Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Welcome! Introduce yourself

by EA_Tom

Original Post

Welcome! Introduce yourself

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

origin_news_header_723x250.jpg

Welcome to the Origin community forums! If you love playing EA games and using Origin then you're in a great spot to meet other players.

Why not start by sharing something about yourself? Some example questions are provided below. And if you come across interesting welcome intro's from other players, don't hesitate to add someone as a friend or start a discussion here on the forums - gaming is a great way to connect.

• Where are you from?

• What are your hobbies?

• What's your favorite Origin game?

• Share your funniest or strangest gaming experience

• Name one thing that you love about Origin

• Name one feature you'd like to see added to Origin

• Name one existing feature that you would like to see improved on Origin

See anything that you like to discuss? Open a new topic and perhaps tag another player by typing an @ followed by the players name.

Have fun!

--Tom

Message 1 of 348 (26,322 Views)

Betreff: Introduce Yourself

[ Edited ]

Ok, being asked so nicely by @EA_Tom. Wink

Where are you from?

Franconia, Germany.

What are your hobbies?

Well, Computer games as the obvious one. Angel

Football (Yes football, that football that is actually played with the foot.)

Movies, TV Series, driving fast. (And no, not in NFS) building computers.

What's your favorite Origin game?

Hands down, Mass Effect.

Name one thing that you love about Origin

I like the new client. Easy to navigate and neatly arranged.

Name one feature you'd like to see added to Origin.

Actually there are two, a integrated back up funktion and game streaming.

Name one existing feature that you would like to see improved on Origin

Well, not so much for myself, but the "Extra Content" section could be more visible and/or there could be a note at game installation where to find DLCs and expansions.

Edit: Typo

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 348 (26,144 Views)

Re: Introduce Yourself

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Hi @EA_Tom ,Hi all Standard smile

1.I am from Romania, namely the green city of Botosani (I really like my town and I would not give to another Fingers crossed)

2.Hobbies, hmmm... :about everything related to computers; hardwares,softwares and not least swimming.I go every year on vacation on the Black Sea with my family, just to swim,especially style' bras'.

Three years ago,roughly I met Origin forum and about my work on forum Origin I can now say for sure that,3 rd is my hobby.Wink

3.My favorite Origin game,hard question because I like many of them Thinking I think we should respond visavis the latest launches:Battlefield 1:it is a great game in all views; optimization, graphics etc etc. It is the only game that I play every day (although I have several new games).

4.Several years ago, I went one evening on a server counter strike 1.6 .But this server was only for those with 'codes'(hacks) : After then I went on Counter Strike SourceLarge smile

5.To name something i like on Origin, hardest question againAngel If I think about it, I really like Origin itself or better said:community managers,champions,heroes ie, those that make Origin to be so.I hope I've been pretty coherent with the answer Standard smile

6.Feature that i'd like to see on Origin is Origin - General Discussion . I find is constructive and relaxing at the same time this feature.

7.As regards this point 'Name one existing feature that you would like to see improved on Origin' .I think everything is okay at the moment. Community managers worked hard, they were clustered solutions ,they have made visible.and many other things, etc etc I should talk too much and become boring afterwardsEmbarrassedor might interpret otherwise.

I hope that others here on the forum will beat shyness.Fingers crossed

--yahel_1

Retired champion.
Message 3 of 348 (26,143 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero
  • Where are you from?

Belgium

• What are your hobbies?

Making music, though I'm still a rookie. I recently bought a piano with a MIDI output.
    I also enjoy making very simple video games in GameMaker, but I rarely ever release something.

Mass Effect 2, closely followed by the original Mass Effect.

• What are some other non-Origin favorites?

The Witcher 3, Super Mario World, Portal 2, Team Fortress 2, Rocket League, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Monkey Island 2.

I think Origin Access is a good step forward in gaming. "Netflix for video games" is an accurate description.

• Name two features you'd like to see added to Origin

I want to be able to launch the games bought and downloaded from Origin without having to use the client. Similar to GOG Galaxy, where all games are DRM free. I would also like to be able to sort games in my library in a list rather than tiles.

