Re: Weekly Event

by Iron_Guard8

Original Post

Weekly Event

Weekly events are still rubbish if pvp based. Team swapping makes these games unplayable. You need a way to ensure fair play, give damage boosts and extra life to the short handed team until each spot is filled. Increasing and decreasing in strength as players either join or leave Anything at this point would be better then playing 8 on 2 or 3. 

If not for the extremely poorly designed team based game & aiming, movement, lack of fine camera adjustments, overall incomplete feeling,  matching making, Super Brains, hit misses, miss hits, vanquishing hits, lack of pvp, Giddy Park, lack of backyards, advertising, and if the game had an general overall sense of direction and not just the laggard grind fest, it might be fun. 

Message 1 of 6 (406 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@GraveledStoopid Agree team-swapping & small lobbies are a nightmare for these events. After addressing team-swapping issues, maybe they should have AI re-population as standard until lobbies fill up, or if it's possible, somehow offer the chance of joining a group on a different regional server if there's space.
Message 2 of 6 (357 Views)

Champion (Retired)

As soon as Rux opens and there's a need for farming rewards, these will get worse, if AFK isn't addressed.

Message 3 of 6 (341 Views)

No doubt it will get worse. I hate it because this is by far one of my favorite games series since it’s release on PS2. (I think, can’t remember cause I’m old) Typically I love that devs implement changes to the series because it shows that they still have creative juices flowing. Unfortunately this isn’t the case with Battle for Neighborville. The game plays like dirt, it’s slow, predictable, unbalanced, and filled with glitches. My only comparison would be player run servers back in the late 90’s that hosted popular games like Ultima Online and Everquest. Grinding my life away in a game isn’t something I’m prepared to do anymore. I’m down for team competitive play the centers on team goal based objectives. This game has turned into a hijacked version of 20 games that are already on the market. Sad because EA and Origin are missing a huge opportunity with the 80’s making a resurgence in today’s culture. 

Change what people strive for (goals, objectives, awards, prizes, recognition) and change the way the game is played. The game is currently being abused because of lack of development ingenuity. The game changed but the motivational factors have not. Stop awarding solo artists (I am one) in online “team” play and devise a new point system that rewards/awards players that play to the style you hope for. 

Message 4 of 6 (321 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@ToastedSarnie wrote:
@GraveledStoopidAgree team-swapping & small lobbies are a nightmare for these events. After addressing team-swapping issues, maybe they should have AI re-population as standard until lobbies fill up, or if it's possible, somehow offer the chance of joining a group on a different regional server if there's space.

I've been asking for them to fill matches with bots since GW2. Bots aren't as flexible as players but they both help balance things at least a bit, and make the games look fuller. To this day I still occasionally get put into an empty lobby, leave and then find a full or mostly full game right after. A new player, especially those that don't use forums, will assume the game is dead and stop playing which is not good for the health of a game the needs lots of players. If a player is put into a lobby where the teams are mostly bots, they can at least still play and the bots can be replaced just like in GW2 private matches.

I played this event last night and it was really fun. TV is my least favorite mode but I still like it, with the bosses as focal points it added some spice to the matches and I really enjoyed my time in them. The teams were close in size for this when I played which is always good. Unbalanced teams are just awful to deal with.

AFK players really need to be ejected or some other penalty as it hampers the experience to an extreme degree. I'd rather have a teammate that was just bad but at least participated over an AFK one. 

Message 5 of 6 (311 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Iron_Guard8 Yep, I'm with you on AFKs. Have just been in GW2, doing a bit for the Community Challenge & was amazed how many there are in NORMAL TT - taking full advantage of the fact that everyone's reviving!
Message 6 of 6 (303 Views)