Hello everybody

by alierainy1230

Original Post

Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

My name is Marita. From Norway. 50 years old. Gamer, mother of three beautiful gamers and wife of a handsome gamer. As a family of gamers my husband and I have carried a lot of money to EA and not found a lot of appreciation for it. In fact, we feel that since the first games came out all EA has done is bring out newer versions with the exact same features and more expansion packs for us to spend our collective funds on. Seriously not cool!
Games?

Sims 1,2,3 times 4 plus all expansions

Sims for PS

Sim City 1,2 times 3

Need for Speed times 4

Battlefront times 3

Battlefield times 2

Need for Speed Rivals

etc.

In short, EA made a fortune out of just one family. Now consider this: WE ARE NOT THE ONLY GAMING FAMILY YOU ARE MAKING MONEY OFF and like most normal families, income has a limit so when families make investments in something as gaming together, maybe it should be obvious that some expectations will arise. Such as PC's not crashing from your products or gaming experience not being killed by player death due to lag which seems chronic both on PC and PS games. Would love to see that improved!

New feature? Sure! Instead of bringing out yet another Sims version how about making it possible for people to coop instead rather than have us throw out more money on yet more expansions?

How is that for introduction?
Sincerely annoyed
Marita Nilsen

Message 211 of 479 (611 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

hi @Straatford87,the perfect cm of all time...

i want to tell that...

1.I am from Calcutta,India,looks like the only one from here...hahaha.

2.i am 17 years old,literary busy with studies,but still computer games,cricket and tennis is my hobby

3.My favorite origin game is BATTLEFIELD 4 and my all time favorite is Final Fantasy XV

4.when i played PROJECT IGI ,one time i played it the final mission no enemy attacked me,they were running away from me and i completed the mission so easily...hahaha

5.I love that how origin gives us the feature ON THE HOUSE...its some next level *

6.actually if i say so it would be great if we could buy some games via origin points....

7.I think that the origin security matter in pc can be improved to make it the best

otherwise thank you so much to get me introduced in a way like this,oh pleaseeeeeee can anyone be my friends on origin because i have only 2..

Message 212 of 479 (531 Views)

EA DICE Team

@xKxRxOxWxNx @JanePhoenix @BF_Bouns @Mamma_Nilsen @sayanta0501

Hi all, would like to give you a big warm welcome to Origin and our community forums :-)

@xKxRxOxWxNx

We've got a lot of Battlefield and DICE fans on Origin, so you're definitely in the right place here! In regards to the Workshop, you mean like the one that Steam has?

@JanePhoenix

Glad to see you've found your way here after you initially experienced some issues with Origin Access. I hope you had a great experience with Andromeda and are still discovering other great games!

Big LOL at your science experiment by the way - that must have been fun :D

Also big thanks for great suggestions to improve the client.

@BF_Bouns

That's a cool job! Any big wins yet? Standard smile

Being able to see Germany and Switzerland from your house your sounds awesome! From the map it appears that you're "relatively" close to Cologne - do you plan to visit Gamescom this year?

@Mamma_Nilsen

Hi Marita,

Sounds like you have a lovely gamer family Standard smile

I also want to thank you for taking the time provide feedback. Especially the Family part - you and other players reaching out to us helps us improve in areas that matter to you.

In terms of technical issues, that is something we can immediately help with - EA Help is available if you need dedicated support with a game problem.

@sayanta0501

You flatter me Party hat

We did have some other gamers from India stop by here. Check out the rest of the thread if you can still find them! Also, thank you letting us know what you like about Origin, but most importantly how we can make it better.

Message 213 of 479 (522 Views)

★★★ Novice

Nice to be asked to respond.

I'm from New Zealand, play Dragon Age obsessively (Origins, DA2 and Inquisition with all the DLC) and my big wish is to be able to play these games which I have bought without the constant interference of Origins.  Please tell me that there is a plan whereby grown ups don't have to put up with this nonsense.

Please, just make it go away!

Message 214 of 479 (483 Views)

@LindsayNW3 Hello and Welcome on the AHQ Boards. 

So far, EA doesn't seem to have planned something like that. I could say that they actually want to improve the client and not drop it. 

DA:O can be found in a DRM free form on GOG. Which means: no need for client (though you can use their client to download the game, you won't needed afterwards, plus you get the installer to back it up on discs, just in case). EA has a decent presence there with some older games, but from the DA series, there is only DA:Origins (quasicomplete, Ultimate Edition + promo items + the Deluxe Edition content). I have DA:O on Origin (Ultimate Edition and Deluxe Edition), but i also have it on GOG, too. Same goes for a number of EA games that were released there DRM free.

But GOG is the backup solution for me and i am not bothered by the Origin client. Since the relaunch, the client improved continuously and continues to do so. 

Thus being said, it's always nice to see a bioware fan:eahigh_file:

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 215 of 479 (477 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah exactly, @Straatford87!  I mean the ability for players to add content that players want as well as make mods and guides is essential to the development and lifetime of a game.  Without that it is extremely limited and no matter how much DLC and content you push out, it just feels incomplete.

Message 216 of 479 (461 Views)

★★★ Novice
Thanks for the prompt response. I have DA Origins on disk and enjoy the (Origin free) experience. Maybe Origin will consider a premium Origin version perhaps at an additional price which is very simple, updates only annually and simply checks to see the content is registered. I'd certainly pay extra for the reduced version.

Cheers
Message 217 of 479 (450 Views)
Highlighted

Hello everybody

★★★ Newbie
  • Where are you from?
    My name is Alie  and i'm from the UK
  • What are your hobbies?
    I love playing computer games and listening to music
  • What's your favorite Origin game?
    Definitely Sims 4 
  • Share your funniest or strangest gaming experience
    Well i was playing Sims 4 and i had a guy and a girl sim and they both needed the toilet so they both went at the same time on the same toilet
  • Name one thing that you love about Origin
    I love how easy it is to find everything
  • Name one feature you'd like to see added to Origin
    I cant really think of anything to be added to Origin
  • Name one existing feature that you would like to see improved on Origin
  • None i can think of
Message 218 of 479 (434 Views)

Re: Hello everybody

@alierainy1230 hello and welcom to the AHQ Boards. 

And if you did not visited the Sims 4 forums, please, do so. They have a really nice community there, ready to help with any Sims related problems

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 219 of 479 (420 Views)

★★★ Novice

hello

from holland

having fun

Message 220 of 479 (410 Views)
Twitter Stream