I think games in the Origin Access Vault should come with all the DLC, even if it's a more expensive subscription model.

I don't work for EA.

Message 4 of 348 (26,115 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone! EA_Tom asked me to put a short introduction of myself on the forum and he did it so politely I couldn't refuse. Wink

• Where are you from?

I'm from Flanders in Belgium.

• What are your hobbies?

I like gaming. On PC, card games (Magic the Gathering especially), board games, outdoor gaming, role play etc. Martial arts is a second hobby  I don't practice it anymore on this moment (I intend to start again this year). Watching movies and series. I like horror, fantasy and SF. I'm a real fan of Star Wars and Alien.

Dead Space series, Battlefront, MOHAA, ...

Finding this in Duke Nukem:
    Afbeeldingsresultaat voor the dope fish duke nukem

The nice people on the forum and the good solutions for fixing gaming or origin client issues.

DRM-free gaming (for older games)

The payment with credit card could be done electronically (with a little box that challenges your payment) so it would be more secured.

I don't work for EA. If a post solved your problem, please accept it as a solution and grant XP.

There must be both dark and light. I will do what I must to keep the balance, as the balance is what holds all life. There is no good without evil, but evil must not be allowed to flourish. There is passion, yet peace; serenity, yet emotion; chaos, yet order. I am a wielder of the flame; a champion of balance. I am a guardian of life. I am a Gray Jedi.
Message 5 of 348 (26,083 Views)

• Where are you from?

Russian Federation

• What are your hobbies?

I like to help people. Answer HQ is my main Hobby.

Battlefield games; Mass Effect games; Need for Speed games; Titanfall (1;2)

Origin is easy to use. It has all necessary functions to play, buy and chat with friends.

• Name two features you'd like to see added to Origin

1)Would be nice if you make Notifications about server issues or something like in the client.  2) Limit bandwidth for downloads of games

No ideas, sorry. Maybe later.

RU & EN EA ANSWERS HQ HERO, STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT AND BATTLEFIELD FORUMS MODERATOR

I DON'T WORK FOR EA.

Message 6 of 348 (26,095 Views)

Hi and apologies for my recent lack of activity. Part were personal reasons, part is the insane amount of work that happens around this time of the year.

Now back to the matter at hand:

1.Where are you from?

Bucharest, Romania

2.What are your hobbies?

Playing games, obviously, reading, listening music (my most beloved genre is rock, but i listen music from the 1920 until today, as long as the sound and the lyrics are connecting with me), watching movies and TV series, anime, comic books, manga, watching sports (tennis, ski, basketball, hockey, handball, racing, rugby).

3. What's your favorite Origin game?

Do i have a favorite?! Nope, not really. I love the Mass Effect series, Dragon Age series, Dead Space series, the Sims series and the Command and Conquer series

4. Share your funniest or strangest gaming experience

That would be me being nagged by the dragon from the tutorial island from Might and Magic VII. I couldn't stand the thought that he was there and i could not do anything to kill it. So i've started digging until i actually managed to create a strategy that would bring him belly up. All my friends told me that was impossible, so i've set it as a goal to prove them wrong. Wouldn't recommend trying it, as it's a lengthy battle that will last around one hour when you are not used with it and half an hour when you master the technique. What can i say, i am a stubborn person and can't stand a wall in my faceStandard smile

5. Name one thing that you love about Origin

The community, definitely. The fact that the client is relatively easy to use, also.

6. Name one feature you'd like to see added to Origin

The shopping cart to make a comeback. Mostly for practical reasons and because some banks would register multiple transactions made in the same one place as a possible attempt bank fraud (thank The Maker, mine won't, though it does notifies me via SMS or mail of every transaction). Better site/client security and stability. More paying options.

7. Name one existing feature that you would like to see improved on Origin

The Extra content could be better organized, games should have all the DLC content available for sale in all regions (be it promo, pre-order, or just DLC's that was removed from sale for some unknown reason to us). Bringing back some old titles that were removed from sale would also be nice

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 7 of 348 (26,078 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hello there. I'm Alexandr from Ukraine.

