quests that were given, but I could not do until some event, or timed action had happened. )

4. On the plus, I do really like the fact that this Character can play the field in the romance area, I wish, or hope that you will expand on this, and remove some of the limitations.

5. Make and easy way to touch up you characters face, during game play. No matter how hard I work on my characters face, I get in the game, and soon realize I should have lowered the eye's, made the nose a little bigger or smaller, or some thing.  It is really immersion breaking to have and UGLY character. 

6.  About the UGLY NPC, Please quite trying to make the characters so darn UGLY. I don't want that, I can see that at wal-Marts, or by going to Yoga Class, or some back alley Drinking place. I want fantasy, beautiful maiden's, and handsome men.  I understand the Aliens, but even they can have nice clean, or graceful body, and face style, that it not to offensive to the eye. 

Message 30 of 74 (1,121 Views)