Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Welcome! Introduce yourself

by EA_Tom

Original Post

Dot.: Welcome! Introduce yourself

@EA_Tom

@EA_Tom wrote:
We've been working on updating our backing up and restoring your origin games article on EA Help - the current version is still referring to how it was done on the old client.

I will send you a reminder when the update is ready Standard smile

Does that mean that there is a real difference? For example that the new client recognises the games on the HDD without starting the download for a short period of time? 

Did not tested that with the new version yet.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 31 of 346 (2,891 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hahaha

Well if it is only water @gumea I'm in. I'm Vegan High five 

Message 32 of 346 (2,901 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@DannyOuter "Vegan" is a new race that we meet in Andromeda? Large smile

Message 33 of 346 (2,888 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Tom Much thanks Standard smile i look forward to that feature! .... i completely forgot to mention this but i think the fourth addition to the list right after the "Tips and Tricks" should be "Bugs and Fix"  maybe ....on the topic of bugs i dont know if this is a bug but in the origin client application settings i turned off the Origin Helper Service but when i look in the windows services.msc i see that its still set to run automatically which i find it should be either disabled or manual (delayed) at least by default i mean other distribution service clients have theirs as manual and also with every update origin keep settings for it being turned off but again when i look into the services.msc its back to automatic which also show up in my event viewer log as an error ... by the way when i set it to manual in the services.msc it stop generating the error in the even viewer log...and lastly a dark version to this site well the community section will be a nice addition, the white layout at late night is really not that easy on the eyes. 

Message 34 of 346 (2,866 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hahaha! 

Good one @gumea good one.

Hey but, who knows. Raised eyebrow

With the amount of new races, you might bump with someone that doesn't like meat in the game uh? Standard smile

Message 35 of 346 (2,893 Views)

I want to notice you all that this thread was named "Welcome! Introduce yourself"    Just in case. Sick

RU & EN EA ANSWERS HQ HERO, STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT AND BATTLEFIELD FORUMS MODERATOR

I DON'T WORK FOR EA.

Message 36 of 346 (2,890 Views)

@IIPrest0nII

Well, true, but what would a "Introduce yourself" thread do good if you can't have a discussion about the given questions? Wondering

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 37 of 346 (2,877 Views)

@Holger1405 wrote:

@IIPrest0nII

Well, true, but what would a "Introduce yourself" thread do good if you can't have a discussion about the given questions? Wondering

As was mentioned by EA_Tom in the OP,  just create a new topic to discuss any questions.  I think this thread was created for Introducing.

RU & EN EA ANSWERS HQ HERO, STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT AND BATTLEFIELD FORUMS MODERATOR

I DON'T WORK FOR EA.

Message 38 of 346 (2,885 Views)

@IIPrest0nII

True, @EA_Tom did wroth this, but @EA_Tom was also the one who started to get OT. Large smile

I think we should relax about a few banters in this thread, after all, the reason for this thread is to get to know each other a little better.

Message 39 of 346 (2,881 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@Holger1405

It should still be working in the same manner. It's mostly the naming in the client that has been changed. However, I can give you full confirmation once the article has been updated.

@Mug3nXK

We're currently still working on a Bug Report forum, which will be added to the Origin Support section when it's ready.

As for the helper service, I'll take a look for you.

@IIPrest0nII @Holger1405

I don't really want to break up the discussion because I love seeing people talk! However, in the future it would be preferred to start a new topic about any cool stuff that you've read in here. It would make it easier for other players to join in as they are currently probably missing the discussion due to the naming of the topic. Having said that, I certainly don't mind general banter as getting to know each other better is all part of the community Standard smile

As Holger said, it's kinda my fault for posting my thanks to all of you in this thread. It would probably have been better off in a separate thread. If required, I can still move things to a new thread.. Oops

@DannyOuter @gumea @Vanya-pathfinder

I saw you discussing some of the hardest achievements on Origin - that's would be a perfect example of a new thread that you could start! I bet other players would love to share their experiences.

Because it's currently discussed in introduce yourself thread, other players might completely miss out on this.. Standard smile

--Tom

Message 40 of 346 (2,862 Views)

white-origin-bg

Welcome to the Origin Community forums!

We’re glad you’re here. Click through to introduce yourself and meet other community members.

Come say hello