I like to delve into the computers and programs, and spend some time helping people in AHQ...

Some of my favorite games is Mass Effect series, Witcher3, BF4, Titanfall1,2,..

Many your funniest or strangest gaming experience u can get playing with ur friends together!.. )
In Origin I love many discounts/sales and free games ) Thanks! And slowly grownup numbers of not EA games is also good thing too.

I want to see added to Origin:

- possibility to change EA profile avatar directly from Origin;

- possibility to change pictures of games tiles in Origin's user games library;

- when u click on any game tile we get some sidebar with animated/static background; it would be great to have possibility to change that background to own pictures or some video and add some users mp3;
- fix options "Show Origin after gameplay" and "Share system interaction data" (it not worked/not saved often);

- option to run Origin with separate chat window;

- more advanced options for setup Origin user interface from like minimalistic, normal and extended;

- upd: forget important thing: in case of install\reinstall games, players very need possibility to add\install a game by just choosing path to dir with before installed game's files (then Origin make some check all files and install a game), but not to download game again or manipulating with a folder contained previously installed game;

(Not one, sorry )

Я тут не работаю, а пытаюсь помогать таким как я...I don't work here, but just trying to help gamers like me...
Hero badgeChampion badgeNewbie badge
Fire Breathing Dragon
Message 8 of 348 (26,065 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

My turn. For starters, I am Szymon, a Polish MSc student, currently working in the field of biotechnology. More information below.

• Where are you from?

Originally from Łódź, Poland. Currently living in Dallas, USA.

• What are your hobbies?

World War II history, photography, reading books (WWII and post-apocalyptic; from the latter, Metro 2033 universe is close to my heart). I used to be into photography in the past too.

In terms of overall joy I got out of it, Battlefield 4. I also have a soft spot for Need for Speed, Mass Effect and Dragon Age franchises.

Yeah, that can be a long list. First of all, in BF4 I had a lot of fun killing people with hand flares. From single events... the funniest one? Battlefield 3. I was parachuting below two helicopters fighting each other. Friendly heli won... and the wreck of enemy heli fell on my head and killed me. Weirdest one? Getting to play against (back then) Netherlands representative from Clanbase Nations Cup in vanilla Call of Duty. The guy was in a completely different galaxy than everyone in our community.

At the moment? Mostly game lineup. The reason is that there are quite a few Origin-primary (or sometimes exclusive) franchises that I love (see above).

Well, it's less added and more improved. Origin in-game overlay. It sometimes somewhat struggles to co-operate with games, slowing them down in the process.

---------------------------------------------------------------
If you think that someone's post helped you, feel free to press the 'Grant XP' button. If someone's instructions helped you solve your problem, please press 'Accept as Solution', so that other people with the same problem can easily find the solution in the future.

I am a volunteer moderator and I don't work for EA. All opinions expressed are my own.
Message 9 of 348 (25,935 Views)

Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself

Hero (Retired)

Hello! So let me handle this. Standard smile

Where are you from?

Russian Federation.

What are your hobbies?

It's complicated. I need to find myself. But watching movies it's for sure.

What's your favorite Origin game?

Before Unravel it was Mass Effect 2-3.

Share your funniest or strangest gaming experience.

Well, I don't know what to say. Can't remembered right now.

Name one thing that you love about Origin.

Not a flea market like Steam.

Name one feature you'd like to see added to Origin.

I want to change the background of my Library. For example, I played Unravel for several times and after that I can unlock special background for Origin points. I think it's a good time to make them work. Standard smile Another idea came to my head. Will you excuse me? Put the button to Origin settings which allow to update AMD/Nvidia drivers.

Name one existing feature that you would like to see improved on Origin.

Not sure right now.

Thanks for attention!

Fasten your seatbelts, drive responsible and follow AHQ rules.

Если вы проживаете в Крыму, ознакомьтесь со специальной темой.

Я не являюсь сотрудником Electronic Arts/I am not EA employee.
Message 10 of 348 (25,789 Views)

white-origin-bg

Welcome to the Origin Community forums!

We’re glad you’re here. Click through to introduce yourself and meet other community members.

Come say hello