Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself

by EA_Archi

Original Post

★★★ Novice

Hey everyone. I am Mark

Where are you from?

I am from Miami, Florida. Love this city. It's like heaven on the Earth.

What are your hobbies?

I love football, music, and video games. Also, I love to travel.

What's your favorite Origin game?

Oh, there are a lot of them. Battlefield is on the top. I also love Burnout Paradise, almost all NFS series, Battlefront.

Share your funniest or strangest gaming experience

The funniest and at the same time the strangest moment was a triple headshot in CS:GO. I was like sitting with an opened mouth for around five minutes.

Message 271 of 474 (532 Views)

Welcome @Adam_Malkovich@searamoon37@markgallaher and @itsnanac. I hope thay you will enjoy your time in the AHQ Boards. Also, thank you for sharing and happy gaming.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 272 of 474 (521 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Welcome everyone! It`s so great to have you with us Standard smile 

Archi.png
Message 273 of 474 (519 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello

I am Krishna. Im from India. 

Message 274 of 474 (486 Views)

★★ Novice

Exeter, UK

Reading, writing, compter RPGs

Dragon Age (can't decide which)

Funniest? The really funny things in life have an element of surprise. Most of the humour in computer games is predictable, but I like Varric. The strangest thing is putting in  a bunch of mods and finding some I like that actually work. Having said that, there are games that need a few mods to make them playable.

I like being able to install on different drives.

I'm not keen on the chat method of help. I'd rather send a detailed description of the problem and get a detailed reply even if this took much longer (for the things that bother me now even the next day would be fine).

Message 275 of 474 (453 Views)

EA DICE Team

@krishna27199 @ang135

Welcome aboard! :-)

Message 276 of 474 (447 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice
  • Where are you from?
    I am from Finland. Not gonna go more specific than that                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
  • What are your hobbies?
    Gaming (I game way too much), listening music (especially metal), watching tv, reading books, writing stories and poetry                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                What's your favorite Origin game?
    Can't say for sure as I'm a new guy here. But so far I like Dead Space and Battlefield 1
  • Share your funniest or strangest gaming experience
    It's got to be that one time when I was playing Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood on my pc. I was just jump diving into the Tiber river when some enemy decides to attack me exactly at the same time as the jump dive animation is performed. It caused my character to glitch in the most hilarious way I've ever seen. He just started floating upwards like a hot air balloon. Ultimately I was floating so high that I could see the whole game world from above. But there was no way to get back down since my character seemed to be completely without gravity. Even though it was funny, I eventually wanted to restore gravity so I had to restart the game.
  • Name one thing that you love about Origin
    It's fairly simple to use.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        
  • Name one feature you'd like to see added to Origin
    I think it would be great to be able to take screenshots and upload them to a community hub of sorts, where you can also comment and like the screenshots of other players, just as seen in Steam. I love that feature in Steam and I have not seen it in any other game distribution platform yet sadly.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
  • Name one existing feature that you would like to see improved on Origin
  • The points system should be improved. I would like to be able to unlock something or get discounts with the Origin points.
Message 277 of 474 (316 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@AssassinoFinland Glad to see another metalhead here, and welcome. I myself love a lot of Finnish and Swedish metal bands especially.
Message 278 of 474 (310 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@JanePhoenix Thanks. Well, we metal people. Metal is like mainstream music in here. And there are more metal bands in Finland than anywhere else in the world. Can you name some bands that you like? I would love to get some friends. I have only 2 friends who use Origin.

Message 279 of 474 (297 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@AssassinoFinland You're welcome to add me as a friend, or I will send you a request when I'm on Origin again.

Oh boy, where to start... I suppose I could give you a "top 20" kind of list here, that would probably be: Iron Maiden, Opeth, Metallica, Megadeth, Amon Amarth, Slayer, Death, Black Sabbath, Dream Theater, Judas Priest, Nightwish, Children of Bodom, Blind Guardian, Dark Tranquillity, Pantera, Agalloch, In Flames, Ensiferum, Arch Enemy, and Katatonia. But that doesn't even come close to do the thing justice.

I have almost 600 bands that I listen to currently in my library on Google Play Music, that includes anything from 3 Inches of Blood, to ZZ Top. I am quite eclectic and open-minded with my metal music, and listen to all genres, even some non-metal. Alternative, avantgarde, black, death, deathcore, doom, drone, folk, gothic, gothenburg, glam, grindcore, hard rock, hardcore, heavy, industrial, math, metalcore, nu, post-metal, power, progressive, rock, sludge, speed, stoner, suomi, symphonic, and thrash among others are all things that I listen to.

I could probably manage a scholarly research paper on the topic, but I'm just going to stop there...

What are some of your favorite bands?
Message 280 of 474 (282 Views)
Twitter Stream