The current hacking situation

by Renegade_Prime86

Original Post

Re: CONGRATULATIONS HACKERS!!

★★★★★ Expert
@ColdHours Wow it’s been a while...

My thinking is that the people who did this knew exactly what they were doing. They knew that this stunt would make ppl hate the message, intent, people behind it and EA and respawn for ‘allowing it to happen’. Their goal however was not to save titanfall as everyone seems to think.

Think about it. If such an attempt would be done to anything to raise awareness, it’s almost never to save something that’s in the message. It’s psychological thriller 101. Hackers raise negative awareness for titanfall... what will happen; EA putting new titanfall on hold and allocating resources into making Apex better.

I just blew your mind didn’t I! Just think about it. Even if EA announces TF next year, ppl will mostly still remember this incident and dislike the heck out of it meaning the third ‘bad strike’ for a franchise that should be up there with the greats!
Message 171 of 195 (431 Views)

Re: Were the servers attacked?

★★★★★ Expert
@MrCarri-X & @hayhor well you can’t be sure about that. Companies have to tell when there’s a breach in security and notify when it involves personal info. Very rarely do companies actually admit it tho. They admit the breach but shy away from the personal info part.

There’ve been a number of cases even I know about where breaches happen and speculation went rampant about personal info being compromised and company obviously denying those claims. Upon investigation of a cyber security company/team it was proven that personal info was compromised in some cases and what did the company that got attacked do... issue an apology for lying usually saying “at the time we said the former we were still conducting our own investigation” or “our investigation did not show a breach of personal records” or something along those lines.

So I’d say wait until an external company does an investigation if they’ll let ‘em. But most always I’m skeptical anyways.

But yea, spreading misinformation and discontent is bad :P just be wary what to believe
Message 172 of 195 (408 Views)

Re: WTF, servers cracked ?

★★★★ Guide
@AriusTF Was wondering about the same. Happily, I didn't connect during this event.
Message 173 of 195 (410 Views)

Re: Game Hacked

★★★★★ Expert
@Widowmaker1074 The fact that they did this during a collection event 😂😂😂.
Message 174 of 195 (404 Views)

Community Manager

We’ve confirmed that matchmaking has been restored. We’re keeping an eye on things but believe the issue to be resolved. Thanks for your patience, Legends.

https://twitter.com/Respawn/status/1411871551213944837

barry.png
Message 175 of 195 (1,620 Views)

The current hacking situation

★★★★★ Guide

Let's admit a few facts

Respawn is extremely good at story telling, game design and game mechanics, they are able to create games what literally gets you hooked.

There is 2 major problems.

1 They have no clue how to maintain a game, all seen in TF1, TF2 and Apex, but I do give that I don't know how much control do they have over Apex because of EA

2. Is the security issue, with all respect and hats off towards Hideouts who dedicated a large amount of energy to ban cheaters, one man is not enough to stop everything, and again with all respect it is really funny that their only solution was to hire one man

Yes, I know that there is no easy way to stop hacker, but some type of basic fundamentals of an anti-cheat system or security plan should have been made to at least reduce the chances of the server hacks and take it more seriously towards fixing the issues

What happened now in my books is serious, and I lost that minimal trust what I had towards this company.

And for those who are praying to be fixed, okay, but what's next? Because if these hacker went this far, they will go further

I just really feel sorry for those people who invested money in this game, like seriously I do, because Respawn took the money, and we are not talking about small amounts, and in reward they cant even provide a balanced game with at least minimal security

Message 176 of 195 (418 Views)

Re: The current hacking situation

★★★ Pro
@Renegade_Prime86 In regards to Hideouts they do a great job to ban cheaters who are using aimbots and smaller hacks like that but when it comes to the people who hacked into the game yesterday they stand no chance.

I remember years ago now when Sony had PSN Hacked, these are big fish and it is a serious issue if people are already getting into Apex.

(https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-04-26-sony-admitted-the-great-psn-hack-five-years-ago-today)
Message 177 of 195 (402 Views)

Permanently banned because someone broke into my account and cheated

★★ Newbie

Funny how my account got permanently banned because it got hacked into and EA says its my fault that I can't protect it, yet last night their Apex servers got hacked and everything got replaced with savetitanfall.com

Message 178 of 195 (386 Views)

★★★ Guide

im very happy to this Standard smile ... im banned for use cheat but is not true this situation get me very very funny......my k/d is 0.8 but ban me for cheating this ridicolouse company....

Message 179 of 195 (384 Views)

Re: The current hacking situation

Champion
@rockyboy1998 Didn't XBL get hacked as well? I'm not sure it was to the same extent but yeah.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 180 of 195 (381 Views)