Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Welcome! Introduce yourself

by EA_Tom

Original Post

Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself

★★★★ Newbie

1.)  Im from new hampsier 

2.) some of my hobbys include skiing, playing basketball, and i collect and take care of reptiles (im not a hoarder, i only take in the ones i have room for Standard smile )

3.) my favorit origen game is the sims 4

4.)my funniest/strangest gaming experiance was when i was playing town of salem and someone wrote that my butt was nice and that i was their daddy...  they did not evan know what i looked like

5.) one thing i love about orgin are the games they put on the house

6.) it would be cool to see a world wide chat room in orgin that everyone can use, not just private once for your friends

7.) I dont relly understand the point of the wishlist so maby improve that?

Message 91 of 348 (2,696 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

where are you from? :

arizona, usa

what are your hobbies?:

gaming (computer & pen n' paper, tabletop, etc.), model building (aircraft, ships, tanks, cars, etc), strategy and tactics (modern, and not so modern), sci-fi... i could go on 

what's your favorite origin game?:

it would be from either the mass effect or dragon age trilogies, don't think i could pick just one.

share your funniest or strangest gaming experience:

nothing seems to come to mind... there's got to be something rattling around in my head... as i've been gaming for the last 25 years or so, but nope. just a blank space.

---edit

i've finally got something for that last one.

way back in the day, while playing f-zero with friends we spent far more time tying to fling our hovercraft the farthest off the track then we actually spent racing each other.

Message 92 of 348 (2,688 Views)

★★★★ Novice

• Where are you from?  Philippines

• What are your hobbies? Video games, cold beers with friends and pool to name a few.

• What's your favorite Origin game? The Battlefield Series.

• Share your funniest or strangest gaming experience Too many experiences to tell ;D

• Name one thing that you love about Origin Even though I would rather buy my games on Steam so I can have all my games in a single launcher, I think I am alright with this and hey at least we don't have to launch 2 DRMs at the same time to only play a game like what uPlay does.

• Name one feature you'd like to see added to Origin A better profile where you could put badges too (doesn't have to pay for and can be unlocked by completing certain game achievements!)

• Name one existing feature that you would like to see improved on Origin I don't know yet
Message 93 of 348 (2,664 Views)

Community Manager

@alexa20022002

Welcome to the Origin forums! It's lovely to have you.

I like the idea of the world wide chat room - it's something that I can forward as feedback.

Regarding the wish list: This can be used to track games that you would like to purchase. Friends could then check out your wishlist and give these games to if they are in a giving mood! We're also looking at adding further options to make it more useful, such as reminding you when an item on your wishlist is on sale.

@CasperTheLich

Welcome!

It's definitely a hard choice between Dragon Age and Mass Effect. I personally like them equally, but what I'll be playing depends on if I'm more in the mood for shooting, or more traditional RPG combat.

In the meantime, we've got a thread for both!

Your example from f-zero made me laugh, as I used to do something similar with my brothers and friends in Mario Kart. In Battle Mode, we would collect as much green shells as possible and put them all in one place to block the road, and then we tried to drive through the blockade.

Gaming certainly was simply as children.. :-)

@Convultus

Glad to have you on board!

If you're a fan of the Battlefield series, then I would encourage you to check out our Battlefield series thread, it might be of interest to you:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Game-Spotlight-The-Battlefield-series/td-p/6077735

Your idea for a better profile sounds great. I will forward be sure to forward that for you.

Thanks for stopping by all! If you ever have any questions, don't hesitate to tag me or send me a message.

Cheers,

--Tom

Message 94 of 348 (2,653 Views)

★★★★ Guide
  • Where are you from?
    Northern Finland, right at the arctic circle

• What are your hobbies?
    Aside from gaming, movies and certain tv-series, fishing in the summertime.

• What's your favorite Origin game?
    Mass Effect -series, some of the more serious older NFS titles (pro street & shift), don't like the latest ones though too arcade.

• Share your funniest or strangest gaming experience
    Hmm, nothing in particular comes to mind (aside from actual funny games like Monkey Island and the like)

• Name one thing that you love about Origin
    Wouldn't say "love" but automatic updates and dlc control are time savers

• Name one feature you'd like to see added to Origin
    Usage for Origin points, something cosmetic maybe (avatars, badges, etc).

Message 95 of 348 (2,646 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@Vellu78

We've seen each other around, but I haven't given you an official welcome just yet. Sooooooo... welcome! :D

Northern Finland, that seems like an interesting place to live. What's it like over there? I can only imagine how awesome the fishing must be there in the summer. I love fishing myself as well, it's so relaxing.

In the meantime, let me know if you've got any questions.. :-)

Cheers,

--Tom

Message 96 of 348 (2,611 Views)

★★★★ Novice
  • Where are you from?
    I am from Latvia but live in the UK now
  • What are your hobbies?
    Most people have a day job and a hobby. In my case my day job is also one of my hobbies. I am a locksmith Brighton 
  • What's your favorite Origin game?Favorite Origin game - Battlefield 3
  • Share your funniest or strangest gaming experienceCan't think of anything
  • Name one thing that you love about OriginOrigin usually has the best prices on two of my favorite game franchises of all time - FIFA and Battlefield
  • Name one feature you'd like to see added to OriginI would like to see some older popular franchise games returning to Origin, for example, Fifa 08 and others
  • Name one existing feature that you would like to see improved on OriginCan't think of anything
Message 97 of 348 (2,600 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@EA_Tom 

Norther Finland, that seems like an interesting place to live. What's it like over there? I can only imagine how awesome the fishing must be there in the summer. I love fishing myself as well, it's so relaxing.

Scenes from my cabin by the river Raudanjoki (good for perch, pike, grayling, whitefish and trout) and how I like to cook there (smalle fish a generally smoke):

Wintertime
Summertime
Open fire

Message 98 of 348 (2,590 Views)

Community Manager

@crOppster

Welcome!

I actually have a friend that lives in Brighton. He says it's an absolutely lovely city to live in.

And being a locksmith, does that mean that you have awesome in-game lockpicking skills? :D

@Vellu78

It looks beautiful, and very relaxing. But do you really still have snow in the midst of June? :O

--Tom

Message 99 of 348 (2,585 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@EA_Tom

It looks beautiful, and very relaxing. But do you really still have snow in the midst of June? :O

No, not quite where I live, allthough spring was unusually late this year (still had bit of snow late April).

Further north though (about 300 miles) there still is a bit of snow. Traffic cam footage: http://liikennetilanne.liikennevirasto.fi/?x=7668488&y=255527&z=8&view=&checkedLayers=5&cameraId=C14...

Ps. "Traffic cam" is maybe saying much here, it's a view of Saana, one of the highest peaks in Finland (there are no mountains in Finland). The other three cam views show the road, and the mountains in the background are actually in Norway.

Message 100 of 348 (2,581 Views)

white-origin-bg

Welcome to the Origin Community forums!

We’re glad you’re here. Click through to introduce yourself and meet other community members.

Come say hello