Went about expected

by XxColdFangxX

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Went about expected

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

So I've been avoiding playing apex for about a season or 2 now. They added a new map I've been wanting to see.

Finally got into a few matches with one of my friends and they went like I thought they would. 

Being rusty from not playing, even after a bit of warm up in the firing range, my ads and look speeds felt amped af. 

My aim was that of a rotten potatoe. Couldn't hit jack squat close or far range.

And to top it all off the matches were so unevenly matched when it came to my opponents. (It probably didn't help that the friend I was playing with was much higher level, but even with out the matches were awfully paired.) 

Had I not been playing with a friend the experience as a whole would have just been down right frustrating.

Honestly even if I hadn't been rusty the experience would have more than likely been worse due to how most random teammate act in this game.

I've been hearing how they're going to do something about the MM and I really hope it works out for the best. 

As the title, it went about how I expected it to. As for the new map..it was way too small. 

Third party paradise. While the map looked nice, it just reminded me of world's edge without the lava and ice.

Message 1 of 18 (1,151 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Went about expected

Champion
@XxColdFangxX I think what you describe is actually Apex biggest issue. It's a hard game to come into casually. By casually I mean not playing more than once every week or two. The movement, recoil, ttk and abilities create a pretty large skill ceiling relative to games it competes with. And if doing it in a premade, it is even harder.

View in thread

Message 2 of 18 (1,118 Views)

All Replies

Champion
@XxColdFangxX I think what you describe is actually Apex biggest issue. It's a hard game to come into casually. By casually I mean not playing more than once every week or two. The movement, recoil, ttk and abilities create a pretty large skill ceiling relative to games it competes with. And if doing it in a premade, it is even harder.
Message 2 of 18 (1,119 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@XxColdFangxX You’re a premade squad so you’re against other premades.
Message 3 of 18 (1,110 Views)

★ Pro
@Cheese9Man So do they always put pre-mades in pre-made lobbies? I honestly find that hard to believe, but only because I find it hard to think the devs would put the time in to implement that.
What if one of your team mates was random? How does that qualify as pre made when it's not an entire team?
Message 4 of 18 (1,067 Views)

Champion
@XxColdFangxX They definately try to put premades together. I've played thousands of games as a solo, duo premade in trios and a trio premade. Premade lobbies are significantly harder than my solo lobbies. If a trio premade it's the hardest but duo premade is brutal too. Especially since the game likes to dump very new randoms with a duo premade.
Message 5 of 18 (1,012 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Cheese9ManDo they do that with duos too? I was killed by a Master yesterday but I'm currently in silver 😅! I was playing with a duo as a random.

Message 6 of 18 (991 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Lord_Scorpion34 @XxColdFangxX  Yes. They put all the pre-mades that’s queueing in one lobby then add solos if they didn’t fill up to 60 players. Same with duos being put into these lobbies.

We always see that one premade squad (all have the same club tag) that’s level 200-300 and obviously they’re stomped immediately. 

Message 7 of 18 (964 Views)

@XxColdFangxX This is absolutely a thing. I play pretty regularly with two guys who are not good players (I myself am mid at best). We get destroyed on the regular together. I kept detailed notes last season and my KDR solo Q was over FOUR times higher than my KDR trio queued with these guys. I literally have to solo Q in order to keep my stats from the gutter from group matchmaking.
Message 8 of 18 (943 Views)

★ Pro
@pandareno1999 @hayhor
I honestly don't see why they do this. Communication might be a bit better between an actual team but that doesn't mean we are any good at the game.
Message 9 of 18 (929 Views)

Case in point:  I bled a bunch of stats playing with those friends on the weekend.  I played ranked (queuing as a duo in ranked doesn't seem to be as punishing as in pubs) this morning with my other buddy and we did OK, I clawed back some KDR that I lost on the weekend.  Then hoping to finish off my dailies before going out of town, I just now solo queued for one game (needing merely to deal 175 dmg to finish off 3000 dmg for the daily challenge).  I won that game as kill leader and my stats are now higher than before the weekend.  Group matchmaking is rough, and it's even rougher if there isn't a high skilled player on the team to carry.

Message 10 of 18 (922 Views)