Re: Welcome everybody to the new forums tell us about yourself

by ArchAngeL-PCX

Original Post

EA DICE Team
Hello there and Welcome everyone! Standard smile

I was mostly lurking in the old SWBF2 forums and jumping in on some memes. Spend most of the time on this forum.

/Atic
Message 31 of 114 (2,510 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hi I've been on AHQ since 2016 and the Battlefront forums since either 2017 or 2018. I went by the name Jenga_Fett1 but I don't know how to change my username.

Message 32 of 114 (2,487 Views)

★★★ Guide

Hi old forum users, im from there too. I prob wont be here much if anyone cares

Message 33 of 114 (2,444 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hey everybody, I was c7susb9 on the old forum.  I'm a mom, wife, teacher, professional French horn player.  Favorite Star Wars film is Empire Strikes Back.... I've been a SW fan since I was about 3 years old.  Happy to see you all over here!

Message 34 of 114 (2,420 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@C-townladiesman Sure, but there was an equal chance you wouldn't be right? And guessing the ending of a movie before it happens doesn't make it bad.

From the 1970s to the early 2000s...? That includes the prequel era, movies that faced heavy fan backlash, including the harassment of cast members like the ST, accusations of breaking the lore/retroactively making the OT worse. It was, by no means, a reputable time for the franchise - it was similar to what happened to the sequel trilogy, maybe worse. I think its great you enjoy the movies (I do too, that's something about me - I love all of Star Wars in its own way) but it wasn't a good time for the reputation of the series. In my personal experience, it's only been after the release of The Clone Wars TV show that the prequels have started to be appreciated by the majority and viewed nostalgically. Nostalgia can definitely smooth over some of the rough edges and the various problems in a way that the ST, being new, can't manage yet.

One thing is eternal (except for the Sith, ofc), Star Wars fans suck :P

I say that as a Star Wars fan.

This feels self-deprecating.
Message 35 of 114 (2,398 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@AhsokaTaco Hey! It's good to see you Standard smile
Message 36 of 114 (2,396 Views)

★ Guide
@GeneralXIV If anything the TV show has made star wars less mature resulting in a worse kind of fan base which has negatively impacted the battlefront 2 community.
Message 37 of 114 (2,388 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@C-townladiesman Hm. I can actually agree with that, I think Standard smile I watch and enjoy the show, but I think it has negatively impacted the Battlefront 2 community also. But I also think the prequel era kinda kinda took over the game too. Maybe an unpopular opinion idk.
Message 38 of 114 (2,380 Views)

★ Guide
@GeneralXIV Yes exactly! For example, did we really need commando droids? The droideka would have been a perfectly fine infiltrator. To balance the light side wookies would only be playable on kashyyyk and in OT.
Message 39 of 114 (2,375 Views)

★ Expert

On the subject of PT vs ST, fans got toxic during the PT but for different reasons.  PT was facing the high expectations of the OT.  Still, most fans agreed there was a good story with a lot of cool stuff, but the execution could have been better.  George Lucas was in control, so there was at least a consistent overall vision.  Also, Revenge of the Sith is generally regarded as a very good end to the trilogy and a good Star Wars movie overall.  So the PT ended on a high note, and yes Clone Wars TV show absolutely enhanced fan's view of the PT.

With ST, Disney decided not to take Lucas' advice on where he envisioned Ep 7-9 would go, opting instead for what amounts as a soft reboot.  While TFA is generally regarded as entertaining, JJ left lol.  It's clear there was no real plan for the entire trilogy for someone to pick up and follow.  So Rian Johnson does his take, the original Ep 9 director quits over disagreements in story, and JJ is brought back and basically tries to undo Ep 8 while stuffing 2 movies into 1.  Meanwhile, nothing is really moved forward.  Unlike the PT which had a lot of cool lore elements like the Clone Wars, Jedi Order, Galactic Republic, etc., there is nothing for fans to latch onto with the ST.  With Rise of Skywalker, the trilogy doesn't end on the high note of Revenge of the Sith.

There's talk of Lucas, Filoni, and Favreau putting together a series for Disney+ that will continue after Rise of Skywalker and hopefully serve to give a shot in the arm to the ST like Clone Wars did PT.  It will follow Rey as she rebuilds the Jedi Order as well as Finn and Poe.  That's a rumor I'm hearing anyway.

Message 40 of 114 (2,339 Views)